Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari VX...

i think it looks cool !!! shawn
    1COOLVX

Originally posted by Joe_Black
    ... the VehiCROSS was the baby of Shiro Nakamura while chief designer at Isuzu Europe. The VX got him promoted to head of the global design team. But after Renault took over Nissan they wooed him away from Isuzu and he delivered the Murano and 350Z to his new employers.
    Now you know why the Murano bears more than a passing resemblance to the VX04...
    First of all I don't see ANY resemblance between the Murano and the VX. What'cha talking about Willis?

And second, I thought the VX was designed by Simon Cox who's fame got him promoted to head of GM's advanced design studio in Europe where he went ont to design various Cadillac showcars. I know that cars aren't designed by one person, but I've only heard Simon's name associated with the VX and I've never heard of the Shiro connection. What's Simon's relation to Shiro? Did one of them work under the other on the VX, or did Shiro do the production version or Simon's showcar or what?
    Canadian VXer!

I do have lambo badges acquired from a bankrupt dealer's stock via ebay. I haven't had a chance to put them on yet (they will need to punch holes through the metal in order to mount properly, and prevent theft). But my goal is not necessarily to impersonate a lambo (I don't intend to actually use any badges with the word "lamborghini" in them, just a few of the bull emblems and a couple of "designo whatisface" plates) but it is to further confuse anyone trying to identify the car. As it is now, completely debaged people have nothing to "lead them on." With the lambo badging, even if they don't recognize it, they will go home thinking "I want that SUV made by the Bull company," and then when they look up what company has a bull for mascot, they will be surprised. At least that is my theory.

From my perspective, using the ferrari badging to mess with people is just as funny.

PS - anyone have problems with gawkers? I get this in the parking lots way too much, people will stand around (or "park around") my VX as I am trying to park or pull out and with the limited rear view it makes me all paranoid one of them is standing too close and I'm going to hit them while they stand agape. I'm probably just anti-social but that particular expression of curiosity really puts me in a foul mood.

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    How about when you're driving and want to change lanes, but someone's pacing right next to you, gawking, and you can't get over? Happens to me a lot.

I've had a passing desire to rebadge as something obscure. Either to throw people off or to avoid the ," oh, it's an Isuzu" turnoff. I've decided to keep mine debadged and am happy to tell folks what it is......and add that it's no longer being produced.

Be proud, you own a hand built, limited production, concept truck.

Re: Lambo

Originally posted by jorma
    I can't believe so many people are upset by me having a little fun with badges.
    I think most the people that posted were just more annoyed with this statement:

Originally posted by jorma
    The Vehicross is too cool of a vehicle to be sold by Isuzu, don't you agree?
    I personally don't agree. Isuzu had some nice vehicles in its time... Impulse, Rodeo, Trooper, Amigo. Seriously, ALL of those vehicles were once considered cool. It's not really Isuzu that has f'd there line up... I believe it is GM controlling that mess.

I'm not embarassed to to show that it's an Isuzu. In Portland you RARELY see an Isuzu with Isuzu badging. You see more Honda Passports than Rodeos no doubt about it! "Isuzu" is actually somewhat rare up here.

Simon Cox was the assistant chief designer, but focused primarily on the interior styling (the VX prototype has a billet style center pillar with guages attached to each side, motorcycle style - it also had a pop-up TFT for the nav - Cox is most famous for the Lotus Elan interior).

My understanding was that the principal design lead for the VX project was Satomi Murayama, chief designer/manager at Isuzu's European office in Brussels. Other designers include Joji Yanaka, Andrew Hill and Nick Robinson.

I'm not sure how Shiro Nakamura fit into the picture, but perhaps he was the design department head of Isuzu EU at the time.

A little more information here:
    http://www.wildtoys.com/Vehicross/history.asp

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

The name I see most often associated with the VX is Nakamura.
    I read in a few places he was the VX 'project manager' - or something to that effect. Murayama could have been a member of the team under him. ???
    I also believed - maybe erroneously - that Simon Cox played a greater role in the exterior styling of the VX. I believe he did receive some credit for his role ....... again, maybe erroneously. He now appears to have a great role in the exterior styling of the new Cadillac vehicles.
    I do see an influence - if not a resemblance - between the VX and Murano.
    I also see the 'future VX' look ...... VX-2 or whatever ? ..... in the new Cadillac SUV .... SRV ? The pic of the VX-2 - Anita's 'weekend car' - has a look very similar to the new Caddy SUV. And a quick look at the Axiom and new Caddy SUV will (should) reveal a resemblance.

Eh, so what if it's badged with other emblems. It's a little kooky, but at the same time, it REALLY gets people guessing. They THOUGHT they had seen another one before, and that it was something else, but now they arent sure, heh.

Give the guy a break. Nobody ever tore into me for completely "DE"badging. Nobody ever tore into Tone for putting "5L" on his fenders. It's all pretty relative.... so no more flaming the FerrariCROSS.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

How about when you're driving and want to change lanes, but someone's pacing right next to you, gawking, and you can't get over? Happens to me a lot.
    This has happened to me a few times in the short amount of time I have been a VX owner.
    The VX has this giant blind spot ....... blind spots ....... and just my luck: I have Mario Andretti beside me checking out the VX ........
    This is not something entirely new to me - I have owned a few vintage muslcecars - one especially rare - but it is noteworthy when a late model vehicle receives this sort of attention - and an affordable late model vehicle at that.

Personally, I prefer the NASA emblems and stickers.
    I would consider installing a few if I had a white VX.
    Install some solar panel material on the rear wing ......... and maybe a panel section on the roof ......... and pretend it is solar powered .........
    and in Western PA, that means you would be guaranteed to have a low mileage solar powered VX ........... when you could barely operate it a few weeks during the year .....

Cool You guys got it all wrong!!

You need to read the Book "VX Concept and Design" by Hillsboro! That book refers to Craig Hill and Tony Steffen who had the car farmed out to Guigiaro before letting Italdesign Concepts have a go, then it was assigned to Nakamura's team. The Japanese frequently have things designed in other countries. This car is an Italian design which is why it so sleek and stylish and "in-your-face" at the same time! There is no denying it these are hard cold facts even the CIA and US gov't can confirm! You don't get any more credible than that DO YOU?

Re: You guys got it all wrong!!

Originally posted by visconte
    This car is an Italian design which is why it so sleek and stylish and "in-your-face" at the same time!
    Oh, yeah, because only Italians know how to design anything. The rest of the world is bereft of capable designers.
    Steve

hey hey .......... whaddsamaddayou ? .........

Exclamation That's right - and pizza too!

hey how's about you comin along for da ride in my car? Forget'bout it!

I had a VX that also had a Ferrari Shield on the back. I also did not de-badge it at all. I was very proud of the fact that it was an isuzu and a Vehicross and the only reason it had a Ferrari Shield was to show my support for Scuderia Ferrari the F1 team. I bleed Ferrari Red and have had a Ferrari sticker on every car I have owned (well except for my first a 1967 Camaro). Sometimes my stickers have initiated comments that are less than favorable, and I have been accused of trying to imply that my Minivan, or VX, or Acura is better or on equal footing with Ferrari, when my intent was only to show support for a race team, and a philosophy of spirit driven automobiles. I also would never try to pass off my vehicle (regardless of what it may be) as something it is not, rather I have always been the type to be proud of what I have and what it is. But I also understand that people should be able to do what they want with their cars and personalize it however they please. To each his own.
    Terry Daniel