Page 26 of 197 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

cross your fingers

If everyone can cross their fingers for me. I should be getting my 99 Silver VX tomorrow, coincidently the same day as my b-day but it seems non-sequitor since its really the day I get my VX. 33K miles for $10k. Not bad. Clean CarFax. Im over excited right now. And will be all over this forum asking how's, what's, where's about my new baby.

Hello EVERYONE 1st time owner just joined!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on this board. Just got my VX 1999 off ebay from PA will be picking up next week. That's all for now.
    Bye Grifter from NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Moncha
    Use this thread to introduce yourself to the rest of the club.
    Even if you are just lurking, this is an important thread. Tell us a litle about yourself and your experience in finding your VX.
    While you are at it, select what you are driving here

Note:You will be able to reply to this thread but, you will not be able to respond to anyone else's. No photo's are allowed
    GRIFTER IN NYC

Talking I love my vx.

I first heard of the vx in 1997 (i was in middle school & my dad is a car buff) in a magazine that my dad showed me saying that this would be my favorite vehicle. and sure enough it is! in '98 it was voted the sexiest SUV! Now that's hot! soon after that i became infatuated and seven years later when i really wanted a car i would love forever...i bought one! so now two years after i bought it, i still feel like i just bought it. i don't even see myself as an owner because when i see one on the street driving I will scream "oh my god its a VX!!!" then my friend or family will look at me and say..."your driving in one..." I love my vx to death...a little obsessive...but i have come to realize that most vx owners are obsessed with them and super friendly too!!!

2001 Proton

Well after wanting a VX since they came out My wife and I finally bought one. It's a 2001 Proton with 41000 miles on the odometer and it looks new. We look forward to learning all there is to know about the VX

Gary and Carolyn Zilik
    Pine, CO

Could have been perfect . . . BUT!!

Bought a GORGEOUS VehiCross (Ironman edition) - and paid for a bumper-to-bumper Isuzua Protection Plan Warranty - at least, that was what the sales rep took my $$ for. When I went to honor the warrant they told me that, lo and behold, the paperwork that THEIR rep completed was only for substandard coverage. Because of this "oversight" I've not been able to service this beautiful machine as needed - check engine light on - now check tranny light on - airbag light almost always on - neither window working - idles horribly (vaccuum lines were serviced recently and it drove PERFECTLY when I picked it up - but 2 days later the tranny light came on for the first time and stayed on ever since and it drives really crappy.

I do NOT plan on giving up on either getting this vehicle handled correctly - and I do NOT plan giving up on making myself at least a legal nuisance for the ripoff dealership. Eventually, the pros WILL outweigh the cons. This is an excellent vehicle and I love it - can't wait to get things straightened out. I have no doubt this site will really help me get it all together.

Hi All,

I was in a VX forum a while back, and now I am in this one. I have owned a 2001 since 9/2002. Bought it with 200 miles; currently have just under 18,000 miles on her. I've had the "usual" problems in the past - wheels (finally replaced, last summer, thanks to forum members postings), headlight gaskets, hood insert, cat converters (twice), windows... but

I still love my car! How much?

I love it so much, that, even after being downsized, twice, the first time from a job of 12 years, and then after 8 months (I live in Michigan, and work/ed in the transportation industry...) I have somehow managed to keep my vehicle out of the repo guys' hands, not an easy task! Now. I have a bigger problem...

In Feb 2004, I was out of work and storing the VX in my attached, insured garage. GMAC tried to tell me I needed authorization to store the vehicle, and they wanted to add $1418 to my principle for insurance. I sent them proof of coverage but they still charged me, and raised my payments. I tried for a year to get them to reverse the charge and adjust my account for missaplied interest/principle payments. I faxed proof of insurance for every policy to date - to no avail.

Finally, after a year, I informed them that I was going to withhold payment until they addressed the issue, as they now owe me over $2,000, and continue to overcharge me.

