Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Intake idea?

Test fitting

Mike, I want to be the guinea pig for your project test fitting. If not selected, what is included with the cone for the factory tubing? and how does it install?

Thank you,
    Julio

hmmm...definitely interested if it fits and hood clearance isn't a problem.

Sounds good Mike. Welcome to your neighboring ISUZU community.

Your project sounds interesting and I will be watching closely. Not necessarily looking into a new intake (currently have the HotShot intake) but I personally am attempting to design a ram air kit for the VX, pending arrival of the C/F induction inserts. Please, keep these boards posted with your updates and mods, as I am sure you could gain some profit from this community as well.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Unhappy

Hey Mike no offense about THE GHetto comment, bro. Having a degree in Aviation w/ minors in flight and airway science I tend to get wrapped around the axle about issues like turbulent airflow.

sorry

Question

a degree in Aviation w/ minors in flight and airway science
    ERAU?
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

ERAU????

I GOT IT "EMBRY RIDDLE" NO I WENT TO SIU. OUR FLIGHT TEAM ALWAYS KICKED EMBRY'S ***

Well thanks for the warm welcome guys, for now it looks like Joe Black has first dibs on the test intake. If he decides not to go with it i will go down the post list for people. Lets see if i can answer the rest of the ?s

1. Fitting my filters on the stock intake is really pretty easy, all you need to do is strech the rubber inlet ring on the filter to fit on the intake side of your MAF. Thats really about it, you will need to come up with some sort of mount support, which is included in my smaller intake kit, or you can try it.

Please let me know if anyone is intrested in any of my products, if i get enough intrest i may be willing to do a member discount when you order mufflers or intakes from me. Thanks again guys for the welcome, and i will be by regularly to chime in and keep everybody updated on my projects.;Dr;
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Joe Black, let me know how it goes!

Welcome to the site Mike...glad to have your first-hand expertise aboard!

Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
    I could imagine an intake for me as being coated either with ceramic or some other insulation and then powdercoated with aluminum (listed in specialty colors of Morgan-tec) and capped off with a stainless "red anodized" filter.
    I guess my concerns for insulating the intake from underhood heat is more for what I have in mind for future mods.

I was hoping to combine your product with either:

1) a method of ram-air, or cowl induction (as yet undecided) such as a future product from Joe Black or Wormgod, etc...

2) as you did with your Axiom...venting heat out of the Underhood area and (hopefully) sucking in cooler air via the intake which would be insulated to allow the air to remain cool by not transferring heat from nearby components such as radiater..hose...engine.

3) putting a heat shield of some sort between the air filter and the engine (see photo below) to entice a cooler zone and having that air stay cool as it makes its way to the engine:

Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 05/04/2004 at 07:24 PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Hi Mike,
    Write me up as another member interested in purchasing an intake once you have worked the "fit" out!
    Dave
    "MARS ATV"
    NASA's Martian Surface Exploration All Terrain Vehicle Prototype

Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
    Welcome to the site Mike...glad to have your first-hand expertise aboard!

I guess my concerns for insulating the intake from underhood heat is more for what I have in mind for future mods.

I was hoping to combine your product with either:

1) a method of ram-air, or cowl induction (as yet undecided) such as a future product from Joe Black or Wormgod, etc...

2) as you did with your Axiom...venting heat out of the Underhood area and (hopefully) sucking in cooler air via the intake which would be insulated to allow the air to remain cool by not transferring heat from nearby components such as radiater..hose...engine.

3) putting a heat shield of some sort between the air filter and the engine (see photo below) to entice a cooler zone and having that air stay cool as it makes its way to the engine:

I completly understand, i too looked into building an airbox type partition for the filter but decided against it just because i don't believe it would really make that much difference when the turbo is installed. And by the way my intake will be for sale as used when i get the turbo up and running. It really would not be that hard to make mine a true ram air setup, all i would need to do is build a catch box that sealed against the hood and then a different filter design into the intake. Oh well i think i will go for the real forces induction soon.;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;

Are the small filters on your website, the ones for 25 dollars, the ones that fit the VX and the factory hose?

Julio

Thumbs up

Thanks Mike! I'll be sure to post a full review with pics once it's up and running.

Originally posted by tomcat837
    Are the small filters on your website, the ones for 25 dollars, the ones that fit the VX and the factory hose?

Julio
    Yes they will fit on your MAF sensor thats where you slide it on