Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AVIC-N1 installed

Smile AVIC-N1 installed

Its finally installed after dreaming about this from the first post about it and a hell of a lot of reasearch. Its gonna take me weeks to figure this out but i think its worth it. I love the split screen rear view camera and nav!

Here are some picks

Adam

Looks bad *** man, sweet choice;eekr;
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Right on!!! ZADAM

That looks soooooooooooooooooo hot...absolutely on fire..mod..keep us tuned in with your learning process. Does the changer hook up to this mod??? Does the screen fully extend out and over the dash? I was a little concedrned with that...thought that "lip" or overhand might prevent the screen from fully tilting up...I hope you love it...

John

Originally posted by rocket man

Right on!!! ZADAM

That looks soooooooooooooooooo hot...absolutely on fire..mod..keep us tuned in with your learning process. Does the changer hook up to this mod??? Does the screen fully extend out and over the dash? I was a little concedrned with that...thought that "lip" or overhand might prevent the screen from fully tilting up...I hope you love it...

John
    There are no porblems with that lip, I did have the same concerns but it opens up perfectaly 90 degree angle. I will keep you posted on what i learn. Only thing i wasnt crazy about that i just noticed is the rearview camera he gave me dont have nightvision and it is pointed more to the ground than streight ahead. The lux is i think 1.5 . It is kinda dark at night but im going back tuesday to gett him to raise the view of the camera and see if that helps , if not i will buy a diffrent camera which works better at night. Any sugestions?

adam

Is the gauge function setup and working correctly?

John C.

Looks cool, but can you post pictures of it as it looks in relation to the dashboard more, rather than just closeups of what's on the screen? It's hard to see the bigger picture!
    Canadian VXer!

Hotsauce

the guages are working great and are dead on!

Mrtw heres some more picks

These are all the types of guages they offer

adam

hi

i like it looks good

may have to get one meself

Excellent. If I didn't have last years hot HU installed I'd be buying that one, it really looks like a complete solution.

I'll have to see it in person at next meetup.

Where did you mount the GPS antenna?

John C.

Yeah Adam, that is really cool!

I hope the prices have come down and you got a good deal. I remember a Kenwood touch-screen I saw two summers ago was going for $2600. OUCH! I'm still diggin' the Alpine, no GPS though. Oh well... maybe next time.

Hey have fun with it. Program Boston into that thing and come up and see us.

Brian
    '01 Proton 1416

Brian

I got a great deal on the radio, I paid like 2400 but i not only got the avic but
    rear view camera
    took the radio out of my vx and put it in my wifes car
    and installed a 8 inch flipdown dvd/tv in my wifes car as well with wireless headphones.

I looked around for 2 weeks and must have been to at least 20 stores and mostly everyone else wanted 3,000. Plus this guy is the one who installed my baselink subwoofer and i knwo he does very clean good work.

adam

Thumbs up Looks Great!

Looks Great!

Does the screen unit bounce with the vibration or bumps on the road?

Zadam.....

Hey you are king of the mountain around here with that unit..Did you integrate the oem cd player with it?

How difficult was the install?

Noticed the camera angle like you did...are you sure he installed the factory camera. the demo I saw from Pioneer looked like a wide angle "fish eye" image that yours seems to lack. Course it does give you a eagles eye view of what is immediately behind and below what would ordiniarily be impossible to view...

Is it wired to your handbrake?

Keep writing us about it

Originally posted by rocket man
    Zadam.....

Hey you are king of the mountain around here with that unit..Did you integrate the oem cd player with it?

How difficult was the install?

Noticed the camera angle like you did...are you sure he installed the factory camera. the demo I saw from Pioneer looked like a wide angle "fish eye" image that yours seems to lack. Course it does give you a eagles eye view of what is immediately behind and below what would ordiniarily be impossible to view...

Is it wired to your handbrake?

Keep writing us about it
    From what everyone says you cant intergrate the OEM cd player with it, and why bother really , 1 mp3 cd holds tons of music.
    The one thing i would like to install is a dvd changer.

The camera he sold me wasnt from pioneer, I am going back sat to get a better camera installed, One with a wider view like you said.

And ok I am a bad boy cause it is not hooked up to the hand brake but i dont intend to watch dvds while im driving, I think there is other things that wont work besides the dvd feature, some of the Nav. will not work so i told them not to hook that up.

as far as how hard the install was, I have no idea but it took them all day to do both cars.

As far as the bumps I have had absolutely no problems with vibration.

The only thing im not to happy about is the fact that you need to add the Nav disk every time you enter a new destination but i think this can be fixed with a dvd changer. other than that i LOVE THIS UNIT, The diffrent views of the navigation are increadible.

Adam

OK, I broke down today, and after playing with the display unit for a while bought one. I bow to Zadam 123 for doing it first.

Installation is only slightly more complicated than a regular HU. There is a hideaway interface box that I put under the passenger seat, and the extra cable for the gps antenna to run, but thats all.

BTW, connect parking brake wire to ground, and you can watch dvd at any time, not only while parked.

I have the Pioneer camera on order, so I can't comment on that yet.

GPS: Excellent! I have a Garmin Colormap, and this is much better, faster fill and response time, more accurate base map.

Redbook: The transport is still breaking in, but already I can tell its superior to the Clarion. Much more microdetail and resolution. I have a reclocked Wadia 20 at home, so I know what CD is capable of, and this is really good.

DVD-A: I played Santana - Shaman again, very good. Very forward sounding, but this may tone down as it burns in.

DVD-R: This player supports DVD-R, and handled my Damien Rice video with no stutters or freezes.

SACD: Not supported.

MP3: BOYCOTT! I won't even try. Its a supported media, but MP3 is so lossy I won't ever use it.

The rest of the system:

Alphacore Goerts Silver Microperl interconnects, Butler Tubedriver Blue 2150. braided cryo cat 5 speaker wire, Focal Utopia 3 ways in doors.

Subwoofer: JL 10W6 v2d4 in Decware Deathbox.

John C.