Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VehiCROSS arch-nemesis?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

VehiCROSS arch-nemesis?

When cruising down the road, knowing you are prowling the pavement in your one of a kind VX, wearing a sh|t-eating grin, knowing you are bad ***. You stop at a red light and just relax, knowing everyone is staring away at your mechanical wonder. Suddenly, THAT vehicle pulls up next to you. That one that you just MUST hate. The ONE that your VX doesn't even like. You feel like Batman and this Joker just invaded your space. You know what I'm talking about. That OTHER vehicle that your VX would love to pee in the gas tank of. You don't know why, but you and your VX just want a tag team match with this OTHER vehicle and it's driver. For some reason, it just feels like this particular vehicle is invading your turf. You are night and it is day. It seems this vehicle is stealing your spotlight.

I have to say the H2. Anytime I pull up by one, one pulls up by me, or whatever, I just get this inner hate. I get the urge to go out of my way to shadow it with my VX.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

FX45... in black... cause I want one (not more than my VX) and it is faster (even with my SC) But I think I can hang with a FX35 need to hunt one down...
    -Dave
    Last edited by Cyrk : 04/09/2004 at 11:09 AM

I have to go with Cyrk on this one.... The FX 45 is so wicked! I raced one comin home from philly n lost real bad.... Although I absolutly HATE Hummer H2s! If you are gonna spend the money get an H1....... I wont have to pull you out when u get stuck 4 wheelin with me

H2's

you mean Suburbans with a shoe box for a top?????

Originally posted by Eckstream
    I have to go with Cyrk on this one.... The FX 45 is so wicked! I raced one comin home from philly n lost real bad.... Although I absolutly HATE Hummer H2s! If you are gonna spend the money get an H1....... I wont have to pull you out when u get stuck 4 wheelin with me
    I agree 100% Hummers are Hum-Vees and H2s are DUMB-VEEs.

Also a Hummer really needs that 4 wheel steering like a Yukon. Whachacallit Quadro-Steer? Now THAT would be cool. Then you could actually drive it somewhere else BESIDES off road.

Last edited by SpaceTruck'n : 04/09/2004 at 12:18 PM

my opinion of the H2 probably differs from everyone on this board. i dont know why everyone is hating on it because it is a pretty nice ride. at least to me. and people who get an h2 and those who can afford an h1 are in totally different economic brackets. for one, the h2 only costs around 60g's fully loaded...i think. and the h1 is about 130+ fully loaded. so there's a huge difference.
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

I kinda agree - it's alright I guess. Not my cup of tea, but it's funny that just the name can sell so many of them despite the watered down substance of it. Money over mind in action.

Lots of SUV's run around 60K loaded, and I just have a feeling they'd ask more than that for a fully-loaded H2 just to maintain the pretense that it is "special". Heck, these days Navigators probably go for 60K... NOT loaded.

Getting back to the original question WormGod asked, I don't have that vehicle that I just hate. Not jealous of anything and not the type that hates anyone for having something nicer, faster, or whatever. So it's not a vehicle thing with me, but I do get frustrated with a-holes and their assinine driving. I refrain from playing their stupid games mostly, but just every now and then, if it's safe to do it, I'm not above putting one in their place. :-)

It'd have to either be the Hyundai Santa Fe for how oftern people don't look close enough to see the difference, or the Murano for the whole background story on the VX4 design emigration. The other stuff isn't even worth the VX's attention.;pg;
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

My neighbors who just moved had a Murano, and we'd leave the same time for work all the time. I'm convinced that the girl who drove it was testing the waters a bit and always ended up backing down from an all-out challenge. The Murano is faster, but she was looking at and hearing the PV'ed VX and I think that was enough to shake her confidence to the point that she never gave it all the Murano had for fear of being embarrassed if I gave it all I had. My Avenger used to intimidate people the same way, and a lot of times they would've easily been faster, but it cast a similar psychological spell on them. :-)
    Last edited by Heraclid : 04/09/2004 at 03:40 PM

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

I dont think I have a car or truck that I just hate when I see it - it has always been the drivers that makes me want to slam on the accelerator.

IF I had to pick drivers, in general it would be the soccer-mom/dad vans that hog the fast lane, and the RAV and Honda CRV drivers that dream that their cars are faster than mine.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Ford Crown Victoria

Every time I cross the border into California. I seem to run into a Black& White Ford Crown Victoria slipping n behind me,all tricked out with colored lights N stuff.

It takes quite abit of effort to lose this sucker and a little bit more so to lose his buddy in the chopper.

Dragon Bob
    Last edited by Green Dragon : 04/09/2004 at 04:13 PM
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Thumbs up

Here in Florida they can even be black and tan Camaro SS's tricked out with low-profile blue lights and stuff. Extra hard to lose them suckers. That's how the FHP likes to greet damn Yankees. LOL! :-)

Just kidding all you Yanks... we're flattered that you all want to be here instead of there. . :-)

Originally posted by Heraclid
    Just kidding all you Yanks... we're flattered that you all want to be here instead of there. . :-)
    No we're not! Go home! And take baseball, early-bird specials and blue hair with you! ;pg;

Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer !

Now THAT would be cool.
    Even on an H2

The vehicle that is my VX's arch nemesis is the Jeep Grand Cherokee of course. The ultimate in off-road vehicle used as soccer mom mobile. Their drivers are almost universally distracted, oblivious and rude too. Hate em.

As for Hummer H2's I love those! That's the only truck I would consider trading in my VX for. I have no clue what attraction that deformed Infinity wagon holds for VX driver but the H2 is beautiful in my book. Are those claims of Hummers getting 'stuck' just childish taunts or are there really reports of their off-road prowess being questionable? Every time one pulls up next to me, my dick feels a little small all the sudden. Uh, I mean my truck.... my truck feels a little small! :-]
    Canadian VXer!