Page 30 of 197 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hi there...

My name's Alan (as if you hadn't guessed from my highly unoriginal username ) and I live just outside Glasgow in Scotland.

I'm currently looking to import a VX from Japan so I thought I'd join up and find out what I can about them.

Anyhow, the plan is that the VX will join my somewhat un-standard 2004 Toyota Yaris diesel in the driveway and the bits of Citroen 2CV taking up the garage gets moved on. Somehow.

Anyhow, doubtless I'll see you about.

A

Unhappy Whiteveecross

My name is Harry and I am helping by trying to locate for my brother's Ironman VehiCross agood used working transmission. His dealership told hime that his vehicle had a transmission problem. He came to me for help in locating a transmission and installation. I have been learning more about Isuzu troopers do share the same tran as that of a Vcross. Any help or lead to a reasonable tranny for a 99 Vcroxss is greatly appreciated

Howdy All!! Just checking in!!

Bought myself a VX early last year and I have enjoyed all the looks, stares, and comments I've received.

Of course, it's a gas hog, and for that reason I've only put 4K on the thing this year, but I bought it with low miles.

Trying to fix it up to bring it back to top shape, so I'll probably be asking around for suggestions and I look forward to "tapping" the wealth of knowledge and experience here.

Kind of interesting knowing I am one of only a few thousand people who actually own a VX.

Diogenes

John

My Vehicross was owned a a friend of my son. It had been around for awhile and I liked it alot. I told the owner that if he still had it in the spring I would consider buying it as I was thinking about getting a new KIA Sorento. My wife really liked it and told me to go ahead and get it now. That was the end of November or the begining of December and, as everyone knows, it started snowing about 3 weeks later. I was so glad I had bought it then. I had no problems getting around in the 20 inches of snow and it was our primary transportation for about 2 weeks. I love this thing, it is so much fun to drive and goes through anything.

John

My Vehicross was owned by a friend of my son. It had been around for awhile and I liked it alot. I told the owner that if he still had it in the spring I would consider buying it as I was thinking about getting a new KIA Sorento. My wife really liked it and told me to go ahead and get it now. That was the end of November or the begining of December and, as everyone knows, it started snowing about 3 weeks later. I was so glad I had bought it then. I had no problems getting around in the 20 inches of snow and it was our primary transportation for about 2 weeks. I love this thing, it is so much fun to drive and goes through anything.

all about it!

Well, my dad got me my VX on valentines day 2006, I wanted something that no one else had and we searched and found this. I fell in love and we looked for a while until we found one we both liked. He went to ohio to get it and suprised me by telling me he didnt buy it, but had it shipped so when i came home one day it was in the garage and i was so excited. I love these little cars. they have nice torque to them when ya need it. I'm still in school so i drive it all over the place and people are always asking me what it is. I love the reaction i get when people see the red and black interior! i have decided to keep this car forever and just keep replacing as much as i can and keeping it in shape and updated for as long as i can. i love it!
    Laura

Newbie...

Just purchased a 2001 VX....only driven one once...just had to have it....
    I'm a VW nut both old and new so please forgive me for any questions I may ask....this is new territory for me....

That said, this VX has around 60000 miles on it and just went through a dealer 60000 mile maintenance (by the previous owner)

The only problem I have is of course the windows....hanging on roll up on the driver side, rolls up as long as you keep them in the track and with a little help....please point me to the correct forum....

and can anything be done to help with the gas mileage....add on, different plugs, etc.....

Thanks and glad the forum and site still exist....

Smile Hi there!

Well - it's been a while I've got mine - Astral Silver 1999, 55kmiles on dash, so it's time to register here.

Interestingly - when I decided I need VX & started looking for ways to get it to my side of the globe, suddenly one showed up for sale locally. It was there for 12KEUR. I called the guy up, asked for the condition of the car & upon claim of good condition, I said: I give you 9 grand right away, & the deal is done. So - I saw the car live, it was Ok, so it's mine now.

(Delivery from US would have taken ~1KUSD, + taxes another ~1KUSD, & I doubt if I could've found so much better bargain for car itself down there, so I consider having myself a decent deal.)

Name's Eric, details are in profile.

NOTE: boys get older, their toys become ... just more expensive...
    ...vita est via et via vita est...

Well, my story is remarkably similar to jemorga's. While driving from Leadville to Denver on Thanksgiving weekend, I was following an Ironman edition with "BAN IRS" plates. Stuck in I-70 holiday traffic eats away at my sanity already. Having "ISUZU" burned into my eyes for two hours didn't help. Something about how it looked just clicked with me.

A few months later the blizzard hit. Although the Subaru was a champ, I figured I could stand to have something with a little more clearance. I've got some land up in the mountains, but I can't get there. It is a little tough to go four wheeling in a sports car.

Finally, although I love my Subaru, it was getting a little annoying that everyone ELSE I know now has one, too!

So, I bought one. So far, it has been my albatross. Everything that commonly goes wrong with them has so far gone wrong with mine. I've replaced the CD changer, I'm looking for a new ABS unit, and I'm afraid to visit drive-up windows for fear that my window will STAY down this time.

And yet, I'm totally loving it so far. I can't wait to go playing in the mountains with it, and like someone else said, I enjoy the looks it gets. I don't think anyone knows what I make of it, though. I've gotten everything from "Aww. It's cute!" to "It looks like a shoe."

Looking for a yellow V low miles

Hello everyone! I've loved these machines since the beginning and its time to get one. I am looking for a yellow...and it has to be like brand new....

Hello everyone. On our second Vehi-Cross here. First one was a foxfire red Japanese spec with fabric seats. Current one is limited edition, number 171 of 175 if I'm not mistaken.

Hello everyone!

Okay, so it's 1998 and I'm looking for a new car and I come across this weird looking vehicle. I fall in love with it, but end the relationship when the sticker price turns out to be 32K. Instead I get a 98 Mustang and use that for 2 years. Well wouldn't you know it... my good old Isuzu dealership STILL has the VX I had eyed a couple of years ago. One thing led to another and what you know, I got my VX.

4 years ago though (2003), I had part with my VX because of a new financial burden. A HOUSE! In addition to that, I now have my 3 girls and my beautiful wife to tend to. To top things off, I had to move because of a new job. Thank God my brother won that stupid scratch off. If it weren't for him, I don't know what I would've done. He ends up buying my VX and that was that. Well, now it's 2007, and guess what? I get my VX back! It's got it's 86,000 miles and the way my brother drives? I know it's been through hell because I had to replace all the power steering lines, the steering gear, and have yet to replace an ABS module and clock spring.

Slowly but surely, l'll get it to where it needs to be. I'm just glad it's back with me!

Take care y'all.
    Vic

Hi my name is Jim and I am the proud owner of 1 & 2/3 vx's.

I am a small business owner on the coast of Oregon. I have a 1999 vx that is my weekend warrior and 2/3 of a vx that was my tow vehicle. I say 2/3 because it was in an accident in Arizona about a year ago and the insurance co. declaresd it a total loss. They monkeyed around for almost six months before deciding that repairs would exceed value of vehicle. The vehicle was hit in the rt side, spun around and pushed into a flat bed truck. I retained salvage if for no other reason to remind me of what once was. This vehicle was my baby. I have the notion of repairing it but haven't been able to locate parts. My weekend warrior was purchased about 3 years ago with 30k miles and now has almost 67k. It is dead stock except for a missing wheel cntr cap. I plan on keeping it the same. Well I guess I have ran on long enough.

Long time owner, first time post

I fell in love with the VX at a concept car show in Phoenix.. Once I saw them for sale, I figured it would be best to buy used after a year or two (poverty-stricken teacher, what can I say?!) I flew to Oregon to buy from a dealer and drove it back to Phoenix. Didn't see another one on the road for 1300 miles. Love being unique! Unfortunately, must sell ASAP as I prepare to start a business. High miles, but well kept. $8500. Check out cars.com and autotrader.com, VX in AZ!

Cool New Member

First things first, Great Site!! I've learned so much about my VX in the past few weeks, and I've only had it for four days now. I've been reading up on the dreaded window problem and was planning on tackling them this weekend. I was first set on purchasing a Wrangler, then a Black VX caught my eye. I never looked back!!
    Last edited by SteveZ163 : 03/23/2007 at 04:17 AM