Thread: PSC (Points System Conference)

PSC (Points System Conference)

Well, I got a letter from the MVA yesterday stating that I have to take mandatory traffic school or suffer license suspension. In the state of Maryland, when you reach 5, 6, or 7 points on your license, you are issued a letter stating that you are basically a danger to society while driving and MUST attend this course. It's a 2 hour lecture on driving safety and then you must pass a multiple choice exam. Below an 80%, you fail and must take it again. I found a site that allows me to skip the lecture by reviewing multiple pages of driving laws and regulations, and then you take a quiz at the end of each section. 7 sections later, I feel I did rather well, and applied to take the exam ASAP. Hopefully, I can get in tomorrow morning to take this thing and wipe my hands clean of this. It doesn't drop any points from my license, but at least I can hopefully avoid the suspension.

In all, I learned quite a bit about driving laws. I was amazed to find out just how many driving laws have gone into effect since I first got my license 15 years ago. Had I gone in and taken the test without studying this crap, I would have surely failed. It's probably a good idea to research your local driving laws occasionally to see what you may be unaware of.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Well???

What's the website?

I went to www.widmyer.com . Pretty interesting place with tons of good into. I am unsure if it's national though. I think it's Md local only. If you search for your state's MVA and look for driver safety improvament, you might dig something up.