Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VehiCROSS arch-nemesis?

depends......

well, that depends on if you are talking about a REAL HUMMER or that Suburban shoe box grocery getter that is called an H2??????

I would take my VX up against an H2 suburban shoe box any day!!! My VX is more nimble and has WAY MORE CLearance than one of those things. I always wanted to find an owner of one and talk him into falling me over a boulder field or rock pile and watch em break.

I totally agree

Spazz I totally agree,

The ONLY way I'd even consider getting a Hummer is if it were an H1. It's too bad Hummers went the way of the common SUV. They used to be the rare, turn your head to see one, bad-*** rugged military-style urban assault vehicle. Now, they are freaken everywhere!! I am MUCH happier with my VX, than I would ever be with that sell-out flavor of the week.

Plain and simple, the VX can't be categorized. It has the curb weight and ruggedness of an off-road truck, the handling and speed of a racer, AND it happens to be one of the least common vehicles on the road. I would never get people coming up to me asking me, "Wow, your car is hot, what is that?", if it were an H2, Porsche Cayenne, or any other VX rip-off. And, it gives me a little personal satisfaction that the other guys had to spend $50,000 plus for those other ugly-*** cars. Sorry to be hating on other peoples' tastes in vehicles, but I had to throw in my $0.02 and represent.

Talking

I'd have to cast my vote for the BMW X5; It's not a jealousy thing as I really have no interest in ever owning one...they just seem to always pop up in my "Van Eyes" screen on the interstate and usually end up tailgating my VX and attempting a pass which usually precipitates an all out duel for supremacy...lol.
    Japanese engineering vs. German engineering!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

fuh2 is kinda creepy

The last couple of times I was behind an X5 I noticed that the rear wheels were kinda splayed, as if it were a bit bowlegged. At first I thought someone's X5 was effed up, but the other two I saw later that week were exactly the same. Anyone else notice X5's being bow-legged?

PS, I totally understand VXers who like the FX45, they both have the mean street profile. Just the VX can leave the street while the FX45 can't really.

My VX HATES Mercedes ML320's... theyre all over the place down here..they always try to run up , their drivers look, then they fade away into the crowd..or go speeding off with their drivers looking ticked off because the "crowd" is paying attention to the VX instead of them... my VX just snarls at them a bit and off they go , tailpipe between their tires... if my vx ever springs an oil leak, id bet money itll be pointed towards a ML320...
    Maverick
    99' Ebony VX sold...

Talking

Hey mrtew, theirs is probably smaller which is why they have the H2 to make up for it.

Jolly Roger, how do those bouts with the X5's go? The V6 version stacks up pretty evenly with the VX on paper, but they're actually a decent bit heavier than us. The V8 is another matter. Word is we may get a go at one at the next Florida rallycross. And a Touareg too.

If that guy that does the FUH2 website spent all that time and energy doing something meaningful, maybe he could afford one. Probably an envy thing with him.
    Last edited by Heraclid : 04/10/2004 at 07:35 AM

For my beast it's the XTerra. I don't have any hard feelings, but I just feel guilty when an XTerra driver looks at me. I just know he's jealous because I'm driving the vehicle his is advertised as being.

Definitely X-Terra, for the reason ctp mentioned AND because a lot of X-Terra drivers don't KNOW that they didn't get the car they thought they did, and think their ride is tough. I get the "I-can-take-you" eyeball from X-Terra drivers not infrequently.
    It's a dime-a-dozen, handles like a tub, and is so underpowered it couldn't get out of its own way if you gave it a head start.

rant over :-)

Ron

Talking

Half of them are 2 wheel drive with a 4 banger under the hood.

Jeep Wrangler. We're the cooler younger brother, but they got the live front axle. Maybe Cherokee Sports too.

Other than that, they are mostly the same in size, function, and comfort.

X-Terras, ML320s, Grand Cherokees...got nuthin' on us.

-Daver
    Last edited by Daver : 04/10/2004 at 05:02 PM
    -Daver

Ron, you are absolutely right... I get that evil eye from XTerra's too... in particular the yellow ones... feeling insecure? ROTFL
    I smoke'em... especially when they try to race me

BTW I had a H2 - yellow of course - beeping at me, sitting on my tail, and trying to run me over a few weeks ago. I think I made the guy really angry, but still don't know why. I didn't even look at him, and he decided to hurt me... not nice.

My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

I don't get the evil eye from XTerra owners. My VX sends them away whimpering in jealousy and shame. Thay don't make eye contact with me.

I think my wheels have a lot to do with it.

-Daver

Originally posted by Heraclid

Jolly Roger, how do those bouts with the X5's go? The V6 version stacks up pretty evenly with the VX on paper, but they're actually a decent bit heavier than us. The V8 is another matter. Word is we may get a go at one at the next Florida rallycross. And a Touareg too.
    As a representative of the normally-aspirated club....My VX seems to stack up quite nicely vs. them X5's on the interstate...neither seems to have the upper-hand as far as I can tell...however, my run-ins were down around Pittsburgh on Rte. 60 near the 22/30 Crafton/Weirton WV exits....kind of an area that you have to watch out for police as there is constant speed changes in and around the exit ramps...one minute 65mph...the next...55mph. Don't know what engines were in those X5's or their top speed...but we both hit 90mph with no clear advantage.

This thread is awesome! The one I really dislike are those Kia Sadona's, damn cheap immitaters!
    I have to say the H2. Anytime I pull up by one, one pulls up by me, or whatever, I just get this inner hate. I get the urge to go out of my way to shadow it with my VX.
    Haha your not alone! I feel the same way! I just look at them and shake my head thinking, if I had that much $ I would have 2 VX's! Then the light turns green, cruise slowly next to it 'till 25 mph then stomp it, get up to 55 and start cruisin again, that's my attempt to make them jellous anyway. LOL!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......