Page 20 of 197 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hi, I'm Ben. Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyway, I'm another sports car-suv/vx convert sorta. I don't have a VX as of yet, but I just might have an opportunity to pick up a '99 Astral VX if things work out for me (posted a thread about it in the VX Talk section).

Wink Hey There

Hey, i just found this site..... im new to the vehi cross thing lol i just got mine this past october and i love it..... im looking for other people with vehi crosses in the Daytona Beach/ Orlando, FL area! If you are out there hit me up!

Talking Hi everyone! I'm a VX newbie! :D

I discovered the VX by chance, while shopping for a small SUV to haul around random things and my 2 large dogs (bullmastiff and great dane/akita mix).

I was looking for vehicles on the Carmax website under Isuzu with my bf, when we spotted the model name "Vehi-Cross", which sounded kinda cool and strangely familiar. We immediately "googled it" to find out more about this neat looking little crossover.
    I personally love all things the slightest bit modern/contemporary and immediately made up my mind that's the vehicle I wanted!

I ended up having my grey VX transported from a Carmax in Albuquerque, NM to Raleigh, NC. It took a couple of weeks, but well worth the wait and the extra dough to have it brought over.

Currently my baby is having a custom audio install done. I will post lots of pics as soon as I get her back!

I would also like to get in contact with fellow VX owners in the RDU/ NC area. Maybe we can all go off-roading one day! It'd be fun! Haha.

VehiCROSS robot

Austin Robot Technology has selected a VX as the off-road vehicle to serve as a platform for our robotic entry into the 2005 DARPA Grand Challenge. We have made many mods to the VX to enable drive-by-wire (computer control) and to add sensors for input to the computer. I'm hoping members of this club will act as consultants on off-road matters. I will post specific questions on other forum threads. Thanks for any help.

Talking DARPAutomated

Maybe DARPA could hybridize the VX with Loki, their puffin-like underwater fighter and call it the Loki-Motive
    ...behold a government which to bigotry gives no sanction and to persecution no assistance...
    1790 Geo. Washington

Talking looking for my own VX

like many here, I saw the VX when they were just talking bout it coming to the States, I thought damn that would be awesome to own and I saw the list price as originally somewhere around $15,000 in Motor Trend, well when I finally saw one at a dealership and saw it was listed at $35,000 I was really pissed and dissappointed, I couldn't justify buying on a pvt's military salary. I was pretty jealous anytime I saw a guy driving one, my first actual test drive of the VX was a 2001 Proton that was bought by a local radio station here in DC which I did some live shows with and they let me drive it to a couple of concerts to advertise the station.... I LOVED all the looks I got and head turns, but I also loved the fact I got to get to know the VX for free it just fueled my addiction. Now I'm in a position to buy one. I'd prefer a 2001 Ironman and I've seen one or two 01's in GA (53,000 for $15,900) and IL (33,000 and price not listed) and a 00 in NJ 27,900 for $17,999 for sale listed on auto trader, cars.com and eBay. Also a 01 silver w/red and black seats in MD w/ 40,000 for $16,000. So needless to say my choices are pretty varied, but I'm getting ancy trying to find the right one. But when I do I'll be sure to come on here an announce it.
    -Jag

Another One For Canada!

Good day, eh,

Well, after many sleepless nights, and lots of error checking, I drove across the border last night with no complications and gave Canada another VX. (In this thread I only saw one other member introduce themselves from Canada - there's gotta be more of you - drop me line fellow Canadians)

I first saw the VX in 1999 in a car mag, I wanted it. I contacted my local ISUZU dealer to look into one, and I was told tough luck, they're not sold in Canada and can't bring one in. So I bought an XTerra, it was cool being one of the few in the City for a couple of years- now they're everywhere. So six years later, I'm bored with my X, so I started looking... Then I remembered the VX, I did some research on the net and came across VehiCROSS.info (AMAZING SITE), after 5 minutes I was hooked - whatever it took, I was going to get one. So I set the ball in motion; federal approvals, import broker, etc...

I knew I wanted a 2001 ebony with red interior. If was going to go through the effort I could not settle for less. I figured it would take me a few months to find one- it took me a week. I found it on a used car web site near Chicago, it was just posted. I called them accepted their price sent them a cheque the next day. There was no test drive, only saw 4 pictures of it, the first time I saw it and touched it was when I picked it up yesterday. This confidence (or insanity) was based on hours of reading through this site with so many jazzed and happy owners. You guys didn't let me down, this vehicle exceeded my expectations. She's got 31K and still looks new in and out.
    You'll likely be seeing a lot of me in the other sections asking for some input on modifications, I'm like a kid in a candy shop looking at the various mods you people have done; "I want that, I want that, and that, and that ....."

