View Poll Results: How loyal are you to your VX

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0% - I would sell it if I had too.

13 12.87%
  • 50% - I would sell it because of a job or kids.

12 11.88%
  • 100% - NEVER NEVER get rid of my VX.

76 75.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Loyal are you to your VX???

Lightbulb

So, at one point I was on the lower half of that pole. I started off loving every minute of it. I bought a S2000, and my Ducati and decided I wanted a Jeep instead. I hadn't listed the VX ever, but I started making (yes, I had to force her, she hated it from day 1, but it eventually grew on her and she was mad when I took it back) my wife drive it around since I traveled for work a lot. I dind't much care for the goofiness of the vehicle, like not having a trunk popper, hard to access rear seats, horrible rear view, sucky mileage.... I was looking at unloading it and realized I would have to take a sizeable loss to do that. I was STUCK with this freakin car..... BOOOM, one day I found this website. I only looked through it for about 30 minutes, mostly to see what "bad" stuff I could find about the car to add to my frustration with the huge loss I would take. A few weeks went by of me looking around and then I just got hooked. I found Tone, bought a lot of his stuff, had all these people explain how to fix, upgrade, clean, etc... Next thing you know, I was never happier about a car in my whole life. Yeah, I'm 24 but I've owned 25 vehicles, including 6 motorcycles. Now I can finally stop searching. yes, I like to look and I still desire to have other vehicles, but this is is, the VX is what tamed me, and not trying to be sappy, I really owe it all to you guys. I hated loosing money on cars, but I felt I had this disease where I lost interest, like a severe form of ADHD for adults.... But this was my medicine. It is so exciting to look forward to modding my VX and meeting all the other owners.... IN a nutshell, I WILL NEVER EVER SELL MY VX.. In fact, got a little one on the way (Oct due date). By then I hope to have a DVD screen in the front and a drop down screen in the back.... Barney, here we come!!!!!!
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

Bantan and NC-VX have great stories... But Bantan why so much on the insurance? WOW! My insuranceis only 130 a months with ZERO deductables.... WOW! You must be somewhere wack! and expensive. Sorry your bills are so much man!

I love my VX. I just don't worship it.

http://www.fototime.com/42BABCCC141FDE8/standard.jpg
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Nope Green Dragon...you do worship it....just in the proper way!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

As most that have visited my site I was not impressed with the VX at all! Laura thought it was the perfect icon to go with my personality. After I got a little more "accquainted" with my first VX, I really started to like it. When the 2000+ mode years came out and I saw the Proton Yellow, which happens to be my favorite color, I fell in love!
    I know there will be other vehicles, I'm kind of partial to my Police interceptor right now but, I'll NEVER get rid of my little Moncha!!
    Scott / moncha.com

I used to think I'd never sell my truck, but lately I've been thinking about selling it more and more.

Seems like I only drive my car now. Faster, more comfortable...

Tough call.

-Daver

-Daver

Life is too short. Live and experience.. Experiencing new events your knowledge grows and then you will not be tied down to just one frame of thinking.

Peace,

Originally posted by Daver
    -Daver

It's giving me a wicked smile... I love it!

When I bought my first VX 2 weeks ago, it was the first car I had bought in 30 years. . More accuratly, it was the first real car in 30 years...there were 2 clunkers and my 56 Willys CJ3B; but first car payment in 30 years. Now I think...this could well be the last car I ever own. I am 53 years old , my VX only has 37K miles and I look forward to the challenge of making it last forever. Maybe in 30 years I can say, "I've only bought 1 car in the last 60 years."

Talking

I've had 10 vehicles during my life, and some I honestly believed would be around forever...however...none before the VX had lasted more than 5 yrs. Usually after 3 yrs I get bored and look for something else. My 2000 VX was purchased "new" in '01 so I've owned it 3 years now. My game-plan is to pay if off in 2yrs and add another vehicle to the stable...possibly a new Mustang or maybe just a Monte Carlo SS for a work car.

1)1969 Plymouth Roadrunner (5yrs.)
    2)1982 Pontiac Trans Am (5yrs.) owned @ same time

3)1979 Ford Bronco 4X4 (5yrs.)
    4)1989 Dodge Daytona (3yrs.) work car

5)1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T (2yrs.)

6)1996 Dodge Ram 4X2 pickup Starcraft Conversion (3yrs.)
    7)1978 Chevy Monza Spyder 350V8 (3yrs.) work car

8)1995 Jeep Grand Cherrokee Limited (3yrs.)

9)2000 Isuzu "IronMan" VX (3yrs.) pleasure car
    10) 1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula (4yrs.) work car

The only SUV I've seen out now that has sparked my interest is the Infinity FX45. They are rare in my neck of the woods as the closest Infinity dealer is in Pittsburgh. I don't know if I'm ready for 4-doors w/o low range. Price tag is hefty too....$44k-$50k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

I can afford pretty much anything I want. I've had All the Porsche's I can stand. The thing I love about my vx is that no one else has one. I'd pull into somewhere with my 911 and it was just another car. In every aspect of my life I like to be unique. I think we're all like that!
    TW
    Last edited by TDUB : 06/06/2004 at 11:12 PM
    the only thing in the way of your goals are your excuses

Originally posted by TDUB
    I can afford pretty much anything I want. I've had All the Porsche's I can stand. The thing I love about my vx is that no one else has one. I'd pull into somewhere with my 911 and it was just another car. In every aspect of my life I like to be unique. I think we're all like that!
    TW
    Man, I wish I had this problem! I can afford anything I want, as long as I can afford it!

By the way, you don't see as many Porsches here in Portland as you do in, say, Dallas (where I'm from). Funny the way things change in different environments. In Dallas, no one wanted to drive anything older than 2-3 years old. In Portland, it seems many people LOOK for older cars and bikes. Most common car in Portland... Subaru. Of course, there was a Lambo Murcielago parked outside a pub down the street from me everyday after work for months... sticks out here like a sore thumb (as does the VX!).

Originally posted by Dallas4u
    Most common car in Portland... Subaru.
    HAHA Welcome to the West coast! LOL Alaska is overun with old rusted out Subaru's but they still run and get around in winter! And you can find them for $500 and they will last a year no prob.! Those old subarus are tanks!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I'm keeping it till the doors fall off. I'm getting the supercharger installed next week to satisfy my craving for more power.

Loyal

I could never imagine not having my VX. I have only had her for 5 weeks, but the honeymoon continues. I sit in my garage in the evenings, drink in hand, staring at this vehicle thinking that there is no way a car could be more elegant, sleek, performing and dependable. What a combo.

It was my late brother who dreamed of owning one several years ago. On those two occassions that we saw one, I turned my head so hard I dam' near twisted my neck. I was driving a 91 Trooper back then and loved it. Never thought I would have this machine; paid for no less.

I must admit that my attitude has changed ever since getting her. I mean, for the better. It's amazing what a vehicle can do.
    From Unimog to VX - a serious change in velocity - a small sacrifice in voracity.