Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari VX...

Re: You guys got it all wrong!!

Originally posted by visconte
    You need to read the Book "VX Concept and Design" by Hillsboro! That book refers to Craig Hill and Tony Steffen who had the car farmed out to Guigiaro before letting Italdesign Concepts have a go, then it was assigned to Nakamura's team. The Japanese frequently have things designed in other countries. This car is an Italian design which is why it so sleek and stylish and "in-your-face" at the same time! There is no denying it these are hard cold facts even the CIA and US gov't can confirm! You don't get any more credible than that DO YOU?
    Right...and Ken Okuyama, the designer at Pininfarina responsible for the Enzo, is Japanese. And the head of BMW Group's questionable new design direction, Chris Bangle, is American. You won't see me putting a Chevy badge on my M3. Even if the new 5er does look like a Pontiac.

My point was not that the VX didn't look fit to be Italian. My point was that Isuzu was still responsible for the project, the VX would not exist if not for Isuzu, and Isuzu deserves better than having Ferrari given credit for their project.

-Daver
    -Daver

Anyone got a Xeon Isuzu badge?

Anywhere to get very bright Xeon Isuzu badges for the VX? These should be as bright as welding torches where people need special glasses to look directly and see ISUZU, not worried about lawsuits, just very brand concious.

Re: You guys got it all wrong!!

Originally posted by visconte
    You need to read the Book "VX Concept and Design" by Hillsboro! That book refers to Craig Hill and Tony Steffen who had the car farmed out to Guigiaro before letting Italdesign Concepts have a go, then it was assigned to Nakamura's team. The Japanese frequently have things designed in other countries. This car is an Italian design which is why it so sleek and stylish and "in-your-face" at the same time! There is no denying it these are hard cold facts even the CIA and US gov't can confirm! You don't get any more credible than that DO YOU?

Is this a joke? I've never heard anything about Ital Design having anything to do with the VX??? It's hard to tell sometimes when people are kidding on the internet. Are you kidding? Companies are usually very proud to brag that Guigiaro did their designs and he is proud to brag about the cars he's done, and the VX isn't on his site. Are you kidding?
    Canadian VXer!

Unhappy

Buy a Maserati Kubang !

Ferrari what ferrari here's my Enzo! It screams like a 12 cylinder enzo, is as thirsty and probably as expensive to maintain

Hoi een andere nederlander, heb je een VX in Nederland? Mocht je vragen hebben, mail me dan even.
    Sinds ik in Japan woon, kan ik een grote hulp zijn in verband met onderdelen.

Groetjes,
    Serge

Congrats Dutchie,

I hope the child doesn't cost as much as an Enzo

I hope the child doesn't cost as much as an Enzo
    Ha ha this is Japan, by the tine he's 18, I could have bought 2 Enzo's

Beautiful kid dutchie! Funny, he looks sort of like me at that age (my cheeks were fatter I think - same think hair though).

I always wondered what a dutchman was doing in Japan!

-- Best, John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Wink Hmmmm...

...@ $13,000 the reserve is STILL not met for a 1999 with over 38,000 miles. I'd say hold onto your "Ferrari" if you can't let it go for $13,000. KBB does not go that high for a 99 in mint condition you may be pricing yourself out of a sale

I know how you feel, I won't sell mine for less than $3.7 million US cash. I figure if anybody is crazy enough to meet my price they deserve my VX Besides I have bills, and an exhaustive search to find another in mint condition... CHEAP!!!
    NAVIGATOR

My "Ferrari VX" is beyond mint. You can eat off of the underside of the car, suspension, frame, fenderwheels, all detailed to show condition. KBB does not take into account any mods and has no rating scale for show quality. Since I've owned this car it's never been wet or spent more than 6 hours out of the garage (where it's always covered with the custom cover (included in the auction)
    I've only driven it 121 miles since I've owned it. All of the new stuff has about 80 mi on it (I drove it once to a car show)
    I'm going to sell it to the highest bidder anyway, if the reserve is met or not.
    Mike

forget the KBB prices ...... Edmunds, etc. .........
    as far as the VX is concerned ......
    the VX sales numbers are so low that these numbers are (even) more suspect than the numbers for other vehicles .....
    I believe Autotrader.com might have been a better place to sell the VX .........
    I did not look at the 'mods', but as far as mods are concerned, mods can actually reduce the price of a vehicle ... of course, that can depend on the buyer, but many people that look for a unique limited production vehicle prefer a stock vehicle ....

He has big brembo brakes. That's not a bad mod
    Steve

Originally posted by transio
    He has big brembo brakes. That's not a bad mod
    I don't think they're big... just stock size Brembo rotors.

Hmm.... I guess I was confusing them with the big brembos my buddy at work was looking at. Anyhow, it's not a bad mod. Certainly won'd DECREASE value, even if the increase is only marginal, it's there.

PS - I kinda recall mention of new calipers and ceramic pads, too?