Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Painted Cladding?

Thats bright! I think it might look better without the yellow skid plate. Do your thing! I kinda like Cyrks first photo. I thing you should maybe go more of a tang.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Color

I can't say much here since Steve bought my VX so it's not actually mine anymore BUT...I would reconsider the orange and yellow...IMHO it wouldn't look that great. But hey it's yours now right? Do your thing! Enjoy it!
    Cori

After seeing the black painted cladding, i've reconsidered. I think proton yellow with shiny black cladding would look super-sexy. I think that's how I'll go!!!
    Steve

Here's another attempt to get the orange looking right:

I really don't like it. Like Crk said, it looks like a clown car. It does look a lot like my homepage colors, though! (http://www.stevenmoseley.com)

I think use of the VX is a key in making the decision. As you can see, Anita posted a pic of my painted VX. The shop I used added rubber to the paint on the cladding. The colors match up, but I am offered a bit more protection from the trail marks one usually gets. I expected it to be more of a rubbery look and am a bit dissappointed about how "GOOD" my VX looks now, but I am an outdoor enthusiast so if it gets scratches, so be it!!!

My only experience thusfar is a large Ford F350 where the guy swung his door open (I was right in front of my car) and it made a loud bang sound on my car. Fortunatly, no damage to my car and it was only weeks after the new paint!

Mod out your VX and be unique! Best of Luck!!!
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

IMHO

Here a silver one...

nice Rocket Man,

you could vomet on your Proton and you probably would think it would look good with Vomet coated Cladding. Serious, Go back to the Valley and eat some more Granola ...YUPPY!!!

I've been thinking about painted cladding too. My cladding looks like poo in some places with all the scratches, but I'm concerned about the durability of painting over a moderately soft substrate like plastic. I'll be interested in knowing how your paint holds up, Spazz. I think it looks cool, by the way.

I wouldn't go light in color, like the orange above, because any scratch would show the black.

NC VX - could you tell a little about the rubber that was added to your paint?

I've been considering Armorthane Lots of colors to choose from.

Yes please,NC Alittle more info. We use all PPG products, and their programs at the shop. In the past we've used H.O.K. and Sherwin Williams. Never heard of a rubber additive. We've talked about painting it and I really think I'd do it , if I could get something to stick for everyday use. I'm sick of the extra maintainence every time the car is washed, and I like it. P.S. we generally try to talk customers out of painting that kind of plastic, there've been a problem or two in the past. Lots of Bulldog ??? Little brother in Fla....... paint it any color you like. It's your ride- it's only gotta please one person I'm thinkin Purple

Right On Brother!!!

Paint It all Purple!!!!;Dp;

I think the painted cladding looks great.
    Lots of different variations.
    Any ideas for the dragon green VX?

id love to see a dragon green/white or dragon green/silver color combo... but itd be a pain to keep looking nice

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Green also goes well with gold...that kind of "champagne" color that some Troopers came in.