Page 129 of 197 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 139 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by fildigger View Post
    Welcome on board Hooter.....i will be picking my first VX up this week-end but only have a 350 mile round trip!

Good luck and enjoy the ride (check the oil level before you set off )
    Yay for us! LOL! Yeah, gotta love them road trips! Looking forward to it already! Hoping for some decent weather when I go since it's been years since I had to drive in serious snow.

Hello everyone,

New Ohio VX owner here.
    It is a 2000 with 117000 miles. There have been 5 previous owners, so its been around the block a bit. It needs a lot of TLC, hopefully I'm up to the challenge.
    I've been thinking about buying one of these for over a year or so now. Its rarity was sort of putting me off though but it is a very interesting vehicle that I can't resist. I'll be using it as a daily driver.
    This summer I'll be replacing the weak window motors, the license plate lighting, the front bumper behind the cladding, the leaky exhaust, transmission and the front seat belts.
    I'm really looking forward to doing some small mods to it that you guys/gals have gone into detail about, such as projector headlights and foglights. The factory headlights are poorly designed!

See ya around !

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Welcome, good luck with the work & mods. I'm building some projector headlights myself.

New

Hey everyone I'm new to these vehicles. Don't have one yet but am looking forward to getting one. Just need to know what to look for with these things. Any problems best year and if any came in manual. Looking forward to talking to you guys and learning about them

Newest member here! I lucked out on an Ebony Black with Black/Grey interior. My baby has low mileage and a lot of love and care.

I've been searching for the right one to come along for a decade now, and when I saw her available, I knew she had to be mine.

I look forward to finding the answer to some questions I have about restoration and upkeep, and learning more about my new VehiCross!

~Noctis

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Welcome VXmudder and Noctis!

This is a great group and you'll find lots of help and the occasional chaos that makes VX ownership like none other...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

new buyer info

I know a lot of forms have pages dedicated to new buyer info Can you send me a link

Quote Originally Posted by VXmudder View Post
    I know a lot of forms have pages dedicated to new buyer info Can you send me a link
    Sure do , we have a new buyer (or seller) list we've been using for about 2 yrs, and just last week started to update it, and organize it better.
    It's not quite finalized, but it's complete enough to benefit you in your search.

Good luck in your search...there's a few for sale here now. Including one sweet low mileage Foxfire just listed here today....OK, I'm a wee bit biased...
    :http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=22151

Click on the "Forums" on left hand side list...then find "Vehicles for Sale", and ALSO "Vehicles For sale found elsewhere".

The file size exceeded the 50k limit, so I have to post the full test here:

VEHICROSS BUYER / SELLER QUESTIONNAIRE

*** oops, the funky characters were supposed to be bullet points...didn't translate from Word ***

Due to the limited production numbers of the VX, and natural attrition over time, the majority of VX purchases are now done long distance/ over the internet. We felt a very detailed, comprehensive checklist, specific to the VX, would be a valuable tool in such transactions.

• It covers many issues that have arisen over time since the model is basically 10 -12 yrs old now.

• It's not a comprehensive list , but more like a roadmap to some key issues to evaluate.

• Pick and choose whatever you want from this list....it's just a tool to get you started.

• Obviously users should still employ the standard smart buying /selling practices.

GENERAL INFO:

• Year
    • Color
    • Mileage
    • Interior Color/s
    • Asking Price
    • How long have you owned it

ENGINE:

• Original engine? If not, New or Rebuilt?

• CONDITION:

• start easily/readily?

• Run smoothly?

• Any choking, irratic or racing idle? Normal idle is around 750rpm.

• Anything (noises/clunking/whinning etc...) noticed when under load?

• Any oil consumption noted, under ANY conditions?.....dripping, blowing smoke from exhaust or just consuming it

• PCV valve changed?(Thought to play a role in oil consumption)

• Any known issues with engine?

TRANSMISSION:

• Original tranny?

• Shift smoothly between all gears both up and down?

• Any unusual noises, or slipping when shifting/accelerating/ decelerating?

• Gear selected match gear indicated on dash display? Shift mode Sensor ever replaced?

• Any known issues with tranny?

TRANSFER CASE / TOD /4WD SYSTEM/ SUSPENSION:

• TOD (Torque On Demand) - Green Power distribution lights on dash operating correctly?

• 4WD Hi/LO operate correctly

• Original OEM shocks? If replaced – list details

• Lifted or had torsion bars cranked?

• CV Joints & Boots – condition, replaced?

