Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari VX...

Exclamation FERRARI BADGES???

...The VX don't need NO STINK'n BADGES!!!
    Last edited by Navigator : 06/04/2004 at 08:18 AM
    NAVIGATOR

Well as a ferrari enthusiast myself I see nothing wrong with it. In europe many scuderia ferrari groupies have everything ferrari, from stickers, hats, and everything on their opels, fiats, et al. The ferrari deal is a very passionate thing, and as my best friend owns one and I know a few others that are ferrarisiti, the are veritable freaks about it. Very much the way we feel about our vx's. It is similiar to how some people are about Italian motorcycles which I am also a great fan of. Ducatisti, MV, and Moto Guzzi have very passionate followings. I actually think the vx lloks cool the ferrari badges. I see the Forza(S) around here in LA and they were actually designed by Pinafarina, with the shields and S.F. logos everywhere and it looks liks ****. Doesn't blend with the angular lines. Just my 2cts.
    face the mirror

Were you thinking of this Grimm?

As a former Miura owner I don't think I'd be too happy with another Lamborghini no matter what its capabilities, but the LM series is definitely distinctive.
    Last edited by Joe_Black : 06/03/2004 at 03:44 PM
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I rode in one. When I lived in Malibu we had a very wealthy neighbor. Really cool car. Pressurized cabin, and as you said VERY distict. A far cry from a Murcielago, or Gallardo but a very cool hallmark in Lambo's car production history.

VX with Ferrari bages.....

BLASPHEMY!
    Draftsman of the dead

That is the one I was thinkin' of... Joe Black, and now that I see it again, I have to say, it's a damn fine lookin' machine....
    By the way, my neighbor (he does high end custom paint work for a living) has a '86 toyota pickup, lowered, and all done up in Ferrari livery... he even airbrushed testarrosa(sp.?) style intake vents on the sides of the bed..... It's not my thing, but I have to admit that I think it looks pretty cool...
    "Never attribute to malice, that which
    can be explaned as stupidity".....

my VX is totally debaged except for the sides of the VX which says VEHIcross( I kinda like that emblem ) Still no one knows what Im driving, cause they all ask what it is. I tell them that its LUNAR ROVER built by NASA, one of only 3 which was built for the apollo moon launch & at times I tell em its the first Ferrari SUV in the US. Best of all , they all beleive me, but after a minute or two I let them know its a rare model by ISUZU,,,They all want one, makes me feel great inside...Really no need for badges

Lightbulb I was just wondering

..if anyone has Stude Avanti stickers for my car? I want to have Avanti badges for the front and Maserati stickers for the side, I always thought Maserati was better than Ferrari. Even if they were not much good at F1. Better yet how about a McLaren badge for the VX?

I debadged my VX.

I was considering getting LOTUS emblems for the wheels.

But that's cause I'm gonna get a Proton Yellow Lotus Elise and tow it around with the VX. I thought they would look cool if they matched
    Steve

Talking I also have one of these...

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccagiv...1raptor03.html

Also not many are aware that the VX was designed by Guigaro and Italdesign

The women must be impressed he is driving a Ferrari. I must commend the guy... great idea if you have a need to impress people
    Anthony

Lightbulb

Also not many are aware that the VX was designed by Guigaro and Italdesign
    Many are not aware of that because it would be incorrect. Guigiaro & Co. designed the "Ace of Spades" showcar which Isuzu had on the showroom floor a scant year later as the Impulse. Their American branch IDC, ItalDesign California, had a heavy hand with the Isuzu GBX concept as well. But the VehiCROSS was the baby of Shiro Nakamura while chief designer at Isuzu Europe. The VX got him promoted to head of the global design team. But after Renault took over Nissan they wooed him away from Isuzu and he delivered the Murano and 350Z to his new employers.

Now you know why the Murano bears more than a passing resemblance to the VX04...

Exclamation Nakamura is Italian...

...and besides it sounds good anyway, IMHO it is a better urban myth than putting Ferrari stickers on the car.

Thumbs up Off topic but true...

...only Raptor East of the MS river!

Lambo

When I decided the VX looked too nude with no emblems, my first choice was lamborghini, but the emblems are harder to come by and they did build an SUV at one time, the LM002 (of which less than 50 were ever built....how would you like to get parts for that one?).
    I can't believe so many people are upset by me having a little fun with badges. The only time I've driven this vehicle since I finished it was to a large car show. I was not entered, but parked near the entrance to the show. I stood there for a while and watched peoples reaction to the VX and not one person questioned that is was a Ferrari. I figure that speaks pretty well of Isuzu that the Vehicross easily passes for a make that usually sells for $100K+.
    Mike