Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari VX...

He put on new ceramic pads and painted the calipers black.

An, you're correct... new rotors can be a nice brake mod. Personally, I would go with new steel braided lines if I had a choice, but drilled/slotted isn't too shabby. Again, I would watch the drilled and slotted as oppposed to just slotted.... always watch for warping.

Anyway, no thread crapping... didn't like the badging, but four thumbs up (4?) on a beauty!!!

I agree, Dallas. This VX is beautiful, despite the badging. I think 13k is a very reasonable figure.
    Steve

Originally posted by jorma
    My "Ferrari VX" is beyond mint.
    I've only driven it 121 miles since I've owned it. All of the new stuff has about 80 mi on it
    Mike
    Mike,

I might have missed your post but why did you spend so much time and money on your VX and then now decide to turn around and sell it? 121 miles seems like not enough time to enjoy the VX.
    What caused you to lose grace?
    Just curious.

Wink

Originally posted by thedutchguy
    Buy a Maserati Kubang !
    He , bedankt voor het aanbod dutchie, de vx komt 14 juni aan in a'dam. als ik nog dingen nodig heb voor het keuren hoor je zeker van me!

Question Mama mia! Is that the new Ferrari 206 Scaramouche?

Splendid workmanship on just about everything!
    The wheels and tires are beautiful. The breaks and rotors are very nice, as is the work under the hood. The level of craftsmanship and attention to detail is uncompromised.
    I can’t believe you had a custom slipcover made for it.
    Dude!
    Where can I get one?
    Seriously.
    No one can debate your talent as a mechanically inclined individual or dare I say, an artist, albeit a fantastically misguided one.
    As far as the grill and hood ornament are concerned, I have to tell you the truth; I was looking around for something different to put on my own grille, and I was thinking about a Ferrari Prancing Horse or a Peterbilt emblem. I was quite surprised and even a bit peeved someone else with the same brand as well as the very same model vehicle beat me to the mark.
    Great minds eh?
    No.
    Dude, I just wanted one.
    One shining chrome Ferrari™ Prancing Horse emblem.
    One is cool.
    (1)
    ONE!
    However.
    It shakes the very fondations of conventional thought as to what motivates a person to do what you did. You seem to have taken debadging and rebadging to an almost pathological level and I suggest you seek therapy.

PS. If you sell it, the first thing anyone is going to do to is to peel that Ferrari stuff off, (kind of like what you did in reverse) and sell it on E-Bay. So why don’t you just do it yourself? I’ll give you $25.00 for one of those spiffy Italian horsys.
    Now that I think about it, you should sell all that crap and keep the car!
    One last thing: Are you sure it’s a good idea to have anything stuck on your steering wheel? If the airbag were to deploy it could do more harm than good.

Somewhere out there is a Ferrari owner reading all this, and he is laughing until he wets his pants!
    Last edited by SpaceTruck'n : 06/11/2004 at 09:41 PM

Re: Mama mia! Is that the new Ferrari 206 Scaramouche?

Originally posted by SpaceTruck'n
    Somewhere out there is a Ferrari owner reading all this, and he is laughing until he wets his pants!
    No, he's wetting his pants because he can't control his bladder due to age.

Re: Re: Mama mia! Is that the new Ferrari 206 Scaramouche?

Originally posted by transio
    Wait a minute.... I am not that old.

As for the rebadging... to each his own. I agree sell the Ferrari emblems and sell the VX debadged. Only because you will never recoup the cost of the emblems on the sale of the car.

Also $25 is a little cheap, if he has a new factory horse it probably cost closer to $100.
    Terry Daniel

Re: Re: Re: Mama mia! Is that the new Ferrari 206 Scaramouche?

Originally posted by dogue
    Wait a minute.... I am not that old.
    You own a ferrari?

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha !Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!
    LOL
    ROFWMS

The thing is: By the time you can afford a Ferrari, you ARE old!
    Or so my dad tells me.

Last edited by SpaceTruck'n : 06/11/2004 at 09:36 PM

Originally posted by azskyrider
    Mike,

I might have missed your post but why did you spend so much time and money on your VX and then now decide to turn around and sell it? 121 miles seems like not enough time to enjoy the VX.
    What caused you to lose grace?
    Just curious.
    Yea! whats the deal, Mike? and how much are those mods worth?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mama mia! Is that the new Ferrari 206 Scaramouche?

You own a ferrari?
    Check the avatar Transio....

It is sweet. I had the pleasure to meet Terry and his Ferrari buddies at a local car show in PHX. Terry is still trying to convince me on getting one.

Terry did you buy more Tropical shirts ?

no, seriously buy that kubang!

Re: Re: Mama mia! Is that the new Ferrari 206 Scaramouche?

Transio... Terry might be younger than you.. hahahaha.. He at least looks pretty young. His other ferrari buddies also were not the stereotypical OLD owners people might think.

Re: Re: Re: Mama mia! Is that the new Ferrari 206 Scaramouche?

Originally posted by azskyrider
    Check the avatar Transio....
    Saw it. A ferrari emblem avatar, however, requires ferrari ownership no more than a ferrari emblem on your car, as proven by this thread

Terry is still trying to convince me on getting one.
    Great. Let us know how that works out for you. Personally, I think Ferraris, although decent performers with an unmatched exhaust note, are overpriced and overly "fat". I would be happier with a Lotus Elise (or Exige, even better) and an extra 150k in my portfolio, thank you (as compared to a Ferrari 360 CS).

Transio... Terry might be younger than you... not the stereotypical OLD owners people might think.
    It's possible. I'm getting older, just turned 30. The point of jokes like this, though is to pick on stereotypes. Don't take it personally.

PS - Terry, what model Ferrari do you have?

I have a lowly 308 GTSi and would not trade it for the world. I will not argue the merits of Ferrari over lotus or any other maker as if I have to argue you just don't get it. Much like arguing the merits of VX over another SUV. I don't know how to post pictures, but I have emailed AZSkrider a picture if he would like to post it.

On the Kubang, Montezemolo has nixed the project. I have a brochure on the Kubang, but unfortunately it will more than likely not be produced. I think they were a little too late to get into the SUV market. I do know a test driver for Ferrari/Maserati and he said that they used a VX for R&D on the Kubang. He personally bought one and shipped it to Italy. The reason they had him buy the car here is that they wanted him to do hot weather testing on the VX first.