Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Ferrari VX...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mama mia! Is that the new Ferrari 206 Scaramouche?

Originally posted by transio
    It's possible. I'm getting older, just turned 30. The point of jokes like this, though is to pick on stereotypes. Don't take it personally.
    I am 31 so I guess I am old and wetting myself ....

I did not take it personally, just thought I would respond.....It's all in fun.
    Terry Daniel

Is it wise?

The point of jokes like this, though is to pick on stereotypes. Don't take it personally.
    Transio I don't take it personally. Lately it seems that you are in the habit of liking to pick on people for your enjoyment as I have seen on other threads. You can do as you wish but I can only see habits like this causing problems on this board.

One of the great things about this board is that we all sense friendship wether you own or just admire the VX. There is no rule of having to own one if you want to be a member here. This community has members from different countries and different backgrounds. But I don't think it is wise to pick on people for their spelling or anything else for that matter. But that is up to you.

Cheers,

Terry- Got your email. I will see you at the Car show tonight.

Originally posted by dogue
    I have emailed AZSkrider a picture if he would like to post it.
    Originally posted by azskyrider
    Terry did you buy more Tropical shirts ?
    It seems you have. Sweet. Magnum PI!

Re: Is it wise?

Transio I don't take it personally. Lately it seems that you are in the habit of liking to pick on people for your enjoyment as I have seen on other threads. You can do as you wish but I can only see habits like this causing problems on this board.
    Oh, give me a break. I think you're the only one who took my comment in a negative way. There's something to be said about how one READS something. If you ask me, YOU are the one causing trouble here, and I'm sure I'm not your first target, either.

YES, I made a joke about "some Ferrari owner out there". Is that picking on someone specifically? NO. Is it a jest in good fun at all Ferrari owners? YES!

Re: the spelling thread, I STILL think it's funny to pick on the misspelling of the word "mispell". It's ironic when someone complains about someone else's spelling and in that complaint misspells the word misspell.

If you don't get my sense of humor, you can bite me. I don't need your negativity cramping my style.

PS: this "I have seen on other threads" BS is unqualified. You've seen exactly two instances of me making jokes like this. And BOTH instances were funny. Why would you use this tactic to try to villify me to the board, and in the same post preach about how everyone here is so friendly?
    Last edited by transio : 06/12/2004 at 01:46 PM
    Steve

I will not argue the merits of Ferrari over lotus
    You're right. Ferraris are a unique driving experience. I truly believe they're worth every penny for some. They also have an exotic image that is not matched at any price. Any Ferrari is a nice car. I was simply expressing how Ferraris are not the car for me, specifically.

You're right. Ferraris are a unique driving experience. I truly believe they're worth every penny for some. They also have an exotic image that is not matched at any price. Any Ferrari is a nice car. I was simply expressing how Ferraris are not the car for me, specifically.
    I understand completely. Luckily they are not for everyone, or they would be much more expensive and harder to find for sale. I had a Black VX that I loved and hated to get rid of, but I fell on hard times at the end of last year and ended up having to get rid of it. This year has been very good to me and late February I was able to buy my first Ferrari. I am very happy with my decision. I hope to someday ad a Proton Yellow VX, a 1964 Ferrari 330 GT 2+2, and a 1967 Camaro to my stable, but for the time being I am extremely happy.

And to set the record straight the only reason I wet my self is that I cannot believe that I actually own the car I have been dreaming about since age 10.

Also no offence was taken on my end to any of this conversation and hopefully no one is reading my posts as antagonistic... again this is all in fun...

I understand completely. Luckily they are not for everyone, or they would be much more expensive and harder to find for sale.
    Or they'd get bought out and mass-produced and the image would be tarnished and ruined, as with many, many other marques. One thing I'll hand to Ferrari is that they've stayed true to their game. I think Lotus is on the border right now. Only the future will tell if they can bring cars in quantity AND maintain Colin Chapman's true objective of building superior performance vehicles.

PS: my dream stable includes a VX, a T-Rex, an Exige, a Viper GTS (I know it's not lightweight, but it's just too sexy), a Mosler MT900, a TVR 350T, and a slew of other cars no one has heard of.

PPS: how have maintenance expenses treated you with your 308? A guy over on the Elise forums just paid over $10k to get his 348 serviced !!! ;eekg; ;eekp; ;eekr;

PPS: how have maintenance expenses treated you with your 308? A guy over on the Elise forums just paid over $10k to get his 348 serviced !!! ;eekg; ;eekp; ;eekr;
    Actually maintenance has not been that bad. All of it, I have been able to do myself, so I have avoided the common $125/hr the dealer charges. I do however know of an independant with a great rep. that charges $70/hr. Since I am using Mobil 1 an oil change costs me about $60 and other than that I have a few issue considering the age (22 years old) that all have cost me less than $300 in parts and just a few hours (plug wires, thermostat, plug extenders, water temp sending unit). Yes a 348 will cost signifigantly more considering it requires an engine out for pretty much anything including a belt change. Mine is old enough to do most of the work myself. $10k sounds very high for any service on a 348 though, but it all depends on how much needed to be done.

Re: Re: Is it wise?

Oh, give me a break.

YES, I made a joke about "some Ferrari owner out there".

Re: the spelling thread, I STILL think it's funny to pick on the misspelling of the word "mispell".

If you don't get my sense of humor, you can bite me.

Why would you use this tactic to try to villify me to the board, and in the same post preach about how everyone here is so friendly?

Transio- You got it all wrong.
    Looks like YOU took my post the wrong way. Villify? Friendly? Targeting?

If I wasn't friendly I would have not written constructively.

Posting "you can bite me."

Nice educated response Transio. I see who I am dealing with. Enough said.

Re: Re: Re: Is it wise?

Nice educated response Transio. I see who I am dealing with. Enough said.
    Listen up, because this is my last reply to you. You're obviously taunting me to get a rise out of me, as is obvious by your implicit stabs at my education, personality, and class. I'm not here for your amusement, and I won't fall in to your traps. You have had plenty of opportunity to make peace with me for making implications about me. Instead, you have taken those opportunities to make more implications and selectively quote me to try to make me look bad. I don't appreciate it, but it's your prerogative. It's also my prerogative to ignore you.
    Last edited by transio : 06/13/2004 at 09:44 AM

I see you edited your response from apologies to peace. Peace it is Transio.

I am going to edit my response and leave the original wording above in case my response was viewed written in a not friendly matter. .. from giving you apologies to making peace...Peace it is.

Any more discussion between us can be taken off line (PM,Email). No reason to drag this on for the rest of the members.
    Last edited by azskyrider : 06/13/2004 at 10:21 AM

Who would buy it? You? I don't thik so.

Looks good to me!
    sweet!
    I know Ferrari could have made the VX and sold for more
    than what we paid for it!
    Knowledge is power!