Page 29 of 197 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

rocket

Howdey, nice page, thanks for sharing and the welcome, glad to be apart of the entourage.
    I am the proud driver of a firefox, there are a few items to work out, it seems to need a vlalve adjust, debug a click in the wheel, and maybe add some goodies for carry capacity and tunes, overall I am thrilled with the ride. I can feel your passion. ragards
    Last edited by BobL : 01/02/2007 at 09:49 PM

my name is raja and i have a vehicross 99 black

well i am new to the forum and hi guys. i own a 99 vehicross and yes it is a badass of a vehicle. there is something thrilling about driving it for sure. the rough idling of the car really sucks but besides this the thing is def a hybrid (part sport car part suv) there is no doubt that the car was designed for rallies. this car is amazing.

greetings.

im getting my vehicross today. its a 99 silver. i hope to use this baby for all it can be.

All new to me...

At this time, I've owned my 2001 Proton one week and one day. Still getting used to this vehicle and trying to pin down a few details. Saw my first VX in 2001, an Ironman and probably the last one sold in my area. Have only seen a total of three around here (Allentown, PA area), ever. Now there are four. Finally decided to get a newer car than what I was driving, and still had these cool little trucks in the back of my mind. A few days later, after some internet shopping, I found this one outside of Pittsburgh, and started making the arrangements. Never drove one, never sat in one, never even talked to someone who owned one. Love it so far, attracts many stares and questions. Figured if I was going to own a sport utility, it had to be one you don't see many of, and this fits perfectly. I expect to have some questions, as I do as much of my own work as possible, and this looks like a very good forum to learn an benefit from others experiences. All I have to do is get familiar with this whole concept ( am most certainly not a computer person). But, hey, a milestone, I purchased the service manual on CD from Helm, first eletronic manual in my library. Hope to get to the learning soon, so hello to all..

not really a newb, but....

I saw my first VX at a grocery store in Honolulu 1999. Dk grey and all luscious. It seemed to me to be grown, not built- and I told myself that i had to have one. 6 mo later and back home in Phoenix, I saw a Proton yellow in front of the local Isuzu dealership and stopped by to take a closer look. Long story short, by the time i was in a position to purchase my very own, (NOV 2001) I was informed that there were no Lt silver VXs in Arizona. Or the western US. or North America. Only one proton in AZ was unsold and I was not ready for that. 2 weeks after my dream was shattered, the salesman called and said he had something i wanted- maybe. I saw the Ironman edition when I arrived and when the dust cleared, drove it home the next day. (destickered at the dealership.) Turns out the wife of the owner of the dealership had driven it for 9 months and it was time for her to have a new car. Ive had good times, great times and not so great times since i was ruined way back then, but I still have a VX in my garage. 60k on it, and even though I'm not new to Vehicross.info, I was only a "lurker" until now. This site has saved my butt more than once, and it deserves all of my respect. (and my sponsership.) From the West side of Phoenix, Booya.

Hello all

i have been looking at the VX for years, and tracking this cite to see how they were holding up against time. i broke down and got one after i got home from Iraq and i love it! i am still really new to the VX so hang with me if i'm lost on something. thanks guys

Hey Everyone!

I LOVE this car...ummm...truck!

I have a white 2001 Ironman that my other half has taken over so I guess I am in the market for a new one. Perhaps a yellow one...or maybe a black one this time. Right now I am stuck in my little MR2 (which is fun as well) and on my motorcycle...but it's not a VX!

Anyway...I'm a Cali-girl living in Tx and am tickled to have found this site. Nice to know there are others out there that love this car like I do!

New to this site

heya all...lots of good info here! I am actually looking for a VX. I used to own a 93 RS Trooper (loved it) and have always liked the VXs. I live in Denver, so any leads on any for sale around here would be appreciated! I think I've seen probably a dozen or so in this area over the last few years, so I know they are out there!

Hi, everyone. I just bought a white Ironman from certz656. I live in Reno, NV and I can't wait to start modding the VX. It looks like the forum here is pretty solid and I think I'll be hanging out here a lot to talk shop and learn everything I can about this beastie.

Got 1 !!!

I have wanted one of these bad boys for a long time. Ever since they came out really. I could not afford one. But I was patient, I websurfed, waited for the right car and the right deal and pounced...I am turning 40 in a couple of weeks and this car is the perfect vehicle for my upcoming midlife crisis... I sure wish I could have got one 7 years ago....

hot wasabi junkie

Want to Export a VX

I am in Canada and want to buy a VX. These were never for sale ther and import restrictions require speedo in Kilometers per hour. Does any one know how this can be accomplished?

noob

I am the future owner of a VX for now I read and learn

great site

Well hello VX-ers! I'm new here, obviously, but wanted to introduce myself. I do not currently own a VX but am looking into getting one in the next year probably. Preferably a 00-01 Ebony, because I don't care for the red interiors and I would like the automatic climate control feature.

I currently drive a 94 Toyota MR2. I love that car, but started looking at VXs once I moved from Dallas to Boston and the inevitable need for a more winter appropriate vehicle became apparent. I like the VX because of it's unique styling as well as it's size and the cladding (those last two being very important for parking in the middle of Boston where I live.

Well, I do enjoy this site even as a lurker, and hope to join you all as an official owner in the next year.

-Nathan

Another one, 1999 Ebony Black

Well,
    I never saw a VX with my own eyes until 2006 Christmas in Cabo, Mexico. I knew about them and the basics of the model but it wasn't until then that I thought of checking on it because I just sold my M5. Came back to San Diego and did a search for VehiCROSS, first hit was autotrader page of one for sale downtown. Took a test drive the same day, owned it two days later.
    The transaction itself was a nightmare because the seller/first owner resides outside of the coutry and was not very honest about some things, but I love the vehicle. Upgraded intake and exhaust make it sound great as well as take the output to over 260HP (the power and torque on this thing is a BLAST!!!!!!!! It even keeps up with buddy's 350Z Nizmo for a little while.....I love to take off from lights and leave other rice-burners and most other cars in the rumble and dust).
    Onboard system includes dual-core PC, primary 7" touchscreen with multiple secondary screens ranging from 5" to 17", Sirius, XM, GPS navigation, voice recognition, 3G wireless Internet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 250GB worth of music, 400GB worth of movies and games, engine management integration and much, much more.....
    The reason I got the vehicle is for it's looks, I want to use it as a show car to demo the navigation system but I can't wait to have sime time to take it off-roading.

When I saw my first Vehicross in 2005 I knew I loved the look of it - but it didn't seem very practical and was a little bit above my budget. Here in 2007 the prices have come down quite a bit and I have determined I can get rid of our dependable but BORING RAV4 and get a Vehicross for those few occasions when we need 4WD to get out of our treacherous driveway. I am looking for a 00 or 01 that I can drive on the weekends for fun and my wife can use in the snow if necessary.

May have found one at Texas Auto Direct in Houston - relatives are looking at it this week. It's a 00 Kaiser - love that color. Test drove one in Akron, Ohio - loved it but too expensive.

I'm a controls tech for Johnson Controls. I love to drive a vehicle that looks good and handles just as well. I have owned Datsun Zcars for the last 20 years - 240's , and 280's mostly. Currently have a rock solid 72 240Z from California. - loved Z's the first time I saw them - the Vehicross is one of the first vehicles I can say the same about.
    Other dreamcars would be the Ford GT, Lotus Elise and I even like the Saturn Sky.
    First car was a 69 Firebird. ( loved it too )

Joytown?? - Kevin Gilbert (rip) Los Angeles musician ( Sheryl Crow's old boyfriend )
    "We're living here in joytown, the city of the sun, where everyone loves everyone - loves every single one."