Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: San Diego Meet & VXC update...

well as much as I was looking forward to this, it looks like i'm not gonna make it. Looks like I'm taking a surprise trip to Phoenix tomorrow to pick up a wrecked truck for a friend. In the end it will be a good thing though, this friend happens to own a machine shop and is going to help me out with some new products for you guys. Hope you all have fun, be sure to take lots of pics.

Dallas
    WWW.STINKYFAB.COM

SD UPDATE

Hi All,

Sorry I have not gotten back to everybody. I've been teaching 2 soccer camps this entire week from 8am to 8pm. By the time I get home I'm exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, the directions are posted above. I will try to get out a mapquest soon.

You will need to bring your own food selection with you. I will be providing drinks (sodas-water) for all. Beer you will need to bring yourself. Bumble V-X will be bringing paper plate, forks and stuff along with (I think), some rolls and Patato Salad. If somebody wants to bring a watermelon or two, maybe some freash fruit or another type of salad, that would be great. Somebody may want to bring some cookies or something for a quick desert. I'm still trying to lacate a BBQ. Do any of you have one that you can bring to the meet? Oh...anybody have a basketball?

If so, please post right here on this page what you can bring with you.

EXAMPLE:

KAHUNA- Drinks, sodas, Ice, Pugg goals for a soccer game (if anybody wants to). Cups

Saturday Meet

I'll bring the easy dessert. Cookies, brownies, maybe a pie or so, plus a case of Mexican beer (most likely Pacifico).

Any idea yet if there will be a BBQ at the meet? I'd like to bring a slab of meat to consume!
    Last edited by sveltax : 06/25/2004 at 12:20 PM

BBQ

Hi ALL,

I just bought a BBQ for our meet. It's not hugh but it will do just fine.

So........bring your favorite meet or chicken or...veggie whatever and enjoy.

Enroute...

hey all...

Just updating that we're in a motel somewhere in Coalinga (?) about 2/3 of the way down to SD. Should arrive at our destination (Cindy's sister house) some time tonight with all the baby stops we will be making along the way.

Anyway, we can bring get some watermelon and other fruits for the BBQ if no one else is getting those.

Looking forward to seeing new as well as veteran owners tomorrow!

Hope to see you Anita, Lisa K, and the rest of the So. Cal crew!
    For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

If anybody needs to call me my hm ph is 858.587.9147

We have a BBQ so bring your meets!!!!

I'm bringing....

I've got the plates, forks, knives, napkins, rolls, and potato salad covered.

Had a long hard look at our "OLD" portable BBQ. Rust ate it up... sorry.

We plan on leaving this area around 6:30 - 7:00am. (Bringing a few teenagers so most likely closer to the 7:00am).

Anita..... call me on my cell if you can make it. I MISS YOU!

Deby
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

I'm not going to be able to make it. I'll be doing Marine Corps things. I'm not too happy.

Tomorrow's The BIg Day!!!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    DIRECTIONS TO MEET: For all those going, I will be sending out these directions plus any new information via email. I still don't have everybody's email address so I want to post it here just in case. Should you need to, here is my home phone (858) 587-9147

WHERE: MIssion Bay Park
    Time: 10am till ??
    Date: June 26 - Saturday

5 fwy SOUTH, exit at CLAREMONT DR / EAST MISSION BAY stay in LEFT lane), at STOP SING make a LEFT, almost immediately make a RIGHT into DE ANZA COVE (mission bay dr.), at the first DRIVEWAY make a LEFT into the parking area. Vier to the left and look for the VX's.

We are just north/east of the Basketball courts / playground. Look for a grouping a small 10ft Palm trees.

For those who want to enjoy the bay via watersports. CP Watersports on the Mission Bay is located just south of where we will be at. If you would like to get prices on Sailboats,Ski Boats, Wave Runners, Hobie Cat, Kayaks, sailboards, bicycles or rollerblade rentals here is thier phone number 619.275.8945

Pics!!!

Where's the PICS!!

Got pix. But just got home from the 12 hr. drive late last night with alot of baby stops along the way. Haven't got a chance to download them on my laptop yet. But, plan to later tonight.

Anyway, the meet was cool! The turn out to be about 8-9 VXs on the grounds, not to mention a a drive-by by a another Astral that saw us but kept on going? Though the group was small, it allowed us to get to know each other and their rides a bit more closer. Definitely enjoyed the conversations and stories with all and just hanging out!

It was a pleasure to meet new and old faces again. Andy and Debbie (Swordy/BumbleV-X), it was great seeing you two again. I had a lot of fun catching up and seeing some of your new mods and talking shop!

Gene (Rickshaw), good to see you too again and your Dragon VX looks emmaculate with only 7k miles on it! Hope you'll enjoy your plate!

Jeff (Sveltax), great meeting you and thanks for showing me the ins and outs of your awesome Axiom. Also, thanks again for letting us try out your engine cover with the VX. I think it looks alot better than our stock covers.

Kilna, good meeting you too and I hope you got enough pics to convince your other half to justify you getting more mods for your VX!

Brent (Tiggergreen), good to see you again! Hope that you start on your new job soon! Godd luck with that! Was great to see the only blue VX in person too.

And Bobbie (Kahuna), thanks for getting all this together and organizing the meet from the get go. Definitely a pleasure to meet you as well. Hope you enjoy your plate too.

I hope I didn't leave anyone else out. Thanks to all who made it as it made the trip down south well worth it! Pics are soon to follow.

Ok, here's some candid pics taken during the meet. Mostly of the fellow owners of whom I'm still thankful to meet. Other shots were of Sabrina, our daughter having a good time.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...apass=&thumb=1

Thumbs up

Ron your daughter is too cute!

Looks like you installed a black skid plate and black fangs, and some pill insets, looks nice, cannot wait to see and buy some of your new mods.

-Dave

Thanks Kahuna, you did a great job organizing this event.
    Here is some more Pics.

A group shot at Mission Bay

Some good looking protons

Swordy/BumbleV-X

Swordy/BumbleV-X

Ron's VX

Sveltax/Ron & daughter

Kahuna's Ironman sporting new tires

Kahuna & Andy install another skidplate

_______
    rickshaw