Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sealed reardoor subwoofer

please count me in, i want one

Originally posted by dohvb1
    I was wondering if the extra weight in the door is causing any unneeded stress on the hinges. Any bad vibrations? Would a rear popper still open the door? With the spare in there what's the maxium depth you have?
    I've had mine for nearly 2 years with no problems. His looks smaller & possibly even lighter than mine, and my hinges have suffered no ill effects. No bad vibes at all from mine, only tight bass. My sub was too big to mount flush so it sits out a couple of inches or so in the front. There is about 4 1/2 inches behind WITH the spare. Mine has about 1/8 inch gap between the rear of the sub and the mounting bolt of the spare. You'd get about another inch without the spare. Hard to find a sub narrow enough to mount flush. There is no way I'd drive without a spare My sub sticks out too far to use the OEM cover, so used NAWGAHIDE to give everything a more finished look.
    Last edited by Navigator : 05/28/2004 at 07:50 AM
    NAVIGATOR

Originally posted by Moncha
    Just so I'm straight here, You put a 5ch Alpine between your stock system and your stock speakers and also your sub?
    That's right, so everything is amplified not just the subwoofer. Of course you could use separate amps, or just one for the sw and leave the rest alone. But a little more power makes the stock speakers sound MUCH better -- well worth it.

so utah are you going to hooj us up ?

Originally posted by BRIANJONESY
    DOES ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT GETTING NEW/NEWER BODY PANELS, I MESSED UP THE DRIVER SIED REAR BODY CLADING
    Brian, try posting the request in this SECTION. That way it won't change the topic and you'll get better results..

Good luck!
    Scott / moncha.com

Originally posted by dohvb1
    I was wondering if the extra weight in the door is causing any unneeded stress on the hinges. Any bad vibrations? Would a rear popper still open the door? With the spare in there what's the maxium depth you have?

Sorry for all the questions but I am interested in a setup like that but like someone else said, it is kinda permanent.
    I already had Tone's rear popper; and it still works great. (I have it wired up to the remote like Raque Thomas.) There is no vibration, just great sound. The only draw back I can see, is that if you ever need to use the spare you have to remove the mounting bracket -- not hard but it might take an extra minute or so.

So UtzahVxer are going to hook us up ?

Price

If enough want one I think I can get the price down to $400 including shipping. That is a very good deal which includes the subwoofer, custom sealed fiberglass enclosure, and custom mounting bracket. All you have to do is cut the hole and connect to the amp of your choice, and you are ready to ROCK!
    Check with your local audio shops on price, if anyone can get them cheaper let me know. I paid $1,000 for mine (which included the amp and wiring harness). It took them all day just to make the custom fiberglass enclosure. If anyone is interested send me an email at: ArlinS@sisna.com
    Last edited by UtahVXer : 06/01/2004 at 12:53 PM

What Sub is included? I saw that it's a JL but what model? Just wondering cause the smallest depth JL sub I found was 5.375 inches. Can you order the enclosure and bracket without the sub? I'd get shot if I put anything other than Fosgates in there.

Go to http://share.shutterfly.com/action/s...NHFw&sm=0&sl=0

Make your own and save some $$$

Make your own?

I'd love to, but thats easier said than done...

Some of us might not have access to a shop and/or some of the tools necessary. Any ideas?

Post Have boxes made....

....then mount em yourself, may be a bit more "cost efficient" ...x

;Dr;

Re: Have boxes made....

Originally posted by -x-
    ....then mount em yourself, may be a bit more "cost efficient" ...x
    Is that a joke? That setup and custom cover doesn't look very cheap. The other one is kinda nice because you still have your tire if you ever REALLY need it.
    Canadian VXer!

X, that looks really nice, did you do it your self? I am still in the process of doing my boxes for my Axiom, saved at least $1500 doing the glass myself, its not that hard and the materials are cheap.
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

X, that looks really nice, did you do it your self? I am still in the process of doing my boxes for my Axiom, saved at least $1500 doing the glass myself, its not that hard and the materials are cheap. Here is a link to a thread about my boxes with a bunch of construction pics, check it out if your curious: http://www.fordexplorer.net/viewtopi...351&highlight=