Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari VX...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ferrari VX...

Um yea... ok that is gay to put Ferrari badges on your VX.
    No offense if it is a boards members, it is clean though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6270

Gay?

Let's face it the VX is a fun vehicle, you might as well have some fun with the badges. The Vehicross is too cool of a vehicle to be sold by Isuzu, don't you agree? Anyway, the badges are just glued on and this VX is beyond clean, it's spotless and near perfect with some great performance mods.
    Mike M.

Your VX is nice and clean, but just like when you see a integra with a type r sticker when it is only a gs-r or what have you.

Good luck with the selling of it.

What are you getting instead?

I agree. Ferrari symbols? Whether you are ashamed that it is an Isuzu or not is up to you, but it isn't a Ferrari. If you want to put other manufacturers emblems on there then no one can stop you... but it's still an Isuzu, and I'm not ashamed of that. Other than that, it IS really clean and looks very nice.

*(I will never buy another Isuzu because of their service and dedication to owners. I am not implying that they build a bad vehicle).
    Last edited by Dallas4u : 06/03/2004 at 09:36 AM

Re: Gay?

Originally posted by jorma
    Let's face it the VX is a fun vehicle, you might as well have some fun with the badges. The Vehicross is too cool of a vehicle to be sold by Isuzu, don't you agree? Anyway, the badges are just glued on and this VX is beyond clean, it's spotless and near perfect with some great performance mods.
    Mike M.
    Did you change your last name? Are you too cool to associate with your parents?

No, the VX is not too cool to be sold by Isuzu. No, the VX is not cool enough to wear Ferrari badges instead.

-Daver
    -Daver

IT'S AN ISUZU!

Umm.... can we all just face the fact that the Vehicross IS an Isuzu? To say that it's too cool to be an Isuzu is sort of rediculous when the simple fact of the matter is, that NO one else, was cool enough to build anything like it!

You may as well embrace the fact that you love an ISUZU!.... Just deal with it!
    "Never attribute to malice, that which
    can be explaned as stupidity".....

No - the VX is Isuzu ...... and that is one of the reasons I like the VX.
    Isu has a rep for building sturdy dependable vehicles that can take a beating ........ (behind their diesel engine rep that is) ........
    and they have a history ...... go back to WWII ......... and you will see Isuzu fuel trucks used extensively ........
    and with the VX, Isu also showed that they are not afraid to 'push the envelope' .......... I doubt anyone else would have offered a vehicle like the VX ......... ???
    ....... it's just a shame to see what happened to Isu over the last few years ...... No Trooper, no Amigo, no pickup ......

Either way, if you order parts or get it serviced they will ask you and then they will find out the truth. It doesn't really matter at that point.

I tell everyone that it is an Isuzu, and that it is a SPECIAL EDITION vehicle, with only so many sold in the US. That is what makes the VX special, not the badges or anything else.

Anyway, I have been thinking about de-badging my VX, front and back only. I just won't do it without anything to replace them. Anyone has any ideas or suggestions? I have seen the Titanium VX for the front, love it but feel a little broke to spend 40 big ones on something like that. I will also like to replace the rear with something similar, not just a sticker.

By the way, like I said before, no shame on the VX being an Isuzu, the only reason I am considering de-badging is to personalize mine even more...

Thank you!

Grimm:
    Ditto with a capital D.
    I'm still waiting to see a similar vehicle appear on a showroom floor. I will not hold my breath.
    t2p

The limited ......... poor ......... whatever ...... dealer network is a bummer ....... and Isuzu is not great to deal with ...........
    disturbing ........
    but I basically have began to (maybe unfortunately) look at it another way:

I consider the VX in the same group as ...... a vintage musclecar ...... or a vintage sports car .......... or whatever ...
    so - in a way - we are 'on our own' ....... but (at least) we do have access to most OEM parts ......... and this great site .....
    so if the dealer network goes away completely, I will not look for the nearest window to jump ......... I'm sure that a 70 Chevelle SS owner does not bring his car to the local Chevrolet dealer to have it serviced ......

I use to take mine to a dealer for oil changes and warranty service... was never a great experience. My wife had a TERRIBLE time with her last Rodeo, trying to use the Lemon Law to get something taken care of.

After my warranty coverage expired I have done all servicing (that I can) myself.

That being said, I think you should expect decent service when under warranty (for sure) from any dealer.

Previous owner of:1999 White Vehicross Ironman 1970
    That VX is a very sharp ride....however when you get it inspected/serviced you still have to say its a Isuzu...then it would look odd for them to come out and see the Ferarri stuff all over it. I would rather have nothing on it, then to put a false name on it? My opinion...

Again though, your VX is sharp!!

I can't believe a fellow Missourian is selling out
    The price you pay to be different......

The Vehicross is too cool of a vehicle to be sold by Isuzu, don't you agree?
    Ummm, no. Isuzu is a VERY cool company with a fantastic lineage of cool vehicles. Just because they've been hamstrung by GM in their American market is no reason to ignorantly slam them as a whole. Ferrari, while a fine FIAT subsidiary, has yet to produce a cool SUV let alone something rivaling a VX. Let's see the boys from Modena cough something up...
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Bummer is right...

It's sad, to say the least, to see Isuzu being kind of fazed out.... Another victim of the great corporate devil that is general motors..... I'm also a big Saab fan.... (used to be... I should say... ) GM seems to go out of its way to aquire companys that have a unique cache' or superior engineering, (or both) only to saturate their (Isuzu/Saab) products with their(GM) own mediocre standards, effectively killing off the competition.... Being the biggest is a far cry from being the best...

Okay... I'll get off the soap box now....

Joe Black,

You're right on! Everybody knows that Ferarri doesn't make trucks..... Lamborghini, on the other hand, now thats another story... Remember that LM200? (I think that's right) Looked kind of like a hummer But with a 12cyl. eng. and could go like, 150 mph off road! A perso could almost pass of a VX as the latest incarnation af that thing!

I still wouldn't, but a person could....