VERY good advice Dallas! With 2 VX's and an '01 Trooper to take care of I just buy every PCV on the rack (usually only 4 or 5 those stingy bastards!) so I have 'em on hand. All 3 recently came due for oil changes at the same time, talk about planetary alignment! 15 quarts Mobil-1, 3 Mobil-1 filters, 3 PCV valves... Visa, it's everywhere you need to be lubed!;pg; I do love those 5-quart Mobil-1 jugs at Wal-Mart! Perfect for the 3.5L owner!

Really though folks, Isuzu is known for their exceptional build quality and longevity. The IronMan I just purchased a few months ago had 99,500 miles on it and I didn't even blink at flying out to Houston and driving it 1200 miles back to Florida. With the exception of the Dragon and '01 Trooper every Isuzu I've owned had close to 200,000 miles before I got something else. Maintenance problems? Sure, a few: water pump, bad battery, starter, fuel pump, head gasket, AC drier... all spread out over the vehicles over the years. Normal stuff.

It's truly unfortunate some of our family have had the issues they've encountered, probably due to some material defect as Isuzus are typically very resilient even to poor maintenance. Considering the 3.5 V6 is used in several years worth of the Trooper, Axiom and others, the percentage of failure is pretty low for a mass-produced item. Take care of what you've got and be supportive of our stricken family members.:yesg: