Spazz,

I am very interested in the details you mentioned about locking out the hub for less wear and tear, but I don't understand it completely. Hate to be a NeewwwBEEE,. but any chance I can get more details? These are the questions I have so far:

it saves wear and tear on cv's when you do not need TOD... a TOD disconnect switch would be better to totally disable front power and it also saves on mileage...
How does it save wear and tear? How do I go with a locking hub and then does that dissable the TOD or just force it to be in 4 wheel.... also, how do you get a TOD Disconnect switch? Do you think its a pain in the arse to install?

I ask these questions because I like TOD for street, basic dirt roads and snow, but sometimes when I am wheeling I don' tlike that it doenst engage in 4 wheel untill there is slipage or loss of grip. Please let me know if I am wrong, but wouldnt it be less risky if it was always in 4 wheel. For example, I would hate to have my car slip of a boulder and do damage because 4 wheel didnt engage until it was at a bad angle, vs already having full control going into the boulder. Right now I spend a lot of time going into 4 low just to make sure i have full control.

What is a waste of gas? How much savings do you think it will offer or what better mileage do you project with not having TOD? I don't see how the two are related.

Gracias!