My wife loves it too, always a plus.(She though I lost my mind buying this vehicle over the phone, I think I proved her part ways wrong.)

Well, thanks for letting me chat like an excited kid, see you in the forums.

Cheers,
    Ken

FUNNY STORY...
    After driving 14 hours and 840 miles from the dealer to my home without incident last night, I was nabbed at 1:30 in the morning by a photoradar less than a mile from home running a yellow doing 50mph in a 35mph zone. That "Power" button going to cost me good.

And if you think that's funny, two days ago I rear ended a crazy driver with my XTerra- the day before I was going to take it off the road! I haven't had an accident in 14 years!

Ken,

Welcome to the list. This forum is one of the largest benefits to owning a VX. If you have any questions someone will usually respond within minutes. Congratulations and look forward to your posts.

Scott
    Scott

Stoked in Boulder

I first saw the VX back in 1998 as I faced graduation from the University of Colorado and looked forward to getting rid of my Bronco. Then reality hit and the salary that a research biologist made meant settling for less ... far far less actually, a Subaru that plagued me with surviving much longer than it should have. 7 years later and a new job outside of government funded research has meant the income to afford the one car that I've lusted after all these years. I purchased a 2000 Dragon Green with 50k miles on it for $13k ... a good price from what I could tell but considering it's a VX, I would have paid more and still been just as happy. And having a community like this just proves that the VX is a true treasure in the history of the automobile that will surely not fade.

Hello everybody,

My name is Adam Rapp and I have owned Suzie for about 2 years. I was looking for a small SUV and found a Vehicross in Massachusetts that was posted on this site. I took a drive to Providence to see what the heck a VX was. After on test drive I fell in love. Suzie is awesome. Living in CT and taking many trips to the White Mountains she has never failed me. I am originally from PA and she has taken quite a few trips back there. Our most recent journey was to my new home in Houston. She likes the warm weather and ocean, but misses the mountains in the east. I hear there are some good hills in Moab

My friends and girlfriend always thought I was a freak when I would go crazy if I saw another VX. I have had sightings in Atlanta, DC, here in Houston, traveling through PA, Hartford, and most impressively.....St. John in the Carribean...I would like to findout who that was...I went nuts.

Looking foward to being part of the community.

Rapp

Smile new owner

Bought a 1999 silver VX about a month ago, this site helped me out alot wih the research THANKS!

Angie in Indiana

just bought a 2001 Ironman

I'm too siked to type!

Talking YIPPEEE!!! I just bought one!!

Hi everyone

I just bought my first Vx this afternoon. I'm still feeling my way around the site, and I accidentally intoduced myself on the wrong thread-oops! My name is Darrell, I'm 40 and I live in Fallbrook, CA (San Diego county) with my Very cool (actually,I think she's pretty hot) wife Cherie. I told her about the Vx, and she said "sounds GREAT- go get it"( told you she was cool)! No kids yet, just the dogs (hmmm.. maybe that's why it was so easy)? I'm a corporate pilot and I fly a Falcon 900- for those who care about airplanes I am on a trip in Iowa and drove by a dealer and saw my Vx- ebony 1999 (It called to me, you know). Had to jump on It 'cause I leave tomorrow AM. Thanks to the folks who responded to my questions earlier- I really appreciate it. So finally my 2 year quest is over. Cherie (nickname Buff) insists on road tripping it home with me in the next few weeks. She knows a fun time when she sees it! Any groups out in the San Diego area?
    Great forum - I'll be here often. Maybe I ought to sell my Quad now.....

Welcome aboard! Now please place your tray table in the upright position and prepare for some fun!

Scott
    Scott

Hello,
    Well, I picked up my 01 proton Thursday in Ohio, drove it to Panama City, Fl for 2 days, then back home to Dallas. All in all 1800 miles from the previous owners door to mine. I can tell it has the standard window and headlight seal issues, although not bad yet. But overall it is very clean and runs really nice. My only concern is the rust that is present which the owner had told me wasn't. I did buy it sight unseen so was expecting some things like this. I took it through some mud in Tenesseee, and deep sand in Florida, and it never even thought about getting stuck. While cruising the strip in Panama City I received several positive comments, while one girl felt compelled to shout out that it was ugly. I guess she thought her stock 2003 Explorer was nicer. But she didn't even catch my eye so I bet she was just as avarage as her ride. (I'm not knocking Explorer's, Just snobby girls) Mine got all the ladies attention, even if they didn't like it. Yes. I love it.