Just thought I'd intro myself, tell how I found my VX (maybe it found me) and ask a few questions. My Name is Don and I live in Apex NX, which is a 'burb of Raleigh. Will be moving to Atlanta end of month which is part of my VX story. I first saw a VX years ago at a dealer...fascination at first sight. It seemed so cool but impractical, yet something /everything was beautiful (except the price). Anyway, the move to Atlanta is a job promotion (medical imaging engineer - Philips) and for the first time in 15 years I needed to purchase a car..I have had a company van all that time (but the new position is 'inside'). I searched my needs, desires, and budget ...worked for 2 months on my wife and finally got her OK to buy a nissan 350Z. Weds I test drove one...it was pretty OK but I was having real problems with spending that kind of money on a car. And besides, I have her and a 10 yr. old son to consider and the 350Z is a 2 seater. On Thursday I took a service call for a vacationing engineer and passed through a small town in NC where I saw the VX for sale at the side of the road. My buried intrigue with the car surfaced right away. I couldn't raise the owners on the phone until late that evening. We agreed to meet the next day. Sleep was restless and dreams were of VXs. 9 AM I drove it. 9:15 my offer was accepted on 1999 ironman number 0358. By 5 PM it was in my driveway. It has 37k miles and the original owners took perfect care of it. It is like new in every detail. They made me promise to call them first if I ever sold it). Of course I could go on and on; but wont. What is weird is that this is the first car I have purchased for myself in 30 years. It may be the last car I every purchase (am 53 yrs and it looks like it could go many, many years). Here's how I describe the car to my friend and neighbors...every item is engineer to the n th degree. For example when I washed her Sat, I marveled at the fact that all logos and words (3.5L for example) were smoothed and I wasn't leaving wash mitt strings behind. Attention to detail. I drove by the jeep dealer on Sat (to talk to the salesman who is pestering my daughter to by a Liberty) and told him we bought the VX for her so he would quit calling us. Four salesmen were perplexed as to what they were looking at. I told them, "When a jeep dreams...this is what it sees." They wanted me to leave, this beautiful car was making their Jeeps look shoddy (of course they didn't come right out and say that, but I could tell. My question is this, "What do you like most about the VX? My answer would start with the looks and the fact that is fun to drive.
Don