Originally posted by Dallas4u
I think I see what you are saying with access to the shifters. I wasn't really thinking of such a sweeping angle on the console as to cut off shifting range over stock, but now that I can "see" your concept, I think I like the look a LOT! In fact, couldn't you just keep the stock shifter, lengthen the throw for the sifter in the custom console, and wire the gear display into the console? If the console was a bit taller than stock it might make the stock shifter look like a "short" shifter... maybe a bit more sporty.

The Axiom shifter is actually shorter than the VX shifter. I installed an Axiom shifter on my VX, and had to cut about 1" out of the the actuator to make it fit. Also, the shift knob itself is not as tall. There is a picture in my gallery after I cut out 1/2" and you can see that it was too tall (the shift handle didn't meet with the console - I had to take it apart and do more cutting to make it flush). So the Axiom has a taller console and a shorter shifter - not a taller console AND shifter. You compensate for the taller console by making the shifter shorter rather than longer/taller.