Thread: Who's Interested?

Who's Interested?

As many of you know, the VX has window problems. One of the problems is that when the window binds it has a tendancy to break the plastic clips (inside the door), that attaches the window to the metal arm that raises and lowers the window....which then tends to bind the window even more.

I have call several Isuzu parts dealers including St. Charles and unfortunately, the part by itself you can not buy. You have to buy the entire window at a pretty expensive cost.

Later today, I'm running down to a fabricator to see if the can make a custom part that would replace the stock clip. I need to know if others would be interested in buying this part as well. Maybe we can get a discount on multiple orders or maybe invent a new part for sale to others.

Leave feedback please.

Kahuna, I am sure everyone here would be interested in a part, if it were proven (that's just how folks here are these days). I would be interested if it were a long term fix, but I dunno about a part that we can replace everytime this problem happens. If these guys have some sort of new part/design that can make these things problem-proof, share it to the world.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I think this is the problem in my passenger side door. The front guide causes more downward resistance on the front of the glass so the rear angles up and the clip snaps.

Sounds like a very positive thing.

Jonathan

Window Problems

I had the same window problem. I found that the plastic clips have oval holes. By loosing the screws you can slide the plastic clips towards the front of the window. This move the glass back towards the back channel, keeping the window in the track. I did this fix 4 weeks ago and the window work perfectly. Very smooth. No binding. No coming out of the window track.

Howard

I would be very interested in a long term fix. Please let us know what you find out at the shop!

Thanks