Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Friends of Walt Lesher

Post Friends of Walt Lesher

For those of you that were friends of Walts, he passed away of cancer on April 3. Walt was a Moderator for club.Vmag in the Amigo forum, and frequented outdoorwire, and vx.info as well. Walt was a member of the so cal dirt devils,and had held an office there for quite some time. He was one of the best guys you could ever hope to ride with, and for those of us that knew him, it is a great loss. This came as a suprise to me, I had wondered why he hadn't been answering any e-mails, they would just be returned as mailbox full. I am really at a loss for what to say,,, except...
    We miss you Walt! I know wherever you are your makin' em smile!
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Trails Bud
    ________________________________________________-
    FW:

Funeral Services will be held for Walt Lesher this Thursday, April 15, 2004 at Brea Baptist Church in Brea, Ca. 217 E. Birch Street (714) 255-9877. Viewing will be from 9 am to 12:30 pm and the service will be from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.
    The burial will begin PROMPTLY at 2:30 pm at Riverside National Cemetery at Staging Area # 3 in Riverside, Ca. 22495 Van Buren Boulevard (909) 653-8417.

In lieu of flowers, my mother has asked that donations be made to:
    American Red Cross Blood Services
    Southern California Region
    1130 South Vermont Avenue
    Los Angeles, Ca 90006-2713

Checks should be made payable to:
    American Red Cross Blood Services
    Please note in the MEMO area:
    Apheresis

My father completed over 100 platelet donations before he was diagnosed with
    cancer, as he went for Apheresis every two weeks for quite some time, so it was something very important to him.
    Laura Lesher
    Last edited by Swordy : 04/15/2004 at 11:59 PM

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Walt spent a lot of time with us VXer's when it came to our Los Angeles meets. Every meet we would schedule, he would always send me an email and ask if a "Non-VX" "Non-Elitist" Amigo owner could tag along. Always warm and very funny, Walt was our mascot on many runs. So skilled at 4-wheeling and always willing to help, he will be sorely missed by many friends here.
    Last edited by Moncha : 04/01/2005 at 08:23 AM
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Never had the pleasure of meeting Walt, but it sounds as though the offroading community will indeed miss him, as a skilled offroader and as a friend. My heart goes out to him and his family.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I am devastated!

Walt has been an inspiration and a great help in keeping this community together. His contributions and opinions were always a wonderful addition. I never got to meet Walt personally but, I consider him one of my brothers.

I will sorely miss Walt and I pray for his family and friends.

Walt, my friend, I hope you find your peace and I know you will always be with us in our endeavors. Good bye, buddy.
    Scott / moncha.com

Unhappy

Never had the pleasure of meeting Walt

BUT MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS

I only met him a couple/few times, but it was always educational and fun. He will be missed.

-Daver
    -Daver

Walt owned some rental property in the Portland area and occasionally joined our PNWIOR (Pacific NW Isuzu off-roaders) runs when he was in the area. What a tragic loss. Walt will be missed by all who knew him.
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner

Unhappy

I am sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting Walt as well. My prayers go out for him and his family.

Long Time Coming...

I know this is nearly a year later, but I just happened to be "Googling" my name tonight just to see what would come up, and Google listed this particluar forum... My name is Laura Lesher, and I'm Walt Lesher's daughter.

Thank you all so much... It's nice to know my dad had friends all over the place... He really was a good guy--sometimes a little rough around the edges, but he always meant well.

We miss him very much here at home... This coming Sunday, April 3rd, will be the one year anniversary (don't care much for the use of that word--not exactly something I'm excited to celebrate) of his passing.

His wasn't the most dignified of passing, but it was more or less pretty peaceful, and he was surrounded by his family as he took his last breath, so I don't believe there was much more he could've asked for--except for maybe a few more years of life, but we can't win 'em all, I guess...

I can see those nice pics you have of my dad, and was wondering if any of you could email any pictures of my dad that you might have gathering dust on your hard drives... that would really be fantastic.

My email: hotleopardmama@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!

Isuzu family...

Hi Laura,
    I'd like to say (as I've also lost my father) that though it is difficult to accept the loss, it is good to know that your father was an admired friend to many people. This Isuzu "family" is pretty cool, but it wouldn't be if it didn't have members like your father. Rough around the edges... maybe, but he must have been a good person to have so many friends. I'm glad you found this VehiCROSS site, and I am certain those that knew Walt well will chime in. I hope you get swamped with photos from the Zoids that wheeled with your dad! Best Wishes...
    ~ Gill
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

A real good guy, unlike some of us he won't need a strap or a locker to complete the trail to heaven.
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Hi Laura,, I have lots of good photos of your dad. We wheeled together alot. I'll put them on a disc and mail em to you.
    Andy
    Its the thrill of the chase

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Having never personally met Walt, or any of you for that matter, this may sound strange. But after reading this thread from top to bottom I can't help feeling a sence of loss & regret that I will never have the opprotunity to meet the man who was so highly thought of in this community. My condolences to his family & all those who will carry on in his absence & miss him greatly.

Ldub

Thanks Swordy...

That's awesome... my mom will appreciate the new pictures, too... Thank you so much!
    Last edited by hotleopardmama : 04/01/2005 at 03:04 PM

I just want to second what Ldub said (but he probably put it more eloquently than I could). I feel likewise and can't help but wish that I had met him.