Page 159 of 197 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Welcome to the addiction!!

I sent you a Private message.

Cheers

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 35inchOffroadBeast View Post
    Hello fellow VX lovers. I recently moved from San Diego to Charlotte, with a stop in Philadelphia for Thanksgiving. I sold my 97 Jeep Wrangler in San Diego and was searching for a VX around the Philadelphia area. The first one I drove had a TOD problem so I walked. The second one I looked at was a 1 owner, 115,000 mile beauty. The guy pre-ordered it back in 98. 99 White Ironman in amazing condition. And I stole it at $5000. Any way, I got it to Charlotte, at 16.5 mpg, ouch. And my buddy and I are about to transform her into a beast. I want to lift it 6.5-7 inches, run 35's, find a brush guard that'll mount up without any crazy modification. If anyone has any tips, tricks, words of advice for me as we get started, please don't hesitate to send me a message. Pictures will follow as I get started.
    Sounds great but you don't really need 7" of lift for 35's. I (and others) are running 35x12.5's with about 4" of lift. VXorado did a body lift in addition and it turned out great as well. I am sure you will find lots of info and help here on the brush guard as well. Good luck and keep us posted! :-)

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    X2 what Ryan said.

4.5 inches here with 35's
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC_2962.JPG
    Sent you a PM with links to brush guard stuff etc.

Fire away with any questions

jo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    X2 what Ryan said.

4.5 inches here with 35's
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC_2962.JPG
    Sent you a PM with links to brush guard stuff etc.

Fire away with any questions

jo
    In addition to the 3 inch suspension lift, you did a 1 1/2 inch body lift???
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    In addition to the 3 inch suspension lift, you did a 1 1/2 inch body lift???
    OME springs/coils and coil spacers from Indy 4x4.

Jo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What about the front??
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Aggresive Torsion bar crank...

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    What about the front??
    ....and diff drop brackets

Jo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me too, but I get only 3 inches if that. Any higher and I'm against my urethane replacement stop. Didnt think the diff drop gained much at all??

Little Help from the Pros

Hey guys, my name is Tobias from Ohio. I dont have a Vehicross but I have a 2002 Axiom. It has been super reliable up until Sept of this year when my TOD light started flashing. I only have about 80k miles on it. Always taken good care of it. No pulling trailers or abuse, just easy street driving and drove to Florida couple times from Ohio. I started digging around and found this site. You guys have the best info out there anywhere that is accurate and helpful. So I decided to join the forum, and glad I did.
    Question I have is, where can I get the transfer case front and rear speed sensors? I have manually pulled the codes per the info provided in the forums and found the codes indicating front and rear speed sensors. Just for the sake of elimination, I replaced the TOD selector switch in the left side dash and replaced the vehicle speed sensor in the trasfer case. No luck. I decided to investigate the front and rear speed sensors to see I could remove and clean them off and reinstall to check but managed to damage the plastic piece that holds them in the housing, now I need to replace them. They appear to be part of a wire harness on the transfer case and not replaceable individually.
    Any help would be great. I am kinda stuck.

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Welcome Tobias!
    I don't have an answer for you besides hitting the local junkyards. Any TOD equipped Isuzu should be good for a parts source.

I would also request that the board mods move this to the troubleshooting forum as you may get better visibility and help there.

Cheers,
    Scott
    There's no 'I' in denial.

Hello all, I just bought my son his first car, a 99 VX, he won't see it til Labor Day, I am keeping hidden and a surprise until our family reunion, so it's a big deal as he is the first of his gen in our extended family to get to the driving age. He won't get to drive unaccompanied until Sept tho. I will get him involved with the forum then. I drive a 13 black fj cruiser, and follow the fj forum quite a lot, so I'm sure I'll pass the use of the forum along to him now that we both have 4x4 cars that have been discontinued! We live in Al, are there any local chapters or meet and greets here in the Montgomery area?
    VX DAD

Hi Guys....

I am a new member.... all the way from South Africa!

I am sure I am going to like it here....

Welcome new members BX Dad & 2 stroke spirit!
    Vehitrails

Quote Originally Posted by VX Dad View Post
    Hello all, I just bought my son his first car, a 99 VX, he won't see it til Labor Day, I am keeping hidden and a surprise until our family reunion, so it's a big deal as he is the first of his gen in our extended family to get to the driving age. He won't get to drive unaccompanied until Sept tho. I will get him involved with the forum then. I drive a 13 black fj cruiser, and follow the fj forum quite a lot, so I'm sure I'll pass the use of the forum along to him now that we both have 4x4 cars that have been discontinued! We live in Al, are there any local chapters or meet and greets here in the Montgomery area?
    Welcome! It makes for a fine first car! I recall getting my first car (99 VX) back in 2000. I should serve him well if he takes care of it. Seems like it will be a lot to hide it for 9 months, but more power to you. I'm not in Montgomery, but I've driven through a ton of times on the way to Gulf Shores. The VX knows the way! Good luck with it and keep it on the road.

Hi there!

New guy here. Just bought a 2001 VX. I'm a technician by trade & bought this not running from the original owner. Think I'm going to rebuild the engine to get it on the road. Plan on lifting it enough for 35's. Eventually thinking about putting a cummins 4bt in it.
    Glenn