View Poll Results: What MUFFLER do yo use?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stock

9 19.57%
  • PV

30 65.22%
  • Aero Turbine

2 4.35%
  • Other

5 10.87%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who uses: PV, AT, Cat back

Wink

Well, here's my 2 cents!
    I've had the PV1 catback with the "wheezonator" tip. Way too loud, bad inside drone & sounded like a ricer (untill the "wheezonator " kicked in and made it sound like something was about to blow up or out). Interestingly, nocturnalVX's & Anita's PV1 catback does not sound like what I had.
    Put back the stock muffler on till I tried the Aeroturbine. Much better sound, lower with no interior drone. Seemed to feel close to the same power increase on the high end. Still a bit louder than what I care for.
    Back to the stock muffler.
    VX's don't need no stinking mod's.
    But they're sure fun!

Originally posted by Reg Hinnant
    Interestingly, nocturnalVX's & Anita's PV1 catback does not sound like what I had.
    That's one of the cool things about going to meets. You get to check out all these other VXes and find no 2 are the same!

Save your stock parts no matter what system you decide on, and you can re-install it if you don't like the new sound. Me... I loved the power & sound on mine, so that heavy a** stocker is long gone!
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

PV1 catback

I have original PV1 catback also, very happy with it as long as you lop off the tip... The sound is great now with the addition of the Supercharger.

-Dave

I don't remember the PV1 coming with a tip at all... mine didn't at least. I thought it was the PV2 that came with the "wheezinator"?

Anyway, I love the PV1. Had it for a while and it is one of the best mods I have made.

Only the catback came with a tip... your PV1 & 2 mufflers were just mufflers...

Hi amigos, I will like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. Live in the north of Puerto Rico. and I am the proud owner of an ebony blk and red interior, SC, 2001 VX. This is my baby and took it new out of the dealer. I am using Flowmaster muffler with two out. People says that it sounds like a mustang. Any way it is very quiet on idle, on the other side it sounds agresive with the gas pedal down.

Frankie

Originally posted by Inaba
    I have a PV 2 Cat-back...

I must say I'm less than pleased with the sound. The PV2's sound horrible IMHO.

...It sounds like a souped up Honda with a coffee can exhaust tip. It's great for people that like the ricer sound, but I do not like it...
    I have the PV2 and it does sound low and throaty. The coffee can rice sound was from the megaphone effect from the 3" stock tip. It sounds MUCH better after replacing that tip.
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Hey Frankie100, what town in PR are you in? I am from Carolina, but haven't been back in the Island in twelve years. Good to know we have VXers in PR...

Julio

very happy with the AT. nice low rumble till you put your right foot in it, then it howls.cool.

Question tip question

I believe i have the PV2 w/ catback. It's Ok sounding. Nocturnal and Mr. I-Man can attest. Money permitting I'm looking for the V8 truck sound my neighbor has with his magnaflow. Can i get closer with a differnt tip? is this something that needs to be welded on? Or do i need to go dual catback? I think Mr. I-man suggested this to me before.
    Hotwheels™ toy come to life.
    www.doubleadesign.com

I had the pv2. Just replaced it with the magnaflow .Similar but no drone sound.Kinda miss that hipnotic resonance . Anybody want to get rid of their pv1 ?

Hey guys, how much can I expect to pay for one of those fancy exhaust jobs, and which one should I get?

Thank you.

CHA-CHING

i paid around $400 and maybe $50 for installation.

Re: tip question

Originally posted by doubleadesign
    I'm looking for the V8 truck sound my neighbor has with his magnaflow. Can i get closer with a differnt tip? is this something that needs to be welded on? Or do i need to go dual catback?
    Unfortunately, the only way to achieve the V-8 sound is with a V-8. Splitting the exhaust will only sound ricier than a 4 cylinder, sorta like 2 3-cylinders.

FF