Well, rather than investigate and correct my account, and without further communication, they called my note. Two days before my birthday, I get a summons for a hearing. Now what do I do? My husband refused to refinance our mortgage - advising me to let them take it! No way! I have fought to keep it and as first owner, with only 18,000 miles, I'm not giving in now! I am on unemployment and employed p/t until I find another job. I need to have reliable transportation - right? GMAC claims I owe them X amount, but they have yet to correct the fraudulent charges. My only option, at this point, sucks!

I have only minor debts (besides the car) and the only way I could halt the legal proceedings, and keep my VX was to file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. I am morally obligated to pay my debts, and tried to get GMAC to refi my loan, but they would rather waste time and money in litigation than work towards a mutually beneficial agreement.

So, now, they have to accept the reorganization plan, if the court approves it, and they will have to investigate the erroneous charges. They will also have to accept the "value" of the VX at a way lower interest rate. The proposed plan will pay off the VX and my other minor debt, in full, over 5 years - for much less than my current car payment! I also have an extended warranty.

The day before my hearing, my petition was filed, and GMAC's attorney was notified; there is now an automatic stay against their claim. Disregarding the stay provisions, and in violation of US Code, GMAC's attorney faxed me a rescheduled hearing notice, just hours after they were notified, and then had the nerve to mail me a new summons, trying to intimidate me. Either the attorneys are ignorant, or they think I am... Bring it on!

In closing, I love my VX so much, I have had to resort to drastic measures to try and keep it. I'm sure GMAC will make this difficult, but I am ready for them. For those considering the purchase of a VX, regardless of its flaws, this should show you the lengths one will go to, to keep one! My previous vehicles were a 94 Bronco, and a 94 Vette. I much prefer my VX. It has been reliable and it is COOL!

So... If for some reason this doesn't work out, I may have a "like new" VX to sell - if anyone's interested!

?'s and, hopefully, answers

Gang-
    Have 2000 VX, Proton Yellow. First question: Does anyone know how many Yellow VX's came to the US? I got mine under unusual circumstances, was told it was not a typically imported color.
    Second, who has a proven bolt-on supercharger kit, or supercharger/intercooler kit? The car is going overseas and I want a failsafe system. Who are the best shops in the US or England for developing the VX's?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris Fisher

Cool New VX(to me!!)

Hi everyone, In 1999 i bought a 1998 Amigo, i had a trooperII previously and just loved ISUZU's. Well, when i picked up the Amigo, the Dealer had just gotten his first VX-I went nuts for it, but i'd already signed the papers for the Amigo. So after waiting for many years to get a VX, i decided about 2 months ago to "just do it"-there was a 99 in Chicago i thing about a month ago with 10300 miles that sold for i think it was like $10800 and i missed it by about an hour........then there is the 2001 Dragon in Alaska with only 17000 miles but i couldnt get together with the dealer(freight alone was around 2g's) so i eventually found the one i got at a Dealership not far from Indianapolis-they were really great, very happy with it(but have a dashlight/tail light issue i posted in troubleshooting)
    One of these days, ill post a story of the trip out and back to pick it up.

Greetings
    I am blessed to have found my 2000 vx in the wonderful state of Arkansas. I had it shipped to it's new PA home where I have fixed some front end damage and added some wheels, stereo, etc. I have loved the vx' from day one and now am thrilled to own one. I look forward to continuing to modify, supercharge and enjoy the ride. I am a General Contractor with a wonderful wife and 2 great kids. I hope to see many of you some day and swap vx stories.
    Chow for now
    Jon

I new I needed the vehicross the day I saw the concept vehicle at the Detroit Auto Show. The local Isuzu dealer new nothing about it so in my travels I stopped off at the Isuzu dealer in Grand Rapids, they new nothing either but where more than happy to put me first on their list if the vehicle was ever brought ti the US. Almost a year later I found info that it was indeed going to be produced, I drove up to the dealer and wrote a check as a down payment. Over the course of the next 9 months I was updated as to its process. On tax day 1999 I went to the dealership and found my vehicross center stage on the turntable with the spot lights glowing. I must say the turrmoil over the first two years almost broke me of the desire to keep the vehicle. At 36,005 miles the engine done blowed up, the dealership (the local dealer, not the selling dealer) accused me of not getting the oil changed on a regular basis even though the reciepts from them were in the glove box, four weeks later I received my vehicle back after paying $107 for environment fees. One week later the flywheel snapped and was fixed at no cost due to issues related to the engine replacement. Overall love my truck, drive it year round and am about to roll 100,000 in the next month. Same isssues as most, windows slip, headlights haze, cd play jams, you know the story. thanks for all the great info - Mike.

Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrk
    Hey I made it! Good work guys looking good!

I have had my VX for about 2 years now and I love it more now than when I got it! These forms have been great and so useful in gathering information and meeting and talking with such a cool group of dedicated owners.

I look forward to more good times with your and my VehiCROSS!

Peace,
    Dave
    I'm currently stationed in Japan and I'm not a VXer yet but can be as early as next week when I go home on leave. I love the VX from first sighting (June 06). I had never seen one before until I was in Hawaii. Anyway I've been on the look out for an Amigo to fix up and now I have changed my mind, but after reading some of the threads on blown engines I'm having second thoughts.

dave

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    I saw the vx back in 1999 driving down the highway in Louisiana. I could NOT take my eyes off of it. That was the day I new I had to have one and a passion for the vx started. For the life of me though, a few months later I couldn't remember what it was called! I researched, and researched for hours until it popped up again. Years went by and I fell more and more in love with this vehicle everytime I saw it. You could say it was the truck of my dreams. After trying extremely hard to purchase one on many occasions something would always cause me to turn it down and try again later. Finally after 6 years, I bought my dream a few days ago and I can't help but turn around in a parking lot with a huge grin on my face to look back at it. The vx is not just a car, its a passion, and Im so happy that all of you share this feeling with me.
    *VX CHIC*

Hi all, I live in the UK and am about to start my search for a Vehicross. I've always wanted since I saw my fist picture of one.
    Is anyone here from the UK?
    Any pointers to threads on buying and checking would be much appreciated!
    Thx, Amir

hello hello hello!

I am the newest member of the community and so dern proud to be here. Hailing from Tulsa OK and loving the offroad.

I do not own a VX as of yet, but ever since I have had a license I have been in love with them. Now, I am frantically in search of a nice proton to raise. It all started with my first baby:

99 Ranger, cherry red, ext cab, step side, nerf bars, brush guard, bedliner, hood scoops, 3" body lift (couldnt afford susp. lift), and 31" Coopers S/Ts.

Then I upped it to my still reigning favorite (until i get the VX that is): 01 Chevy 2500 HD crew cab with the allmighty duramax. Had a 6" susp running 36" Hummer Wrangler Tires, bedliner (decided to spice it up and spray the liner on the rocker panels...it was sexy), brush guard with 4 6" piaas, K/N cold air intake, magnaflow exhaust, hypertech programmer pushin it from the stock 300 hp to over 400. Ran it at the speedway and clocked a 1/4 in less than 17 secs. You know how it goes, some 70 yr old lapses into a coma during rush horu traffic, goes out with his foot on the gas, manages to weave through traffic and hit me head on going 60+....freaking civic twisted my HD frame :-/

Moved on to an Excursion...still had to mod it though. Same power mods as it was a diesel. It would scoot for a bus. But needed something smaller

In an 05 Colorado Z71 LS Crew cab now with a vew body mods...nothing too impressive. Figured why mod it when I am holding out for a Proton of my own.

So, that is my story...the stuff that matters at least (my vehicle lineage). Like I said, I am in crazy search of a nice Proton preferably with < 40k miles. And yes, I did email SDMtnBiker about his spicy VX.

HOWDY YA'LL! (i just know you all were figuring the okie had to say it sooner or later)

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    tbigity,
    Welcome, & good luck in your search.
    Sounds like you may be a bit disappointed in whats available aftermarket for the VX, (no chips, body kits, etc.) but it's still one of the most extraordinary rides available IMO.
    I've got kinfolk in Bixby (aunt & uncle), so who knows, you may see me round yer neck of the woods some day.