Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: MWIOR Badlands Run (Indiana)

Unhappy engine problem...

Before you all get lifted...
    I am having engine noise at 40mph with 2000rpms.
    It kicks in only around this speed. It's really loud, and causes vibration in the floor. It happens after it shifts to the third gear. It doesn't matter if I accelerate or let go of gas it always happens at the same momentum.
    I just took a mechanic from Honda dealership for a ride and he said it is definitely engine noise, not my tires like everyone else was trying to convince me. He suspects either drive shaft rubbing somewhere. Could be I have broken motor mount, but I think I would get constant vibrations, not just in that one moment 2000rpm.

To think about I was complaining about this noise before, but it wasn't so severe. No, that I am lifted it's more noticeable, and it's driving me crazy. I have an appointment with Isuzu service Friday, very early in the morning, so I'll keep you posted.

Btw, Gill, who spilled the beans?

Edit: I would've hated to take the spacers out but something tells me I might be a bit too high for the VXs drivetrain...
    Last edited by yal^ : 07/13/2004 at 07:20 PM
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

update

Still nuting. Whole story here...
    Dunno what to do. Any ideas?

Re: update

Originally posted by yal^
    Still nuting. Whole story here...
    Dunno what to do. Any ideas?
    Did you ever put the skid plates on?
    I am asking because I used to get a really bad vibration and noise after offroading and one was rubbing on the output shaft of the TOD. It was the one that I said hangs really low and was essentially useless and a waste of money. It would always get caught up while offroad and get bent up enough to rub.Might be somethhing to check into if you installed all the skid plates.
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Nope, not my skid plates. Thx for thinking though...
    I went ahead with your advice and got only transfer case skid plate. It's still sitting in my trunk though, since someone didn't know what to do with it LOL
    Just kidding. Good thing it wasn't on. At least dealer had easy access to the transfer case. It's mechanically sound.
    Now I am leaning towards the idea it's something engine-tranny related. It's just the pattern the noise comes on... always related to speed and rpms... still working on it...

it could be the same problem some of the heeps get. driveline vibes. dont know how to fix though and it shouldnt make a difference unless u got a big lift. hmmm this will keep my thinkin.

been awhile since my last post. been waiting to get some control arm drop brackets or a long arm kit and still have no luck. so my jeep just sits.

ok Im back and glad to see the interest and we will be more than happy to have you all there. heres some more details:
    we are camping At summers campground some of us will be arriving thurs. night and getting everything setup (fire, Banner, Tents)
    we will be running trails at the badlands Friday and saturday during the day and partying at the campground at night. It will be a lot of fun and a great way to meet some of you and get to know a little about the vehicles you guys wheel.

hope to see some of you there
    Jason Davis

P.S. If you are camping with us you need to use My Name (Jason Davis) as the reservation is in my name.

Thx Jason.

Hey guys we need to go.
    Well, I made plans for it and really REALLY want to go. Check your schedules, see what you can do. I really want to go and need someone to go with me... please...

Ok, enough whining LOL
    I've made up my mind. If anyone wants to join the Jeep crowd and me for that weekend don't be shy. I think we need more people to represent Isuzu there. Please let me know.
    From what I was reading on their web site they are anticipating pretty big party on a campground. Think about it LOL

How about getting this together again??????

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385
    How about getting this together again??????
    Ya mean everyone pile into the time machine & go back to 2004 ?

75% of them still have a VX or lurk on mwior or here anyways.........combine that with the new members and it should be a good meet.