Hey Tomcat, thanks for the interest. I'd like to think there are more than just the two of us interested in these, but the lack of posts says otherwise. Perhaps it's my lack of posts and my "NooBee" status that is discouraging people. Is this it guys? I mean, this post has received 52 hits, but only one response. I'm just interested in a head count. This doesn't commit you to buying!!! I just need to see that the interest is still there. Okay, let me tell you guys a little about me. Although I've only been a registered member a short time, I've owned my VX a little over 3 years, and frequently viewed this site for over 4 years. This web site is what turned me on to the VX in the first place. I found it by accident, fell in love, and had to have one. Despite the fact that I've rarely posted up until recently, I've used this site as my primary resource for troubleshooting, modification and fabrication ideas and instructions, to keep up on new available products (what little there are), maintenance advice, and just about everything the rest of you use it for. And now I have a great idea and I feel it's time I give a little back. I'm an artist, of a sort, and a grocery store employee. I wish I could make a living doing only art, but believe me-- its highly competitive, and the term "starving artist" was not coined for nothing. So the grocery business pays the bills. I am always advancing my knowledge and degrees in the arts though, as I am in school, as well. I work primarily with various plastics and resins, as well as plexi glass, and have done so for years. I prefer to work with plastics, because I find them infinitely versatile, and nearly limitless in variety, consistency, and color. Most of my work is sculpture based, and much of it consists of custom lamps. I've created all kinds of lamps, ranging from the conservatively traditional stained glass look (made with transparent tinted plexi), to audaciously large twisting and bubbling molded chandeliers. I've sold many, and a handful to a hollywood celebrities, including Sarah Jessica Parker and her husband Mathew Broderic, Alec Baldwin, and director Ridley Scott. So if its my ability to work with the material that you guys fear, fear no more. If there's anything else anyone wants to know, just ask. Despite the apparent lack of interest, I've begun prototyping the covers. Even if I don't have enough people to produce them in reasonable quantities via machined molds (since that is where most of the cost comes in), I'll still make at least five sets by hand. Chroming it where the remainder of the cost comes from. If the numbers are too low, and I can't make enough covers to break even, I'll offer them unchromed or primered. That way, those of you really interested can get them chromed yourselves by a metal shop, or they can be painted instead. If I can get ten or more people interested in buying, I think I can sell them between $150 and $175 per pair, and that is WITH chrome. However, that figure is not yet set in stone. I WILL MAKE NO PROFIT HERE! I'm only looking to break even for my costs and labor. Check in regularly for updates. Thanks again for your interest and support, everyone!