Thread: Is it a car or a truck?

Is it a car or a truck?

If there were no category of SUV, would it be a car or a truck? Having only owned one 2 weeks now, I pondered that question and had decided it is more truck than car (but the way it handles is sweet)...watched the Isuzu video about the designing and manufacturing last night...they called it a truck...but my original definitions of car and truck have been challenged. I mean, a truck usually hauls stuff and an auto, people...so, is it a car or a truck?

Don

DMV has it listed as a truck here in IN, but I always considered it to be a truck anyway. The lady spent 5 minutes trying to find it in the vehicle book, I asked her what she was looking for and she told me, so, I told her to look under trucks and there it was.

Ya, it gets a different POV from varies others. State Farm Insurance said it is listed as a "high performance SUV". Hmmm, lovely.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Truck or car? If they have to ask they just wouldn't understand! Tell them its a "RIG"!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I was at the car wash a while back and the guy comes up to my VX and says "What'll it be"? I said, just a basic wash, and he said it would be $3.99. Then he looked at my truck and said, "Is this an SUV?". Thinking fast I said, "No, it's a car", knowing that it would be a dollar more for an SUV. He says, "OK, then yeah, $3.99." I couldn't believe it. What the heck did he think it was, if not an SUV??? A hot hatch? A tall wagon? An electric hydrocar? I was laughing about that conversation for the rest of the day!

Of course it's a truck!
    Canadian VXer!

I have truck plates in S Texas.

Originally posted by WormGod
    Ya, it gets a different POV from varies others. State Farm Insurance said it is listed as a "high performance SUV". Hmmm, lovely.
    just means higher insurance rates....
    ________
    Novana Residence Condos Pattaya
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 03:13 PM

Smile

Originally posted by MZ-N10
    just means higher insurance rates....
    I don't know...I just switched from Nationwide Mutual Insurance to State Farm as it wound up being $350 cheaper per year for my VX and Fiero.

I ran my vehicles through an internet rate checker and actually found the cheapest rate through Travelers Insurance...but State Farm has an agent just up the road from me and that is also where my home is insured.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

The great thing about State Farm is, they give nice discounts for alot of things, years insured, years with no accidents, multi-car discounts, having your home issured with them too, etc... I pay $55/month for my high performance SUV.

I'm paying $3200 / year right now for my S2000 (w/ State Farm). I hope to god the rate goes down for the VX

I've been with them about 10 years and I have my house insured with them, but I live in a terrible location with lots of old people who wreck their super-expensive cars and I totaled a $45k BMW a few years ago, so I'm not exactly sittin' pretty. BUT... I have no tickets or accidents for about 3 years. My rates should drop significantly in the near future
    Steve

Originally posted by transio
    've been with them about 10 years and I have my house insured with them

Your rates will never go down by staying with one company. You have to switch companies every two or three years to get the best rates. There is no such thing as loyalty rewards in the insurance business.... just screwed suckers. They are counting on your ignorance, laziness, and dread of shopping around to keep you where you are so they can slowly raise your rates a little every year (or a lot if you get a ticket/crash). I got a much better rate by switching from AAA to AllState the same month my friend lowered his even more by switching from AllState to AAA. It really doesn't hardly matter who you switch to for better rates, only that you switch! It's sickening.

That is partially true. There are companies out there that really take care of us. I have been with USAA for over five years, and every year I get about three different quotes to compare. So far no one has been able to even come close to the coverage/price I carry.