Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MWIOR Badlands Run (Indiana)

Originally posted by FIEND
    The "Kasia signature model" will have to come with a really big gas pedal and no brakes...LMAO!!!
    Now now, once was good. Twice was funny, but do we have to keep bringing noobee's sins over and over again? LOL

If someone would have told me I would be riding with you after that first trip I would have called them a liar!! All gas and no brakes but you came around!
    Oh yes, you would've called them a liar and still gotten in my truck anyway. Why? Cuz you just love the thrill... And besides you just can't help yourself, you love riding with chick!!! [read: me ]

I would be honored to have my name on your seat kiddo...LOL.Maybe it would look better stitched in rather than spray painted though.
    Now you'd be honored??? Let me think about it... I thought we are talking 'Kasia Signature Model", not 'John' LOL
    So how are you with needle-pointing??? LMAO!!!
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

Question Hey Kasia...

how does the 6:00 AM Hinsdale Oasis meet sound? You want to convoy down there again?
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Sounds great but let me get back to you on this.
    I see some clouds over the horizon...

Chaange of plans Jay....Jay....hey Jay!!!

Anyway....change of plans,I have a ride there I need a ride home.Is this possible or do I need to wear my sneakers...lol
    I got your Jeep thing....now it burns when I pee!

http://www.mwior.com/

hehe, thats fine I can give you a ride home no problem.

Thank You Jay!!!!

You are Da Man.....ok that was just wrong and I promise those words will NEVER come out of my mouth again!!!

Maybe I'll buy you lunch for the ride...LOL.

Unhappy Gill...

Gill, it won't work out for me this time. In the next 72 hours I'll be on a road more than I would like to, and can't make any decisions about meeting you Saturday.
    I almost missed this run, but that's a different tale.
    I am very sorry about morning, but it sure as hell going to be nice to convoy back home togheter

hey guys

Just and FYI. I should have my VX back by friday with a brand new engine compliments of Isuzu! It's be a rough ride so far. (Thanks Kasia for all the help!) I threw my back out also. I'm hoping all will be well for my triathlon this weekend. I need to get the "cool" wheels back on to make a good impression on all the noobee tri-geeks out there.
    I hope you guys have a rockin' time in the badlands!
    Hotwheels™ toy come to life.
    www.doubleadesign.com

Looking forward to tomorrow. I'll cya all there.

Doubleadesign, good luck with your triathlon tomorrow.

A little late, but I hope you all have a great time! Stay safe.
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

C'mon people! Pic,pics,pics!
    Make it home home safe, I need some 4-lo p0rn!

Wink Too funny!

That's too funny Rich! However, you'll have to wait for the pics... I'm going to crash, but I swear I'll post them first thing tomorrow. It was a great day for wheeling, but only 3 VXes showed up... odd. I wonder were everbody was? Not one Trooper, Rodeo (I know John... I'm not talkin' about you), or Amigo to be found. Omega (and sis Anicia riding shotgun), Yal (and The Hippie riding shotgun), and I (with The Hippie's sorta-kinda nephew? Nick riding shotgun). Great weather, and good friends!
    Fiend did his usual great job as spotter, but (because Rich wasn't there to prevent acts of insanity) Kasia had an incident where she almost somersaulted her pretty Proton down a hill. I have never seen a VehiCROSS that close to doing an endo!
    The only way I can describe it is... imagine the revese of Dragon Bob's Hell's Gate wheelie (only teetering for much longer). Cudos to the MWIOR Isuzu rescue team for (once again) averting disaster by keeping the back end of her VX from getting past the point of no return. That is... 'til she rolled far enough forward to get the front end out from under the back end! Yes, Nick got a pic while all this was going on. I do think John was NOT going to get off that tire even if it meant riding it down the hill.

Had a great time, some great wheeling. Trails seemed to be alittle worse then last time, or we just took alittle harder areas, but as long as I hear a thud and not a crunch I dont mind

John, thanks for spotting as usual.

Kasia, you definatly added to the fun and "adventure" of the day, I loved it

Gill, as I was driving home from dropping John and Nick off, I couldn't help but remember our little slide down that hill and I was laughing almost the whole way home That was funny as hell, me trying to save you as you were trying to save me. Guess that's what happens when you try and help an atv out.

Hope everyone got some needed sleep last night.

When are we going again???
    Last edited by omegavx : 06/27/2004 at 08:35 AM

I had a great time as usual.Even though the Rodeo wasn't out there I had a blast.I had to call and wake nick up this morning to get this but here it is...

This pic is really not doing it justice but for those that weren't there picture a VERY steep hill that is really tall and a VX that is actually teetering.She wasn't even sitting in the seat.Kasia stood up on the brake pedal so it wouldn't do a flip.The VX prolly had a good 2 feet of teeter to it at least when I got off the tire it came back up that much.Kasia did great getting it down from there.Anyone want to know who told her to go down this particular spot......oooops.

Just for a TEASER pic here is one of the others Nick sent me...

Thanx again Jay for making sure I got home...LOL.This was an awesome trip out.The day was great and the mosquitos were thick...LOL.Hopefully we can get one together for September or so.I'll put a new thread up to get some ideas.

Thanx again Kasia for letting me tag along in the passenger seat and for picking me up.Without you I would be forced to ride with someone else...LOL.
    You always make my trips out interesting to say the least...LOL.

I do wish we had a pic of the spot where Kasia about laid the VX on it's side too but this one up there will have to do.

I can't say enough how much fun I had and to top it off I got to watch Gill and Jay slide down the hill yelling I got you to each other...LMAO!!!!

See ya on the next one.
    Last edited by FIEND : 06/27/2004 at 09:55 AM

Talking I am not reckless, I was just having fun...

I do not exactly know where to start

I had a blast. Although I think I am getting a trail burn out after my last "adventures" LMAO

That pic, posted by John really doesn't give the whole incident a justice. I was standing on a brake, 'cuz the angle I was in didn't allow me to be in a different position. The funny thing was, I also hanged on my roof rack, holding onto a basket, thinking maybe this way I could bring my VX to more horizontal position
    I wasn't scared until I heard John saying: "If she goes down I am going with her." That did it for me. I realized he is hanging on my tire and if he lets go, I am going to slide down on my spare tire. Thx John for not letting go!!!

And thank you Jay for helping too. I cannot even imagine what would've happen. It was kind of rewarding though to get this thing down the hill in one piece and see those ATV guys congratulating me on good driving They told me they saw John pointing me to that hill, and couldn't believe I was actually turning there to go down. I just wish there was more pictures of this happening

John: thx for spotting for us. I KNOW you were pushing me into harder spots than before LOL
    It's ok. I had lots of fun, even though my spotter made a point of trying wreck my VX - just kidding John

And last but not least thank you Gill for talking to me on our way back home. I think I wouldn't have made it if it weren’t for you keeping me up. I see you forgotten already about my red light incident LOL

Oh yeah... I almost forgot. To end our trip with a funny accent, we had an angry yota 4-wheeler butting into our conversation on CB while on a highway. He caught up with us somewhere at junction of I80 and I94. Must've really like our rides, ‘cuz he couldn't brag enough about his Toyota and what it can do. LMAO

Good times guys. Good times.
    See you next time.

Kasia