Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MWIOR Badlands Run (Indiana)

Re: I am not reckless, I was just having fun...

Originally posted by yal^

I had a blast. Although I think I am getting a trail burn out after my last "adventures" LMAOGood times guys. Good times.
    See you next time.

Kasia
    Yup, we VXers like to play off road, but don't want any "trail trophies"! LOL

Oh, and here are the few pics I took... http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMmrJyxbOGbC0g
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

I am really bummed I could not make this run. Really nice pics!
    Kasia, I'm glad you got your baby out of a tight spot with out incident. Can't wait to see everyone again soon!
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Twice Rich, Twice.
    But the second time it was really my fault. More than everyone elses. I was dead tired, and wasn't paying attention. That second time it was only me, John and the hill...no one else to witness me screaming
    Last edited by yal^ : 06/27/2004 at 06:41 PM
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

TRAIL DAMAGE

TRAIL DAMAGE: Ok, so I didn't come away scott free, but it really isn't to bad. Lots of little pin stripes that should be taken care of with wax or glaze. A few scratches on the front plastic skid plate. A few dents in the front metal skid plate. And the only one that really matters, I got a DING in my BLING Took a gash out of the lip on the front passenger rim. I blamed Anicia since it was on her side, but to be honest, I think it was one of those under water rocks that got me.

I'm not disappointed at all in the trip, not even with the DING in my BLING. I loved every minute of the trip and am very glad I was a part of it.

Next time I gotta take my camera. I keep driving away from home without it. Gill your pics are really good. I like the one of us in the quary, makes me look taller then I am

Kasia, I was the guy going under your back end. John kept saying, hows the front tires looking. A few times I slid half under your back end trying to look and still hold on I half to admit, I thought for sure at one point when you first let off your brake you were gonna end-over, but we were able to hold it down.
    Last edited by omegavx : 06/27/2004 at 06:55 PM

Unhappy BLING DING!

Sorry to hear that your rim got wounded Jay, and I hope all the pin striping buffs out. My VX is still caked with mud (gotta take it to work tomorrow & show it off ), so I don't know how bad I got it this time around.

As far as my pics go, I am glad y'all like my shots (I try), and (allthough I'm no pro) I do think I have an eye for it. The fact John uses so many on the MWIOR site makes me quite happy! Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the Bling Jay...does give you a reason for new rims though...LOL.

Rich you missed quite a day but you know there will be another one to come out to.

Gill I have to use all your photos because I don't have a digital camera and you usually take a gob of pics...LOL.Nice pics this time as usual...what's up with Kasia's VX man....looks odd...LOL.

I'm glad everyone had a good time(even with the near death experience...LOL) and hopefully we can do this again real soon.

BTW...Gill,what's up with this...

Try to make it all good with the "#1 spotter" thing...LOL.Is a funny pic though....spotter looking for the truck he is supposed to be spottin...LOL.I did drink alot of beer the night before so that is possible.
    I got your Jeep thing....now it burns when I pee!

http://www.mwior.com/

Talking

I knew you'd like that one John!

I'll give you that one Gill...it is funny...LOL.

I changed the site and am still working on it but next to Jay's pic(which I changed to a new and improved) he has a new mod....Ding in the Bling....LOL.

Jay, sorry about your ding in a bling... I thought for sure you would have new shoes and rims for this run. Check the inside of your rims and see if they are peeling yet. Hopefully they are not, but just to warn you - those chrome wheels have tendencies to peel.

Yeah, Gill. Great pics. I assume John is looking for me on that picture LOL
    John, it's that big yellow thing that you almost lost on a very steep hill

Btw, I have uneasy feeling you gus don't really tell me everything about how serious was my hunging with the nose down. .
    Jay crawled under my truck??? Thanks a lot man, but please don't do it again. It's very scary when I think I could've slead down on you!!!
    And John, I know you wouldn't let go of my tire... makes me feel even more guilty, knowing you guys care so much, after I put you through all this scare.

Edit: Jonh, you're just itching to tell, aren't you?

hehe, my feet slid under the rear bumper. Un-intentional, but with all the loose rocks it happend. Bent over to look under, next thing I know my feet are under and I'm sitting on my *** trying to back peddle to prevent myself from sliding even more.

Yeah, I already had all 4 wheels replaced under warranty due to peeling. I Planned on getting new wheels for the run, but I just ran out of time. I dont seem to have much time for working on my truck as I'd like, but hopfully I'll have them in the next month or so. To be honest, I dont really mind the damage, before the first bandlands meet I thought I'd regret going after getting any damage and to be truthful it doesn't bother me at all. I guess its different when you are doing some extreme stuff with your truck and get damage, rather then just street damage cause some moron causes damage to your baby.

EXACTLY!

Originally posted by omegavx
    I guess its different when you are doing some extreme stuff with your truck and get damage, rather then just street damage cause some moron causes damage to your baby.
    That's the BIG difference. Looking at a little pin-striping or even scuffs on the cladding/skidplates is not so bad when you know what YOU did with your VX to get those "trail trophies".

Will any of the pics be posted in the gallery ? (I was unable to view the pics with the posts)

Maybe his server went down for some time?
    Try reloading the page. It seems they show up fine now. I even cleared cookies and off line content to make sure those pics are viewable.

I know that im just a Jeep owner but we all saw you guys out at the badlands and we thought to invite you all to one of our trail runs in august heres the details:

What: The Mad russian electric chain link fence run.
    When: august 20th thru the 22nd
    Where: Attica In (badlands offroad park) Camping at summers campground
    Why: Its a run concockted by Myself I go by Jaychains ON the midwestjeepthing.com forums and a couple friends (Yuri {the mad russian} and HighVoltage) decided to have a run that is open to everyone.

I hope you all can make it.
    Thank you
    Jason

Does anyone else see the possibilities????

Thx for invitation. I'll pencil you in my calendar and hopefully I can make it there for some (competitive?) fun