Page 171 of 197 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2953

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Welcome Emigo!
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.
    There's no 'I' in denial.

Hello

Hello everyone. I believe I joined the wrong group. I own an Amigo and was just looking for an Isuzu owners group as I have been having great difficulty locating a hard to find part for my 4 wheeled friend. I do apologize for wasting your time, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. (I am seeking a tailgate bar for my 1999 Amigo)

Turtle...
    You may find some answers for your Amigo since several VX owners here also own other Isuzu vehicles including Amigos. However if you have no luck try taking a look over on the planet....http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Hi from Little-ry

Hi, folks was waiting two years for the right VX to turn up in the uk. will now be my pet project for the next few years , as well as my daily ride. Think I've got a decent one, but obviously a few things need doing...most obvious thing the speedo is not working which I am told is the cause of the engine check light being on. Have read a few posts about the sensor in the transmission, which I will be changing....for the future is there any mechanics/ garages.. suppliers in the South East of England that any one can recommend....Look forward to hearing from you all Little-ry

Welcome home Little-ry!

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlemn View Post
    Hello everyone. I believe I joined the wrong group. I own an Amigo and was just looking for an Isuzu owners group as I have been having great difficulty locating a hard to find part for my 4 wheeled friend. I do apologize for wasting your time, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. (I am seeking a tailgate bar for my 1999 Amigo)
    Hey Turtlemn. I have a 99 Amigo that keeps the VX company in the driveway. This forum is great for non VX'rs too. The Amigo shares a lot with the VX anyway so you'll still find a lot of good stuff here as well as the planet.

I assume you are talking about the arm that holds the door open. I haven't had to try to source one but send me a PM if you'd like for me to look in my area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Md Fe

MD FE here,
    I am an iron worker (hence the nick name). I just bought my 99 Silver Vehicross a month ago and DAMN!!! After some minor engine repair work (seals), sunroof modification, rear view camera, roof rack with roof top tent, I am planning on taking this awesome vehicle into the Canadian wilderness to find me some bears. Thanks to this website, I have already put about 50 hours of fun/modifications onto my VX and planning on more. Thanks for all your help.

If you are looking to get out and have some fun with your VX, join us on Moab 5/10/15-5/16/15. Here is the thread http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=26236

Hello from Raiford FL

I saw the VX on craigslist and it tugged at me. I traded my 86 vette for it. I can't wait to play with it. Noone here has any idea what it is. People stare as I drive by. Its awesome LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jclarkwins View Post
    I saw the VX on craigslist and it tugged at me. I traded my 86 vette for it. I can't wait to play with it. Noone here has any idea what it is. People stare as I drive by. Its awesome LOL.
    Welcome to the family. Believe it or not, you will become more obsessed with our quirky little VX than you were with your Vette.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Coming at ya from Chi town!

It's good to be part of the team! I am obsessed with this car. I live in Chicago and I passed one parked on the street. That was about five months ago. Every time I passed by that area I was scanning to get another glimpse. This last weekend I happened upon one for sale in Denver. I booked a flight, bought it, and drove it back here (did a little trail driving in the mountains first of course). 2001 silver with 128 on it. Seems to run great so far!

I look forward to learning more about this car and enjoying it as long as I can.

Awesome Swanny! Welcome to the obsession. You should've given us folks here in Denver a heads up and we could've had a impromptu meet up.
    Cheers,
    Scott

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Welcome indeed.

Don't worry about that new lack of money in your wallet...it's going to a good cause...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Hi Swanny... I'm STILL obsessed with mine!

Welcome to the addiction...

...be prepared to talk to lots of strangers saying "WTF is that" !!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talking I Cannot Frickin Wait!

Hello all!

So... the VX has been haunting me for over a decade now.

I had picked up a copy of I.D. magazine about the time I graduated high school and I remember seeing this baddassed vehicle as well as a bunch of other cool product designs inside. This spawned my love of design and ultimately my decision to go to school for industrial design (I.D.)
    Through my classes at the Pratt Institute, anytime I was tasked with drawing a car they always ended up looking derivative of the VehiCross.

Fast forward to last year... I'm driving down the street in metro Detroit here and I see a proton yellow VX. I must have tailgated this guy for a mile staring the VX down, until he just up and smoked me off of the light. I actually had to say it out loud (with only myself in the car) that is the coolest F**king car I have ever seen. Being from detroit I assumed that this was someone driving some domestic automakers unreleased next model year or a working concept car, having no idea that this thing was over a decade old.
    Also, I am pretty sure that I said the same exact thing at the NAIAS in the late nineties and I am pretty sure I have a bunch of photos of the VX concept lying around in a bin somewhere.

so... I have never loved any car that I have ever owned, barring the great affinity I had for my 96 wrangler. Since then, I have always asserted that "curbs are merely a human construct put in place to control the masses". I had my ORV permit for a few years and beat the living hell out of it. it was great, but it was ugly as sin so I didnt really care.

now, as I have gotten every ounce of worth out of my 05 equinox
    (horrible pile of trash)
    I went searching for a car that I can actually love.
    my requirements: Has to be a workhorse, 4x4 or AWD at least, easily serviced by myself, with ample parts available for replacement, oh..and I have to be able to cart around my infant son(ruling out another wrangler, as laid down by my wife). Looking cool was going to end up a luxury, as all signs pointed to a late (early 2000's) Jeep Cherokee. this was NOT going to be the car that I fall in love with... but it will do.

untill.. my internet searches formally introduced me to the VX.
    Thats when I realized that this thing has been my white whale for quite some time now.

I have been nothing but fixated on owning one since. I finally found one for sale close enough, and now, I am about to drive 200 miles to pick up a '99 astral silver with 128 on it and in very good condition. If for some reason this one falls through, I can assure everyone reading this that I will stop at nothing to make one mine (well... i will most likely stop short of theft ^_^).

I may have registered here today, but hopefully I can officially join the community very soon.

I seriously cannot sleep I am so excited!

sorry for the looooong intro.

TLDR: I am a total design nerd inlove with the VX, I am picking up an silver 99 on friday and I am nerding out.