Page 128 of 197 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Are you a crop circle...

Welcome...
    ...No i am not a crop circle, aren't they made by humans with big planks of wood strapped to their feet ?......Kinda spoilt the whole Alien theory!

Must give my appreciation to New member 'Hank' (above)....what a great introduction to the Newbie section....so much better than my brief Hello!

I will be frequenting here often, i don't collect my Vehicross until next Saturday (3rd March) so i dare say i will have plenty to say then...in the meantime and for the past few weeks i have been doing nothing other than researching the Whole Vehicross 'thing'.......Really looking forward to driving the Isuzu.....Hope i like it as much as i'm hoping to !!

Cheers guys.

New guy here! Just bought my Vehicross on Saturday. Loved them and wanted one for a long time and finally found one to buy. I actually bought mine from a member here (pnwdawg). Already did a few things and of course need to take care of a few issues with it but I'm very happy to finally have one!

I actually come from more of a Euro and Hotrod background and currently have both a 1928 Chevy Coupe I'm building from the ground up (traditional hot rod theme) and a 33 Chevy Sedan Delivery (extremely rare/ next project)

I also do a ton of fabrication with metal, fiberglass, carbon fiber, etc and will be making some new parts soon for the VX as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and I'll probably be asking for some help with the current issues soon.. - Mike

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Amish View Post
    New guy here! Just bought my Vehicross on Saturday. Loved them and wanted one for a long time and finally found one to buy. I actually bought mine from a member here (pnwdawg). Already did a few things and of course need to take care of a few issues with it but I'm very happy to finally have one!

I actually come from more of a Euro and Hotrod background and currently have both a 1928 Chevy Coupe I'm building from the ground up (traditional hot rod theme) and a 33 Chevy Sedan Delivery (extremely rare/ next project)

I also do a ton of fabrication with metal, fiberglass, carbon fiber, etc and will be making some new parts soon for the VX as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and I'll probably be asking for some help with the current issues soon.. - Mike
    W-E-L-C-O-M-E...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    W-E-L-C-O-M-E...

Thanks!

Welcome on board Amish....new myself and happy with the activity on here and the feedback i have had so far....certainly more enthusiasm for the VehiCross than i thought there would be!...especially as it has been around for 12 years or so !

A Big 'UP' to the members for that
    Subaru Forester STi (310 bhp/330 Lbs/ft) JDM heaven

Congrats Mike,

I'm glad everything worked out I'm truly sad still but I know it went to a good home. Post some pictures updates with new mods when you get around to it ..I'll be lurking =D

From the original owner :Kpaske
    2nd owner :Myself
    3rd new owner : Amish

All forum members
    Rolling around the pacific northwest ...

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amish View Post

Welcome to the addiction Mike!

Plan on making more than one of whatever you do...we love mods...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Welcome to the addiction Mike!

Plan on making more than one of whatever you do...we love mods...
    Will do! Anything in particular people are looking for? I have made tons of stuff in the past and had thought (prior to buying the VX) of making a set of cup mirrors to start like the rally versions had, however I'm not sure they'd be a hit since blind spots are probably a concern as it is. Haha.

Engine rebuild

I recently spun a rod bearing. I can't save the crank. After reading up on the failure of the stock Isuzu crank, I'm not inthusiastic about putting a stock crank in.
    Does anyone know of an aftermarket crank, or even a strokes crank. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Gordon

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon vincent View Post
    I recently spun a rod bearing. I can't save the crank. After reading up on the failure of the stock Isuzu crank, I'm not inthusiastic about putting a stock crank in.
    Does anyone know of an aftermarket crank, or even a strokes crank. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Gordon
    AFAIK...

OEM Isuzu is the only game in town...

Truthfully, I don't think that there is much wrong with the 6VE1, you just have to get used to checking the oil every time you open the fuel door...

And changing the PCV valve OFTEN.

Just joined the family....

Howdy all...I took the jump and joined the Vehicross family. Found a '99 w/ 88k miles and got a deal I'm happy with. I saw a Vehicross one night here in Tulsa and had my g/f drive me past it. I figured I might look like a car thief looking in all the windows but that was all it took for me to be hooked. After a lot of research and shopping I got one I have to pickup from nothern Michigan in about a week (luckily it's my old stomping grounds with a lot of family around there to help me get up to it).