WHEELS/TIRES/BRAKES:

• Wheels - OEM or aftermarket, size/offset - any peeling chrome (’00, ’01 )?

• TIRES

• BRAND:
    • MODEL:
    • SIZE:
    • All 4 match in brand, size, model, air pressure & wear?
 (this is critical because TOD can act up if mis-matched)
    • Estimate tread remaining

• Brake Pads (OEM or other) – % remaining

• Rotors (OEM or other) - condition

• Any ABS issues? Functional, repaired?

BODY / UNDERCARRIAGE / EXTERIOR:

• BODY/SHEET METAL:
    • Condition, dents, seams uniform, damage, repairs, Color uniformity

• PAINT:
    • Condition, chips, scratches, dents, oxidation, fading

• CLADDING:
    • Fading, chalky, stains, color uniformity (as new pieces are often darker than old)
    • Dents, scratches, damage, painted or coated

• HOOD INSERT:
    • Faded, cracked (common)

• Fasteners all present?

• UNDERCARRIAGE:
    • Muffler/ Exhaust system

• Overall – scrapes, damage, tail pipe, skid plate, etc…

• RUST INSPECTION:
    • Front tube bumper behind cladding (often severely rusts, disintegrates)

• Engine bay, rusted bolts

• Muffler, Tail Pipe

• Fuel tank shield

• License plate light/bracket -(often severely rusts)

• Roof rails -where rails fastened to metal roof

INTERIOR:

• CONDITON OF:

• Seats:...leather, wear, abrasion

• Release levers functional on both seats?

• Rear bench seat (often removed)

• Steering wheel leather

• Center armrest cushion

• Interior door release handles

• Spare tire cover knobs (4 ) (often break off)

• OEM radio or aftermarket

• OEM CD player – still work? (Give error code ERR3, eat CDs?)

• WINDOWS:

• Any binding, jumping track, slow? VERY common.

• Condition of rubber weather strip/gasket

• Regulator or motor replaced?

• SBC metal brackets installed?

• Any indicator lights on/ flashing? such as ABS / TOD / CEL ?

• Any odors such as smoke or dank/damp?

MAINTENANCE/SERVICE/REPAIRS:

• Service history records available?

• FLUIDS: SYNTHETIC or CONVENTIONAL? DATE LAST CHANGED?
    • Engine:
    • Transmission:
    • Transfer case:
    • Differential:

• Timing belt changed? (Suggested at 75,000 - 100,000k miles, depending on conditions of use)

• Battery – Age, condition

• Air filter - OEM or after-market?

• Any fluids leaking? 

• Emissions testing (if required) recently?

• Any known repairs?

• Any extra parts on hand?

MISC:

• OEM roof rack (cross bars)?

• OEM rail caps (4) in place and/or available?

• Off road use?

• History of physical location, if possible (i.e. East, West, etc…)

• # Keys and key FOBs, owners manual?

• Any "mods" not mentioned above?

revised 3/8/12

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

my first VX was bought in HK 1997 with Blue metalic, cause I got to move back to Canada, that why I sold vehicle with no choice. then I bought 2000 grey in Toronto in 2002, but my wife wrecked a year after, currently I am look for the third, anyone can help me to locate a VX with good mileage and good condition, i am planning to buy one and keep it, it does have a lots of centmental value for me. hopefully i could get one soon.

hey everyone i recently purchased my 2000 proton yellow vehicross somewhat randomely in my hometown and have been in love with it every since - needs a few minor things here and there but every mechanic i took it to in town to check it out before i bought it said it was the nicest one they had ever seen - i dont think it has been off road much and seems to have been garage kept for most of its life so im hoping to have it for a very long time - cant wait to get it how i want it and see what it can do - my plan is to evantually purchase a different daily driver so i can take it off road more - very glad to be a part of this community and thank you all very much for any help
    Last edited by evillecutter : 05/01/2012 at 12:50 PM

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by evillecutter View Post
    but since day one there is a frinding noise, almost tinny sounding, that comes from underneath sonewhere in the front half of the car, mostly when i start it and sometimes while im driving - mostly if i reach a higher rpm but sometimes just coming off a stoplight from idle - i thought at first it must be some sort of heat shield rattle, but so far i cannot find anything underneath to be the culprit - ive read some discussions before about maye a bearing in the compressor clutch or in one of the pulleys somewhere - anyways, im glad to be here and would love to learn enough from some fellow vehicross lovers to maybe someday give advice of my own - thanks for any help and im glad to meet you all
    You'll have better results if you eville cut, & eville paste, that question here...

