Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: sealed reardoor subwoofer

X: A creative solution. Does the rear door resonate too much? I filled mine with structural foam.

I won't say that anyones sub is wrong without listening to it first.

My experience is that setup in a properly designed box a single 10" is enough.

For the space available I think you will find a single 10" will sound better in the larger box rather than squeezing in 2 drivers.

It depends on what you expect it to sound like too. I want deep fast bass, and will not tolerate 'boom' Not to say my system can't play loud, but its SQ not SPL.

I chose to give up the space behind the rear seat for my sub box, and retain the spare tire. I'm contemplating removing the rear seat and making a MDF storage/sub/amp rack.

John C.

Talking wow....

....thats beeeeautiful, i want to do something like that in tha future for my amp(s) but been workin a lot, my buddy made those boxes for me and we got them mounted in the back easily...x

...and it is startin to have a "LIL BIT" of resonace but no rattle...yet. A year or so ago when it was put in the was none so i guess its time wearin away at the screws...x

Originally posted by dohvb1
    What Sub is included? I saw that it's a JL but what model? Just wondering cause the smallest depth JL sub I found was 5.375 inches. Can you order the enclosure and bracket without the sub? I'd get shot if I put anything other than Fosgates in there.
    I have a 10" JLAudio. 8" or 12" would also fit. JLAudio is ideal for a compact sealed application. Another brand could be used, but be sure to check the minimum air volume required for a sealed box. If anybody is interested in one of these email me at arlins@sisna.com.

Is this still a possibility? I'd be interested . . .

Here's my rear door setup. Did everything myself with basic tools and a lot of trial and error, but it came out pretty nice. I still want to design a cover to go over the entire door, even though it doesn't look too bad as is. And BTW, they sound awesome. I agree with Hotsauce, that you can really do a lot with a single sub (I'd prefer a 12") in a larger box, however, with a few tricks and attention to detail, you can get excellent SQ and SPL. These two babies ROCK.

Oh, and BTW, I'd never ride without a spare either. Here's my solution - put a full size spare on the roof: