Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A real hero

Oh;eekr; Sh@T Big Typo I forgot the R in OOh Rah! I been catching hell all weekend from my friends who are still in. Good eye SPAZZ, and Semper FI Devil Dog.

Hey people I wasn't trying to make this a political debate, I was just honoring an individual self less effort to protect his men and to do his job to the fullest. Whether he believed in the cause or not is not the issue. The point is that this guy unfaltering courage in the line of fire should be honored and reconized. Thats it. End of topic.

Originally posted by transio
    Hitler was not a product of a universal government. Let's take example of successful world government into account: The Roman Empire.
    There has been no such thing as a universal world government before. The roman empire was no such thing -- if you think so you are too western centric.

The point about Hitler is that he was elected and proceeded to persecute members of the electorate. With a single world government, we would be just as vulnerable to a single bad meme, embodied in an individual or a group, it doesn't matter. All it takes is the right conditions and people will be glad to murder each other in the name of authority. With distinct nations, it is possible for one or two to "go bad" while the rest maintain their sanity.

As for hedge funds getting out of control, that is something made far, far easier by a linked global economy. Again, you were the one who mentioned the Euro as being a good thing, that is an example of why not. If you wish to admit that a single tightly linked global economy is not such a good thing, then go ahead.