View Poll Results: How loyal are you to your VX

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0% - I would sell it if I had too.

13 12.87%
  • 50% - I would sell it because of a job or kids.

12 11.88%
  • 100% - NEVER NEVER get rid of my VX.

76 75.25%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Loyal are you to your VX???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question How Loyal are you to your VX???

I just turned down a relocation to Puerto Rico working with Toyota Financial because IBM ( the vendor) or Toyota would not pay for any relocating cost moving from Phoenix, Arizona. And I dont want to sell my VX. It would cost about 7k to get it there after import taxes. So the question is how loyal are you to your VX??? You know my VOTE! NEVER NEVER!
    Last edited by VCAMILO : 05/05/2004 at 06:25 PM

I'm not thinking so... I've had a lot of cars, even cars that I said I'd never get rid of... but I REALLY like my VX... and after all I've already been throught with it, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it! I'll mark my calender with this day and word that I'd never get rid of it! Later!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!

My nakme should indicate my vote

Boy, tough call. But unfortuantely your talking to sombody who wants to go and live in the Islands. I love my VX , but I know I can always buy another...and if I really wanted to, I would store the car at a family members. So, I say GO FOR IT!!!!

It's funny that you bring this up, cause I was just talking with some friends about winning the lottery. They were all talking about getting this car or that car, and I said I thought I would probably get the car of my dreams too.... but I would keep my VX. With the money, I could modify my VX into the image I always wanted it to, and it would probably surpass my dream car that sat in the garage next to it.

Yep, this VX aint goin nowhere if I can control it.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Well, talking about loyalty....
    I am takikng my baby to Europe in spite of the following facts.
    It will cost me $1,500 shipping and $9,000 (Yes, nine thousand!!)
    registration fee, not mentioning the gas price that is $4.1 per gallon. (And no Isuzu service in the 600 miles area)
    Is it love, loyalty or madness?
    Name it what you want but there is only one real SUV and that is our baby the VX!

Robert

;Dr; ;Dr; ROBERT.. Thats what Im talking about! Im sure some of our girlfriends or wives must think we are crazy!

Wanna Talk loyalty

Car note: $600 per month
    Insurance: $400 per month
    Gas: $160 per month
    Parking: $140 per month

Thats $1300 total VX Expense per month not including routine oil changes, scheduled maintenance, & pampering at the Car Spa.

Got layed off from an 8yr old job, 2 months after getting my VX. Payed for my VX with credit cards while unemployed, and now after 3 years with 2 years worth of car loan payments left on my Vx and still in the hole from the last lay off I got layed off again yesterday from my present 2 year old job. If that aint Loyalty I don't know what is. Everyone I know thinks I'm an *** for keeping the VX.

Feeling I get from driving my VX................PRICELESS.
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Just trying to picture, 30 years from now, driving down the road in my VX, with "Historic" tags on it. Heads are turning as a new generation of kids are like "Whoa, daddy, there's an old one! What is that!" And daddy will look at the VX, and then back at his kid and say, "I dunno."

WG:
    That is - or almost is - true now.
    This is one of the few 'current' vehicles .... unique vehicles .......... and maybe the only affordable one - that you can take to car show and not be out of place.
    That (fact) alone speaks volumes ......
    The VX already has a 'cult' following ................
    t2p

Haha Worm, when I talk to my freinds about winning the lottery I always say that I would have a VX built for the strip. one for the drags, one for offroad, one for rock crawling, and a daily driver! LOL Oh yeah almost forgot, I would have to have a show car. And if I had that much money I might just get my Shelby Cobra too.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

VICTOR! Islands, water included? Hee Hee

You can store it at my place until you get back!!!!

Uuuuhhh, if I won the lottery, the VX would still be in the stable, but I'll be damned if it would be alone!!!

The VX would get the O2 treatment for sure!

By the way, there really are too many choices that haven't been listed in the poll... and the first two that are there (0% and 50%)are pretty much the same. I would do what it took to keep the VX, but I'm not sacrificing my way of life to keep it!

I have had numerous cars that I said I wouldn't sell and they all have gotten sold. I sit here thinking about that. Then I think about how I used to get a feeling of being normal driving my old cars. Everyday when i get up I look forward to driving the VX. I have yet to not want to drive it. Hell yesterday I found out I would be spending $500 on a new window and window rubber and instalation was i mad? yes because my wife go to drive the vx all day just to find that out not because I had to get it fixed. Me and my wife both fight over whos driving when we go anywhere. Hell I have talked my dad into trying to buy one. He is looking around and trying to pick one up. If it was up to us there would be at least 2 in my garage and one in my dads. People stair at me in disbelief when i ride bye. I live in the south and we have our fair share of jacked up trucks and the look on those guys faces when i go buy is priceless. The fact that wether young or old people allways want to talk to me about it whether it is while i am getting gas or putting groceries in the back. Every single person I know talks about it all the time. The guys at the tattoo shop ask me how my VX is when i talk to them not how i am doing they are worried about the car. Sorry for it being so long but I do not think my VX is going anywhere.

Talking

Heck, if I won the lottery, I'd be out there in a New York minute modding the hell out of it! The LAST thing I'd do is replace it. As it is, I plan to keep it indefinitely. If I don't have the money to overhaul it one day, it will sit somewhere safe until I do. If it dies, it will be eventually resurrected. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I agree with AlaskaVX - I'd probably get my hands on 4 or 5 of them and have them all individually tricked out for different purposes. And if I really hit the jackpot big (I know, it would help if I ever actually played), I'd trick out some of your VXs too. :-)

Loyal enough that i bought a 2nd one after i tried to drive my '99 underwater like that stupid jeep commercial and hydro-locked the motor and totaled it. at least a new 2001 ended up only costing me 2 grand plus the insurance money. not a bad deal for a brand new Vehicross.
    When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.........HST