Page 121 of 197 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 131 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

New VX owner :)

Just purchased our first VX! Wife decided the "cool" factor was to much to resist, we always noticed them on the road and thought it would be a fun vehicle to have. Purchased an astral silver 99 from Richard Payne in Fort Collins, CO, at Detail Driven Auto's. It was a pleasure dealing with him, they are pretty familiar with the VX and had 4 on the lot to choose from. We are loving this vehicle!

Woohoo! Another Colorado VXer. Seems like there are a lot of us here. Maybe we'll pass Texas someday as the VX capital.

Welcome to the family. Be sure to check out this thread: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=21419 because it looks like we'll be trying to get together soon.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Hello, new to the site but not to Isuzu! I've owned an Amigo, Rodeo, I-mark, and 2 Troopers. This is my second VX to own. I had purchased a 01' Black VX in 2004, loved the thing to death, but my wife hated it! I had picked it up for close to $10k back then. Just a few months ago, I saw a 99' silver VX for $2K and couldn't leave without it! The poor girl needs a lot of work w/ 167K miles. And with that price I wanted to do it right. I've already rebuilt the engine (pistons, rings, gaskets, timing belt, etc...), new cv axles, ball joints (w/ Independent4x spacers), jacked-up torsion bars, window regulators & motors, all 4 shocks, all the speakers & cd player (player "freaked out"), new master brake cylinder, rims/tires (265/75 R16). I still have a long way to go, but love reading some of the posts on here! I've used alot of the info from this site on my new vx! Thanks!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Welcome and be sure to share your experience with us as well...

Living in CO now, but move here from Beebe, AR about 5 years ago...Woo Pig Sooie!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Greetings all!

Real newbie.... bought a '99 VX from a friend w/ blown eng., lower end, back in Colo. & am headed back there to R&R (repair & retrieve). Should be fun w/ all your help. Glad this VX site exists. Have done a bunch of mechanical work in my life, restore, rebuild, m/c, cars, trucks, lawn mowers, snow blowers etc. Looking fwd to driving soon. Many thanks ahead of time.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Welcome Roamin Ray

See if you can "Git'er Done" by May 2012...

...and "roam" over to Moab for some fun.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, I have been in love with the vx for many many years. Finally purchasing my proton two weeks ago with 69000 miles after owning and selling my subie for 7 years. Mine is in unbeliveable pristine condition but hope to change that. Having fun finding parts and accessories. Hope to get it much dirtier soon. Im an avid hiker so hope she will bring me to many unreachable places.Always looking for parts and such or tips so feel free to message me

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage108 View Post
    Hello, I have been in love with the vx for many many years. Finally purchasing my proton two weeks ago with 69000 miles
    Welcome! Glad to see another PNW VXer. Where did you get it? Got any pics?

New to the site

Ha! Funny thing is I lived in the Durango, CO area before I moved to Arkansas. My dad owned a store in Silverton, CO for over 10 yrs. Very good jeep trails up there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Welcome and be sure to share your experience with us as well...

Living in CO now, but move here from Beebe, AR about 5 years ago...Woo Pig Sooie!

Hello all, Newbie here. I have owned my VX for 3 weeks now and I am loving it. Had 2 Range Rover classics prior to this VX. Yep it was time for something reliable and a little better on gas. I do not go off roading anymore but it is nice to know I can if I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    ... and a little better on gas.
    BWAAHAAHAA!!! Noobs are funny!!!

Just kidding - welcome to the addiction. I know you'll be happy with it. Make sure you keep an eye on the oil consumption (every time you gas up, check your oil). Not all VX consume ... but none of 'em like to run without oil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    BWAAHAAHAA!!! Noobs are funny!!!

Just kidding - welcome to the addiction. I know you'll be happy with it. Make sure you keep an eye on the oil consumption (every time you gas up, check your oil). Not all VX consume ... but none of 'em like to run without oil.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye on it. I could never go 225 miles on a full tank with a rover, this is a nice change.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da...humbs/vx39.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye on it. I could never go 225 miles on a full tank with a rover, this is a nice change.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/da...humbs/vx39.jpg

Welcome Ryan, rider, Roamin', Rampage, Razor, metal & Fender! I sure hope FB's screen name isn't a curse.

FB, you got 225 miles on a tank in a Rover?...WOW! You squeaked out 10 more than we could ever get out of our D90...we even tested it and ran it dry once just to see what the max was.

Hope you'll love your VX as much as we all do!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hey just wanted jump in and say Hello and Happy Thanks giving to all.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Welcome Ryan, rider, Roamin', Rampage, Razor, metal & Fender! I sure hope FB's screen name isn't a curse.

FB, you got 225 miles on a tank in a Rover?...WOW! You squeaked out 10 more than we could ever get out of our D90...we even tested it and ran it dry once just to see what the max was.

Hope you'll love your VX as much as we all do!

LOL nope the name is not a curse.
    Last name is Bender so had it forever...kids can be so cruel....LOL

I never could get 225 miles out of my Rover...never even hit 200...I think 180 is the most I could get out of it. D90's are very cool rig's.

Thanks for the welcome Kat.