Originally posted by colmhd
What software are you using?
I work in Maya but have limited modelling skills. But would really like to have a 3D version of the vx. What is NFS??? And where did you get if. looks like a reasonable base to start from.
Green VX
I typically use Rhino3D and Multisurf for surfacing. For solids and shapes that are more rational I use SolidWorks (an example) NFS = need for speed, the video game. I've seen some great stuff come out of Maya, but have never had the opportunity to use it

Originally posted by WormGod
Joe C, I am VERY fluent in 3d Studio Max and if you could send that mesh my way, I will be able to work with it. What format is that Need for Speed one in?
If ANYONE has even a simple mesh of a VX in .max, .dxf, or .3ds, I will be able to work with it. If there are any other formats anyone may have it in, let me know and I will find a way to convert it regardless.
I'll send a .3ds of it to the email in your profile right now. The NFS one was in .viv format. I cant recall all of the steps I had to go through to convert it, wasnt too bad though, I believe I used a free app called carcad. I also experimented with a photo gammetry software called photomodeler. I did a capture of the pax fender and hood, if you like I can send you that as well.