Thread: Tire Leaks Cant find the hole?

Tire Leaks Cant find the hole?

One of my tires has been leaking for a while, and it is driving me nuts. I checked the whole thing visually and cant find a single spot where the air may be escaping. I thought it may be the valve stem, but I tightened it, the tire still leaks. There was a whole in it before, but I plugged it up.

Any advice for experienced tire pluggers? It a 245/70/16 PZero.

u can soap teh tire up and find where its leakin...i dont like plugs i rather patch it, but patchin involves takin the tire off the rim..
    ________
    BigNipples cam
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 03:19 PM

You're going to wear out your TOD if you drive around with one tire low very much. You'd better go and get it fixed at discount tires or something. Maybe the place where you got the tires even fixes them for free.
    Canadian VXer!

Take some dish soap, a small bucket or whatever container you wash your car with add a decent amount, and fill with water. try to splash water over the entire surface outside, inside surface, tread, all around the wheel bead, and valve stem. you should see it foam up where the leak is. If not do it again before anything dries. I guarantee it is from a tiny nail hole with no nail visible in it. Ive had that several times. Worked for me about 3x on the ol Trooper and once on the VX!

Originally posted by mrtew
    You're going to wear out your TOD if you drive around with one tire low very much.
    Thanks for the concern, but its a 2wd, Rodeo Sport
    I've been pumpin it up every other day, looses about 2-4 psi in 24 hours so it is a decent size leak. I will try to look for it again.

Maybe it's just me but I seem to pick up more than my share of nuts and bolts in my tires, numerous # of nails, a large screw, and even a 10mm craftsman wrench. I had both the parts of it laying around somewhere, I was planning to go to sears and exchange for a new one "lifetime warranty " Never know what you'll find on I-95

-Mark

I suggest you get the wal mart warranty since you can find a wal mart on every corner of every city... and then I strongly suggest you change your route of travel!

I had a leak that I couldn't find on my tires... it wound up being that the chrome inside the lip was peeling, causing a separation of rubber from rim. If you have chrome rims, you may be in for a whole lotta problems
    Steve

I hadf a crack in the wheel itself that caused the same problem.

Bob
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Maybe the best thing is to take off the tire and place it ina big pool. Wait for the bubbles. That's what I did. It works, and it's a 1 time job.
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable is seldom angry

Lightbulb tire shops

are there no tire shops or service staions that do this in your area? All this roundabout work to save $10 at a repair shop? Stop chatting and just take it in to get fixed.
    Hotwheels™ toy come to life.
    www.doubleadesign.com