Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: VehiCROSS arch-nemesis?

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Honda Element

Scion xB

What the hey people! The Scion xB makes the Element look almost half decent and stylish.
    I want to know what the dynamic marketing groups were fed and paid to 'like' those abominations.

Plus the people I've seen driving both of them have either a blank stare; or a morphine, valium AND lithium induced stupified grin on their face when I drive by.

Side note - I say that since the element has a throwback 'stage coach' look to it (after you cut the cladding off) make the back and middle seats face each other... and put the driver up on the roof... THEN it would be a unique vehicle.

I like the X-Terra ............. neat vehicle ....... but the lack of power, leaf springs in the rear (I'm not a fan of leaf springs), and the price (high) are turn-offs .....
    I (also) like the Element ....... but not enough to purchase one ...
    I guess I like just about anything Honda puts on the road ......... they are not perfect - but their engineers are second to none .....

Passed one of those Cadillac SRX station wagon/SUV contraptions today. MAN what an ugly vehicle!! And I think this guy was proud of himself for his wise choice of vehicles!!!! Of course I did notice out of the corner of my eye (I certainly wasn't going to let him think I was looking at that albatross!) that he snapped his neck to see what that fine looking ride was that was passing him!

I don't know what is going on with Cadillac lately, I think they hired all the retired designers from the '80's Japanese cars - you know the ones where they added little bumps, lines and quirky details for no reason. Cadillacs are starting to look like that.

Caddie Sack

"Cadillac SRX station wagon/SUV contraptions today. MAN what an ugly vehicle!!"

I'm with you!
    Those things are PATHETIC.

On the other hand I would love to have that FLIR with the heads up display that Calillac has on mmmm...whatever model you can get it on.
    That's so cool!
    I also wouldnt mind a NorthStar V8 either.

I'm not positive ...... (not the first time) ......
    but I believe the person responsible for the Cadillac SUV design ...
    is the same person behind the design of the Vehicross:
    Simon Cox ............ (Sir Simon Cox) .........

I like the new Cadillac design theory... but not all of the production designs.

Originally posted by t2p
    but I believe the person responsible for the Cadillac SUV design ...
    is the same person behind the design of the Vehicross:
    Simon Cox ............ (Sir Simon Cox) .........
    If that's the case, he needs to get off those drugs!! How could a guy that designed such a smooth and flowing vehicle turn around and design that chopped up mess??

Fantasia "Dance of the Hours"

There I am, zipping through traffic in my super-sleek yellow-over-black highly-athletic VX when the light turns red and I must pull up even with my arch nemisis - the school bus. I hate sitting there next to that slow, fat, belching beast with vandalized upolstery that looks too much like me.

I feel like I am the ballerina, lithe and soaring, who must sit next to the hippo wearing the same color tights and tutu.
    I Loved My Space Buggy

[flame suit on]

Honestly, I'm a sports car guy, so I dislike most SUVs. But:

I hate the HUMMER H2 most of all vehicles I've encountered. It is a disgusting waste of mass. An obscene sheet-metal sculpture signifying the obesity and waste that is plaguing America like a disease. Worse than its size is its lack of purpose.

The HUMMER H1 is equally as big, but bullet-proof and a great all-terrain vehicle, and functions well for military purposes. I hate it as a grocery-getter, but I don't hate the vehicle in itself: only the people who put it to such misuse.
    Last edited by transio : 05/28/2004 at 03:10 PM
    Steve

Originally posted by t2p
    but I believe the person responsible for the Cadillac SUV design is the same person behind the design of the Vehicross: Simon Cox
    Well, you're mistaken about Simon being responsible for the design of the Cadillac SportWagon, but he did do several of the similar looking showcars (the Imaj and Cien) that influenced its look. He definitely has gone for the sharp edged look recently. I think the new Caddys look great, especially the SRX (and it drives even better), so it must be a true love-it-or-hate-it vehicle... much like ours! The H2 is like that also... I'd trade my VX for one of those, but I don't have the $$$!
    Canadian VXer!