Thread: Your thoughts on Pioneer AVIC-N1

Your thoughts on Pioneer AVIC-N1

Hey gang,

I am in the mrket to upgrade the stock radio. In the process I have narrowed it down to one hell of a head unit. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the Pioneer AVIC-N1 before I take the plunge?

Looks pretty bad ***** to me

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-w7wWnQe...=1&cc=01&avf=Y
    Live Free or DIE!

re

i like it

do you like it?

then go for it

ive had a couple of pioneer units and they were great but im an alpine fan my self

but yes looks good

The Kenwood has a better sound, and more intuitive GPS if you will be going for the full monte.

I bought the Clarion 935 touchscreen, and the promised GPS has yet to appear on the US market.

John C.

Pioneer

A friend of mine recently installed a new Pioneer system in his car only to find out that it wouldn't play his MP3 discs. Turns out the new Pioneers don't play back MP3-pro although the older models all do. I have Pioneers in two cars an they work great. He ended up taking it back where he bought it and they ended up replacing it for him. Don't know anything about that particular model, but you might want to check into the MP3 formats it can replay, if that is important to you.

Thats a cool unit. It replaced the models 6500/7500. instead of a tv tuner it has the GPS. However I hope you won't get it at that price. I've been qouted $1650 on it.
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Originally posted by Bantan
    I've been qouted $1650 on it.
    Where?

What I love the most about this unit is the fact that there is no need for me to install extra guages for the battery and things of that nature, it has a mode that monitors the following vehicle dynamics:

voltage, acceleration, side acceleration, angular velocity, slope, direction, clock, Acceleration to measure forward and backward G-Force, Lateral G-Force to measure maximum cornering force, Angular velocity to measure turn rate & Slope to measure incline.

Last edited by VehiX : 04/19/2004 at 12:41 PM

Thumbs up

That is BAD AZZ! I want one...
    Good luck!

-Dave

Originally posted by VehiX
    Where?
    A dealer on Canal Street in Manhattan. I get all my stereo eqipment from there. I'm also considering the pioneer in dash set up, but a bit hesitant since George's VX got broken into.

this is a good unit but i prefer the 7500 version, and then buying the navigation piece to add on to it. its a bigger screen and a better unit. thats what im using rite now.

I preferred the 7 1/16" screen of the Kenwood Excelon KVT-715DVD

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lFVsl56...=1&cc=01&avf=Y

And the Clarion VMA7194 7" monitors in the headrest of the driver & passenger seats.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lFVsl56...=1&cc=01&avf=Y

Entire system with Sirus Statelite antenna, FREE statelite tuner and 2 wireless headphones was less than $3,000
    Last edited by DaPenetrator : 04/19/2004 at 12:25 PM

With everything else that's included with this deck, I am not really concerned about the minor screen size difference.

All of the options in this thing are giving me chills

I was checking out our AV headunits at my work over the last few days... the Pioneer is pretty awsome... LOTS and LOTS of features... the Kenwood is no slouch either... heck, Kenwood even has a double-DIN monitor that is just SWEEEEEEET! I'm torn on what to do as I have already bought my computer stuff for my ride... but I get such awsome accomodations through work from manufactureres that I don't know WHAT to do. I want one of each! lol

Anyway, even though the Kenwood has built in 5.1 processing with internal amps for each channel, I'd have to vote for the Pioneer.

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!

I have been looking around and might be taking the plunge mabay as soon as tommorrow. I got a quote of 1450 installed for the pioneer N1, It seams to good to pass up. Oh yeh like banton said canal street rocks!

Ill keep everyone posted and for sure will take lots of picks.

adam

PS edit

I just was going over the details of the pioneer and realised that there is no tv tuner included, damn i wanted everything
    TV tuner,mp3/cd/dvd/navigation and hookup for rear camera. Plus i want to make sure when the rear view camera is on i can still listen to mp3's.

anyone know a unit that will do all this?
    Last edited by zadam123 : 05/22/2004 at 04:24 PM

I work a few blocks south of Canal. I assure you, NONE of them are qualified to install a unit this complicated. I've seen the results of their inept work.

Get the install in writing before it begins, including that they will replace anything that gets damaged.

Do NOT pay them at all till its done and done right.

You were warned.

John C.