Thread: Front seat swap

Front seat swap

Can the front seats be swapped L to R and R to L ? I'm single and mostly use the VX myself. Consequently the driver's seat leather is wearing faster than the passenger's seat. It looks like the only difference would be the location of the seat slider position arm.

Any help? Thanks.

Don

I don't think so. The rear outside brackets are a little longer then the inside. Not sure if you can flip the brackets but it doesn't look promising.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I've noticed from the beginning that leather seats "wear" or "rinkle" after time and I've seen some picks here of VX's with bad warn seats.

From the day I bought my VX every time I wash my truck I clean the seats with leather cleaner/conditioner and my seats look great.....compared to the one's i've seen.

Just take care of them....
    Draftsman of the dead

Hi, Mine is a Japanese version, but you can swap the seats. The recaro seats are fixed to the mounting brakets then to the floor. Swap the seats at the mounting brakets and you should be fine. I've done it already because the driver side was getting soft. It's a bit hard, but with a long magnetic tip screw driver it's not too bad.

Ameet
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable is seldom angry

Been there, done that...

My driver seat started to show a tiny crease at 25K miles so I decided to swap the seats to even the wear out. Our Recaro seats have symmetric knobs and levers, so it's perfectly doable although you will loose the one-step bend-over-and-move-forward functionality in the passenger's side; not a big deal because it can be done manually in two steps, and being single you probably won't carry passengers in the back seats that often anyway.

I noticed that in order to keep the lower black plastic pieces facing correctly to the outside I had to keep the seats' mounting brackets in their original locations, so if you want them to look aesthetically correct you will have to take the seats out from their brackets, and then swap them over. The two bases are in fact different from each other, so the passenger's seat functionality described above can't be replicated using the driver's seat's base -which wasn't a problem for me, either.

Just make sure you take pictures or make a schematic of the passenger's seat mechanism before you swap them from their original mounting brackets so you can easily put them back on their original locations later on.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Migil!!

With 163,000 miles you can imagine how my driver's seat is looking compared to the passenger's seat. So, I ordered a used seat on www.car-part.com for $100 + $50 shipping. I told them to send me the best of the two they had and I got the passenger's seat. It looks very good. I just need to get it on the driver's side and now I feel confident it is possible. I'll just use the brackets off of my old seat.

Randy
    Happy Flying!

Randy

Well, I installed the new-used seat this weekend and it is great! I had to keep my brackets from the original driver's seat and just install them on the new-used passenger's seat. I also ty-rapped up the cable that normally releases the slide on the passenger's seat when it is henged forward. Simple swap. I'm very pleased with the result. $150 well spent.

Randy

$150 for a, what, $1200 seat? That's CRAZY sweet! Nice Randy!