Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TOD Disconnect - Ignition Reset

TOD Disconnect - Ignition Reset

OK, so I've read that yo can avoid the turning of the ignition to switch TOD back on if you install a disconnect switch, plus it gets ride of the check light (less concern). I've seen an LED and or resistor mentioned. WHat exactly do I need, and where do I install it? In line with the switch, before or after it (TOD computer side or other side), what type of resitor or LED? Will the Isuzu Trooper TOD switch take care of this or do I still need a LED or resistor.
    Thanks!
    Mike Skurich
    1969 C3 Corvette Coupe
    1988 C4 Corvette Coupe
    1992 Misubishi 3000GT VR4
    1997 BMW F650ST
    2001 VehiCROSS
    2002 BMW R1100S
    2005 C6 Corvette Coupe

TOD wire to tap to?

so...anyone care to explain fully how to hook up a TOD off/on switch???

helping..

but no picture of which wire to cut???

There was one that Tone took I cannot find it... but it is the only light blue wire from the TOD unit under the passenger side seat.
    -Dave

TOD

does the TOD check light just come on and stay constant....or does it flash??????

I have mine on a switch with out a led resitor... so when I switch mine the tod check flashes on and off... need to get around to hooking up the led to stop that, kinda of annoying.

-D

So what is the easiest way to make the VX 2-wheel drive. I finally found a place that does Dyno testing and need to convert to 2 wheel. Is dropping the front drive shaft essential or just a TOD on/off switch? I want to make sure I get the correct #'s when I bring it in.
    Thanks in advance,
    Alan
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

TOD light

so it does flash...... so how to stop that??? what kind of switch???

Put an led or some sort of load on the blue wire you are interrupting - so that when the computer is switched out, it thinks it is still working - it is running the LED instead of the TOD system.

From Tone... I still need to do this.

See the BIG gay azz red switch on my dash next to the alarm led (I just got a replacement factory fog light switch that I am going to us instead and paint TOD on it), that is what I have the TOD disconnect hooked up to, the led inside is not working at the moment, hence the flashing check...

-Dave
    Last edited by Cyrk : 04/07/2004 at 11:51 AM

TOD light

I have a LED lighted switch...it has 3 prongs...Ground-Constant-Signal...when switch is to OFF everything is normal...when to on the LED light lights up and Check TOD lght flashes

hummm not sure? I have not gotten that far... but she is fun with only rear wheels spinning and with a blinking check light LOL...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok...now my check tranny light flshing and check engine light constant came on......and tranny is driving in safe mode....

why is it doing that...took it to Auto Zone and Shucks(Kragen) and codes thrown are P1860 P1860...double code....TCC solenoid...but, before it was throwing that code and no lights flashing..

Took battery terminal off for about a half hour..lights went off....but, still driving in safe tranny mode...Battery terminal is off to reset computer...I'll go check it out after a couple hours...

A response from Tone from an email I sent....
    This has been detailed on .info - to be able to switch it back enabled after off, when switched off it needs to take the circuit to a load such as an LED or big resistor. this is NOT sufficient to allow a run on a dyno though - you will shear the front driveshaft - it mustbe removed to dyno
    Just a FYI

ok..

put battery terminals back on...no check engine or tranny lights...tranny not driving in safe mode..

took it around the block...check engine & tranny lights back on and tranny back in safe mode

but, TOD off/on switch works...only what kind of switch can bypass the TOD light...I strarted on a 18 pack og bud...soooooo......just about any reasonabl idea I will try just about now....

i have my tod turned off with out a flashing light if you put your switch on the switched power feed to the tod unit it will not flash the light !!! it will turn on the abs light and the abs will not work even if you turn the tod back on unless you turn off the key to me that is a good thing as i thank the abs sucks in bad weahter , so now i can start the engine turn the tod off and back on and no more abs that wont stop. btw you can turn the tod on & off at highway speed with no problems , i have had my tod off for the biggest part of the last 3 months only turn it on if i need it work fine. the next time i have the seat out ( 2 weeks ) i will post witch wire i have the switch on