Page 27 of 197 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

I have just purchased a 99 Ebony.

I bought one in 99 and had to sell it soon after buying it.
    So many years later I fianally bought another one.

Now I have to type in a low voice so my wife doesn't hear this "hopefully I'll soon be able to start modifying it" " like wheels and tires, dual exhaust, custom taillights, custom headlights, light bar,... stuff like that."

No Way!!!

To Ldub: NOFREAKINGWAY?!! In a town of only 8,000 people, in a country of nearly half a billion...that is nuts, what are the odds. That would be neat. You will be able to spot me...AS I WILL BE DRIVING A 2001 PROTON! That is right, I am getting one :-D Seriously, I just messed myself. And it is already modded, for the most part. Just missing a calminia and some Nittos. I will let you know. Ok, it is not final yet, as it is currently about 1,600 miles away, but twill happen...oh yes...twill.

Just got a 1999 Silver VX

HI everybody
    Yesterday we got my wife a VX we were dreaming of for past couple of years! Car is in great condition with off-road tires installed so we cant wait to take it for some action Hopefully will get enough practice before Moab 2007.

Self Introduction to you all

I caught a look at the VX while at a car show earlier this summer. I thought they were so rare that I would never be able to get one. After a little checking around I found that there was one for sale in town and it was a reasonable price. I made it down there the next day to find that it was sold.
    Since then I've been researching these and I'm at the point where I think I'm sold on these.
    The only thing left to do is see one up close. You know, actually sit in it, see how it sounds, rides, ... After that it's deciding what color I want!

Anyway, I hope that through this forum I may find someone in my area that would be kind enough to introduce me to their Pride and Joy!?!

I'm an Instrument Tech by trade, mechanically minded, and do some programming (when I find the time - which has been fairly sparce lately).

So, Anybody out there?

Welcome. This is the right place. There are several for sale here. I found one in good condition on ebay the other day with a B-I-N of under 10k. Seems good. And as for wanting to get in it and fell it out etc. let me say this, if you are anything as in love with the VX as I, that is not necessary. As transio (the guy I just got mine from) can attest to, I flew all the way from tulsa to miami, he picked me up at the airport, showed me the car...that was all it took. I, with an enormous smile, said "well...let's do it!" His reply was "don't you at least want to drive it first?"

Dude, seruously, they are so amazing, I didnt care how it handled or felt in my hands, i just wanted it. They sould bottle the VX and sell it as a drug. They are great!

Thanks for the welcome,

I've seen a few VX's and got my eyes open. With Cash a bit tight right now, I just wanna be sure. Don't get me wrong, I've already have a couple thoughts bouncing around in my head telling me "Just buy one!!!!!!!!!". So far I've been able to resist. 8^)

So, I guess I better figure out how to write a note to everyone asking who's in my area?

Smile keeping the VX alive...

Hello to everyone, I just purchased a 1999 silver/black VX on July 26th, 2006. What an amazing vehicle. I feel like Im part of an elite crowd, which you all seem to be great people. I live in N.E. Ohio (about 40 miles east of Cleveland) My VX has only 56k miles on it. It was originally from Virginia, went to PA for a bit, and is now in Ohio. I plan to keep it here for a long time. So.... Id like to introduce myself to the VX family, and hope this will be a long ride.

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a VX in Texas. If you know anyone let me know! Thanks!

Owning Proton 2000 (model year 2001) from March. Like it too much. Some photos available in the gallery.

According to Carfax, it spent 3 years in Maryland, then 1 year in Ohio, then went to Florida and finally sold in Pennsylvania. Now it is in Zelenograd, Moscow, Russia.

Had to repair left front hub (around $30) right after purchasing.

I'm close to being one of ya!

Hey all,

I have always loved these trucks and am strongly considering buying one in the next week. I recently totaled my car and have a nice insrance check. Thanks Farmers! I've been browsing the site obsessively and it's qite helpful. I have decided on white and have located one with 51k miles on it. (1999)The "bottom dollar" from a dealer is $13,995. The truck is perfect and the owner even noted every fuel stop! This appeared to be a meticulous owner. So....I'm asking for advice. Is this a fair deal? I don't want to lose a bunch of money in depreciation right off the bat and I do put a lot of miles on my vehicles. I also saw some mentions of a bearing problem at 60k miles and this one's not there yet. I've seen them for as low as $6,500 but with higher miles. Any feedback would be appreciated! I hope to be an active member soon.

Thanks!

Dave

Well as most of you Guru's already know from my previous post... I DID IT. I am still on the honeymoon phase and so far so good. I bought a 99 Astral Silver w/ 125,878 miles on it and got what I consiter to be a great deal. I plan to do a writeup with some pics in the next few days about some questions/quick fixes. I love the club and am really glad to be in it!
    -Mike

New VX owner!!

Greetings VXer's!!!

My call sign is dc700 and I'm emailing you from Okinawa Japan!!! I just recently purchased a 01 silver while I was home on leave. I picked it up in chicago and drove to NY and then finally stored it in Stafford Va.
    My story is like most, Love at first site!! I had never really been into cars most of my money is spent on shoes for the wife and my drums!! LOL!! Up to May of 2006 I wanted a 94 Amigo and then I went to a conference in Hawaii and parked next to a Burgundy VX and I couldn't keep my eyes off of it! Again not being into cars and the fact that VX was debadged I had no idea what I was looking at. So I researched and found this site that answered all of my questions about the VX. Two months later I bought my VX!!!! The drive cross country was awesome the car handled like a sports car!!!
    I return to the states in 2008 and hope to enjoy her some more!!!

To all that support this site THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

PS: While I was driving in Stafford Va I spotted PROTON Yellow VX off of Rt 610.
    Take care DC700 / Vin# 1019

After years of waiting I finaly have a VX

Hello,
    I have wanted to have a VX ever since I first saw one in 1999 and yesterday I bought a 2001 silver VX with 55,000 miles drove it home from Indy and fell in love with it even more. Paid 10600 for it and feel like I made the best deal of my life.
    Question. Does anyone have a towing package installed on theirs and what do you suggest, I have a small trailer I pull my four wheeler on when I drive the Rodeo and would like to be able to use the VX also to take the Four wheeler if I need too.
    I would also like to install the cam in rear of the VX and wondered if any one has done that and if the recommend it.
    Thanks
    Ralph

Small town syndrome

I bought my 2001 proton yellow VX at the end of July. I owned a 98 mustang before that and it finally died on me, so i was shopping for a new vehicle when i saw a vx in the classifieds. It had about 58000 miles and was in pristine condition. I immediately fell in love. Last night was my first chance to really take it off road and Oh My God it's awsome!!!!
    I'm from a little town called Goliad TX, it's as about as redneck as can be but it's home to me.

Not yet...

I have loved these vehicles since I first saw one @ the SF Auto show way back when. As a freshman in college now, I find myself driving a tired 1983 Toyota Camry hatchback around town , wishing I had a VX instead. Within the next year I plan on getting a job so I can save some money. Hopefully, in about a year i will be ready to buy a car, and I hope I can find a VX near me in my price range!