Any issues or things to watch for while I'm driving home? It'll be about 1200 miles all told by time I get back to Tulsa so I figure I'll have a good feel for it by then. I'll try to get a few pics posted when I get it in the driveway and get the road grime off of it.

Have a good day all!

Welcome on board Hooter.....i will be picking my first VX up this week-end but only have a 350 mile round trip!

Good luck and enjoy the ride (check the oil level before you set off )
    Subaru Forester STi (310 bhp/330 Lbs/ft) JDM heaven

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    This will help you in your quest...welcome aboard.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=21858
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Hey there, VXers!

My name is Lev, and I hail from Queens, NY. Don't own a VX just yet - still in the research phase. Figured I would join the VehiCROSS forum.

I am no stranger to rare, orphaned, quirky vehicles, having owned a Merkur XR4Ti since 1999. Talk about weird LOL. Currently, am driving a Lincoln LS, which is anything but ordinary, as well. My previous daily driver was a fullsize Bronco, which sadly, is now past the point of no return.

In doing my research on the VX, I have learned of the troublesome power windows, oil consumption issues, blown motors, cloudy headlights and poor rearward visibility. All things I'm sure I can deal with, being mechanically inclined (heck, owning a Merkur will teach you how to work on cars whether you like it or not [thankfully, I love wrenching]). The number one thing that concerns me about buying a VX is parts availability. It seems that mechanical parts are not too difficult to source, but what about body parts? Lights, glass, body panels? If I do buy one, it will be my daily driver, and will be parked on the street. NYC is rough on cars, mainly because people here park "by feel" and cars tend to get dinged and sideswiped on a regular basis. If replacements for the cladding, lights and glass are a real pain to source, I may have to do more thinking before I decide to take the plunge or not.

What am I getting at here? Basically, any advice related to the above concerns would be welcome.

Ok, I think this intro post has gone on long enough.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

P.S.: This has got to be one of the most well-organized forums I've seen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by logicdsign View Post
    Hey there, VXers!

My name is Lev, and I hail from Queens, NY. Don't own a VX just yet - still in the research phase. Figured I would join the VehiCROSS forum.

I am no stranger to rare, orphaned, quirky vehicles, having owned a Merkur XR4Ti since 1999. Talk about weird LOL. Currently, am driving a Lincoln LS, which is anything but ordinary, as well. My previous daily driver was a fullsize Bronco, which sadly, is now past the point of no return.

In doing my research on the VX, I have learned of the troublesome power windows, oil consumption issues, blown motors, cloudy headlights and poor rearward visibility. All things I'm sure I can deal with, being mechanically inclined (heck, owning a Merkur will teach you how to work on cars whether you like it or not [thankfully, I love wrenching]). The number one thing that concerns me about buying a VX is parts availability. It seems that mechanical parts are not too difficult to source, but what about body parts? Lights, glass, body panels? If I do buy one, it will be my daily driver, and will be parked on the street. NYC is rough on cars, mainly because people here park "by feel" and cars tend to get dinged and sideswiped on a regular basis. If replacements for the cladding, lights and glass are a real pain to source, I may have to do more thinking before I decide to take the plunge or not.

What am I getting at here? Basically, any advice related to the above concerns would be welcome.

Ok, I think this intro post has gone on long enough.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

P.S.: This has got to be one of the most well-organized forums I've seen. Ever.
    We have a parts guru contact, name is Merlin, works in Parts at a former Izuzu dealership. been there for about 14 yrs, he knows Isuzu parts forward and backward. Gives a discount and free shipping.
    I've had this convo with him on a few occasions...he says virtually every part is still available....he's NOT encountered one that was NOT available.
    Some take 6-8 weeks on back order, but he says they always come through. I most recently talked to him about this maybe 4 months ago.
    OTOH...I've heard several owners say they can not get the OEM muffler....but I forgot to ask him about it.

Give him a call...

Merlin
    St. Charles Isuzu
    MISSOURI
    (800) 727-8066

Mention the forum to get discount & free shipping.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.