Sure sounds like a heat shield, but...

Welcome to the obsession...

Vehixdad again...

Whew!
    Trying to keep up with my son's VX. I know they have a few quirks but does it have to get them all??? Our 99 has 93,000 on it and I am on my 3rd fuel pump in 6 months. I think I traced it to a loose negative on the battery connection, thanks Wal-mart who installed this in August '11. Their batteries have a small negative post that our connector cannot tighten on. The cable could be lifted off easily by hand. You need to aquire a metal cup (Auto Zone) to put over the terminal to add diameter to the post. Guess what, they did the same thing to my Nissan a couple of months ago and caused the radio, console video and A/C controls to malfunction. Fortunately a hard reset (removing the negative battery ground for 20 minutes booted the controls up right!!! No more Wal-Mart auto. We moved on to the rough idle problem with the lean check engine codes and the cylinder 4 misfire. Cleaned the MAF and Throttle body with proper cleaners, ran a bottle of seafoam and replaced the Pcv valve (need it, no rattle) which did not help. Replaced EGR valve only to get a new insufficent flow code for the EGR. Replaced the Idle Air Control Valve and the throttle position sensor. Car freaked out at 3000 rpm idle. Fortunately I read the posts about the VX "thinking" and needing to be run and shut off a few times so she can figure out what happened. It helped her compensate quicker with idle problems but not totally so into the shop tomorrow for the Intake Manifold Gaskets. She reved a little when spraying starter fluid around the driver side intake. I will also have them clean the EGR tube, intakes and plenum while they have her opened up. I also have a new thermostat and o-ring type gasket for it along with new o-rings and strainer baskets for the injectors. I will also have them replace the o2 sensors for good measure. Hoping for the Throttle body gasket to come today in so they can replace it when they pull it from the intakes. I hope to have good news next week along with some shiny parts!

Buy the way, the VX is in great shape otherwise with no oil loss or burn and no tranny leaks in 4000 miles of ownership. Using Mobile 1. My kid loves this thing and it is a lot of fun to drive and look at. Plan to put her in a car show in April just to confuse the show people. Car or truck or motorcycle categories... oh where oh where will she go? Hopefully they have a "Concept Vehicle Come To Life" category.

Also many thanks to those who have been there before and given some great posts for repairs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
    Howdy all...I took the jump and joined the Vehicross family. Found a '99 w/ 88k miles and got a deal I'm happy with. I saw a Vehicross one night here in Tulsa and had my g/f drive me past it. I figured I might look like a car thief looking in all the windows but that was all it took for me to be hooked. After a lot of research and shopping I got one I have to pickup from nothern Michigan in about a week (luckily it's my old stomping grounds with a lot of family around there to help me get up to it).

Any issues or things to watch for while I'm driving home? It'll be about 1200 miles all told by time I get back to Tulsa so I figure I'll have a good feel for it by then. I'll try to get a few pics posted when I get it in the driveway and get the road grime off of it.

Have a good day all!
    Got it back home yesterday and it cleaned up nice! Had a couple issues I have to look into, main one being when I'd pull a hill it would downshift to get more power but seemed to have a "stutter" as it tried to accelerate (around 2900-3100 rpm). It does fine on a slow, easy accerlation but stutters whenever it downshifts for hard acceleration. Ah well, always gotta have a project to work on or whats the fun? Have a good day all!

Hello Vxers

Thanks to this site we made the leap to become a VXer. My wife and I have been looking for awhile but when shopping for a Vx there is not many close to home when you live in Oregon. We saw Roys Vx for sale and not far from home. He was offering it with a ton of extra parts and his service records showed he has already replaced everything at least once. Was a little aprehensive reading about all of you looking for million dollar sensors and dealing with service codes. We fell for it on the first drive. The Oregon coast was starting to leave its mark, rusty bolts here and there but home she came with me grinning all the way. Took two days to sort all the parts and Roy is making a trip over with more next week ( probably offered to come over so he could check up on his Vx that he is letting me use)
    For us,Kathy and I are going to put some work into it. Load the roof rack with gear and hit the road in the Pacific North West. If you travel the back roads and see a Vx with a grinning driver that will be me.
    Hope to see you out there..........

Thane / Kathy

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    All Y'all just remember to check the crankcase oil @ every petrol fill...

You'll have a happy engine for many miles.

WeLcOmE new folks...