Page 168 of 197 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I agree - it's already pointed me in the directions needed for the lift kit, tire size, trimming, BJ flip, and solving my locking up problem (got a new transfercase). All of that in one week - well worth the $20 bucks! :0)

I got your jeep thing...now it hurts when I pee!

So I was playing around with the VX in photoshop and added some tires to it to see if I would like it or not before I purchased - and I noticed that the way I did this by putting the VX body from one photo onto a jeep truck that had my tires (then superimposing the rims) the resulting image reminded me of the vehicross.info header image - with the city on one side and the outdoors on the other

Anyway...

http://www.raceland.rocks/images/tires.jpg

~Robert

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanterror View Post
    I've seen them over the years and was curious, but being a die-hard Jeepster and American car fan, I always thought they looked kool, but never saw one lifted, until vihicross.info...and to be honest - thanks VXorado for your post of the lifted white VX that caught my attention somewhere and made we want to go out and buy a VX :0)
    Congrats!!! I also was in the Jeep crowd before stumbling upon the VX. I sold my YJ and picked up a VX three weeks later... that was 5 yrs and plenty of mods ago.

Also, that rim/tire combo looks good in the photoshop pic. Pull the trigger.

... and welcome to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Congrats!!! I also was in the Jeep crowd before stumbling upon the VX. I sold my YJ and picked up a VX three weeks later... that was 5 yrs and plenty of mods ago.

Also, that rim/tire combo looks good in the photoshop pic. Pull the trigger.

... and welcome to the community.
    Thanks! (been waiting to use that one)

Now if I was married, I'd be getting a divorce right about now...thanks to this forum.

I called up my dad (who is 75 btw) and said I accidentally bought another VX today. His response...How do you accidentally buy a car???

Well....I didn't plan to by a car today. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity though...

So now I am proud papa of 2 VXs - well almost - I have to have the one up north shipped down yet - thanks jnolan for such a great opportunity.

I now have the father-son project for my son's 16th birthday coming up in Jan. OK GUYS - HOW HARD IS IT TO REBUILD THIS MOTOR??? I found a kit online for about $500 but the real question is since it's oil seized (lack there of) from what I know, that means the block could be screwed - any positive reports on salvaging a seized VX block?

Thanks for the welcome!

~UrbanTerror thanks you
    Last edited by urbanterror : 09/30/2014 at 10:41 PM

Btw - I did pull the trigger :0)

The shop texted me pics this afternoon, transfercase in, tires on:

http://www.raceland.rocks/images/intheair.jpg

Looks like I need more lift...

PS. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread - will post in proper topics here on out

~NUT aka the NEW UrbanTerror
    Last edited by urbanterror : 10/01/2014 at 10:57 AM

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanterror View Post
    Be sure to add it here:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=rims+tires

Looks great!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

THX and added!

Also - here it is with a $29 stick-on hood scoop from autozone - I don't think I would have put this scoop on any other car - but matched it perfect and damn near looks factory :0)

http://www.raceland.rocks/images/dascoop.jpg

~UrbanTerror

And by the way, I assume every new VXr (like me) gets overly excited at their new infatuation and comes in and just pukes all over the forums with the enthusiasm of a teenager on prom night? :P
    Last edited by urbanterror : 10/06/2014 at 06:31 AM

After all these years.....

I first saw one of these beauties in 2004. We were killing time before a movie and walking around a dealership. I saw it and squealed very loud and people looked like they thought I was crazy. I wanted it so bad but was so broke back then. I've wanted one ever since. In the meantime, I've owned mini trucks to keep me appeased. I've had an Izuzu Pup, and I currently still have a Mitsubishi Mighty Max. My Vehicross was hauled here this morning from the dealership in Ohio. It's always been my dream car, but I have many problems already and a zillion questions on how others have fixed minor problems with this vehicle.

Almost forgot. It's a 2001 Dragon Green Vehicross. I've noticed some say Izuzu on the front grill, but mine just says VX. Mine is also a bit strange, because it doesn't have any lettering at all on the whole vehicle. Just the VX on the grill. It's in near perfect condition except for some minor things. The most pressing issue I have is the anti glare thing on the hood is coming up on one corner. So I'm stressing that I can't take any pictures to show my friends!!!

I'm also a woman in my early thirties, so a lot of car terms escape me. The important thing is that I finlly have my dream car. I hope to meet other people to help and possibly be helped as well.

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    WooHoo! Welcome to the obsession!
    Sounds like a previous owner debadged your VX and the VX emblem on the grill is custom done. The stock ones do say Isuzu on the grill.
    Is your hood insert covered with some sort of stick on material or is the fiberglass itself pulling up? You may want to see about buying a used hood insert from someone here. They come up for sale occasionally.

Cheers,
    Scott

P.S. lots and lots of information on this forum, just use a few keywords in the search function and you're off
    There's no 'I' in denial.

amplyprepared,

Welcome to the addiction. Your story sounds much like many members that had to wait for the right circumstances for ownership (myself included).

Your VX has been debadged. That's what we call it when all of the vehicle identifiers have been removed. The previous owner must have also removed the Isuzu name from the grill & replaced it with a VX. Many owners have done the same.

Your hood insert can be easily repaired to get that corner to stay down. The approach I've used in the past with success is to remove the insert and epoxy the stud back in place using PC-7. I actually went one better & removed all the studs and drilled through the insert so that I could attach it with Stainless Steel screws. Sounds ugly but it actually came out very nice. At one point in time, I glued one corner of my insert down with RTV. It worked but eventually I fixed it right.

So that we don't bog down the intro thread, either start a thread on the subject or send me a PM & I'll give you detailed instructions.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 10/10/2014 at 05:24 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    They do have that effect....

Quote Originally Posted by amplyprepared View Post
    . I saw it and squealed very loud and people looked like they thought I was crazy.

Welcome, you obviously have has an incurable fixation..

....glad you found a "dealer" to hook you up

The de-badging just confuses mere mortals even more.. its fun!

Tom will set you straight on the insert fix... there are a couple of options

The search feature here will give you LOTS of info, tips and fix its...
    ...and if you cant find what youre looking for dont hesitate to ask .

BE SURE...to check your oil at EVERY gas fill...at least for a while.
    Some VX's do use a bit of oil...you'll get used to yours.. but watch it closely for now.

WELCOME!!

Jo

VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi from a new guy!

Just bought a 1999 Silver VX for my wife.We also have a 2000 Prowler and a 2005 SSR Chevy truck.
    The VX has 208,000 miles on it(I know thats a lot of miles). It has new tires and brakes.I put in a new timing belt, fixed the up and down window problem and I had it put up on a rack and all the worn suspension parts,leaky hoses and undercarriage parts were replaced.It is running great.
    I love this car and I'm not going to sell it, so I don't mind the expense.I think this car is a classic and will never go out of style.
    I'm planning to paint the hood(matte black on the insert?) and go on a desperate search for a black and red drivers seat. Any advice would be appreciated...thanks.

Welcome buddy! Looks like you got the basics down, just watch that transmission! Seats are gonna be spendy for OEM.