Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MD/VA/DC Meet reminder

MD/VA/DC Meet reminder

Dave & Buster's in Bethesda on May 8, 2004, 2pm and on....

Dave & Buster's
    White Flint Mall
    11301 Rockville Pike
    Bethesda, MD 20814

The weather looks to be mid 80's, partly cloudy, so the VXes should be clean and spotless.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I'm definitely in. GOing up for Mother's Day. ANyone interested in going to a DC United Soccer game after? starts at 7:30 at RFK stadium!!!
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

Thumbs up Chrome is Polished

Interior swept, exterior to be waxed, and tires lotioned up as soon as the rain stops
    NAVIGATOR

Originally posted by NC_VX
    I'm definitely in. GOing up for Mother's Day. ANyone interested in going to a DC United Soccer game after? starts at 7:30 at RFK stadium!!!
    Damn man, I might be down for that! The subway station is right down the street from D&B's and there is a stop just outside of RFK Stadium. Let's talk about it when we meet up down there.

Wormgod! Its a great environment and nothing like seeing a 14 year old play with the pro's! yes we can talk about it at the meet. Heck, we can just cruise over if there is enough interest. Nothing like coming in on a bunch of Vehicrosses!!!! I don't know if I can swing it, but maybe I can even get us VIP Parking. I'll check into that later on this week! I hate to push my hook-ups though, and that may do it!!!

So, Navigator, I am spending Sat morning cleaning out the grill and cleaning as much as I can. I say that cause I get a lot of bugs coming up 85!!! I've got one more wax job due from the guy's who painted my car, but I'll wait til after the meet! Finally looking forward to meeting some felllow VXr's!!!

It just dawned on me, but with Freddy playing now, RFK sells out fast. I was told yesterday that because of this, tickets are always sold in advance now. Me, not really a fan of Freddy's (he hasnt proved himself to me yet!), but a HUGE fan of the team, am not willing to fight 1000's of morons just trying to get a glimpse of a single guy, especially if I have to stand out in the parking lot with no ticket cause they sold out, heh.

So.... keep your eyes open for tickets. I will try to get some in advance here, but I don't know how that will turn up.

Well, looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse. It calls for isolated thunderstorms all weekend now. This kinda kills my will to see the DC United game too.

We have some options however....

Do it anyways and just meet on a lower level of the parking garage and hope that mall security doesnt tell us to get lost. (they most likely will)

Just park our VXes and chill inside D&B's. Kinda defeats the purpoase of having a meet for VXes at that point.

Reschedule.

Any comments?

Well, I am there either way, so whatever everyone else wants. So far there are only a few replying to this post anyway... What's the deal?

Talking Rain won't get in the way of Die Hard's

... I'll be there regardless. Cecadas don't fly around in the rain... as much , so rain actually has it's good points in this case . rain is possible anytime in this region, don't let the drought of a few years ago fool ya. Only thing constant about our weather is CHANGE...LOL so by all means do not let weather get in the way of the plans, just bring a rag to wipe off your Vx if the sun comes back out. Lord knows if we wait for the weather and everybody's schedule to synchronize their will be no meet See you all there rain or shine
    Last edited by Navigator : 05/05/2004 at 09:56 AM

I will be there

Look forward to meeting you all.

Here's my mobile if needed: 410-458-0761

Jay

I too am in regardless. Already planned for it, no matter how stripped down my VX is at the moment.

Know that Dave and Busters is around the backside of the mall on the upper level, so go to the upper level of the parking garage and look for other VXes. I will TRY to get there early so that everyone has a VX to look for. Ya, I said TRY.

Rain or shine, I'm there!

Gonna try to have her all spiffy clean, but if the weather gets in the way, she'll just have to show dirty.

Ron

Chances for thunderstorms are decreasing by the minute. Keep your fingers crossed!

Last Minute Details

I will be up early tomorrow spiffing up the ride. My wife does a really good job at detailing the cars so she is going to be the big reason I even have a clean VX tomorrow. I am excited because after having my PV muffler for a year I got it installed today and I finally got black on black.... that is, tinted the windows a bit to match up with the look! I'm excited to get with other VX'rs to talk about our rides and what we want to do with them...

See Ya'All tomorrow

Yep, I still have some work to do. Havent clean my VX at all in a couple of weeks. Interior and exterior is dirtier than hell. A-pillars are gone, need to put the Hotshot intake back in, etc.

I will need this evening and tomorrow morning to get it into shape. Just not enough time in a day.