Thread: Morgan-Tec intake finished, fit, and tested!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink

thanks for the replies guys...I've been brainstorming this ceramic-coating idea since I've come across other intake tubes for other vehicles advertised as such...an example is here:

http://www.focussport.com/coolflo.htm

****quote from above website:

FocusSport Cool-Flo Air Intake System
    FocusSport is proud to offer the Cool-Flo air intake system. Don't be fooled by other systems offering no protection from engine heat. This unit comes complete with our heat shield and rubber seal that meets up with the hood to reduce the surrounding air intake temperature by as much as 50% when compared to our competitor's versions. By reducing intake temperatures we are able to take advantage of the cooler (more dense) air resulting in improved throttle response, better combustion, and more power.
    Other features include all tig-welded construction and polished ceramic coating to aid in heat deflection.

I see that this particular "cold-air" setup would be longer than our tube so perhaps the coating would benefit a longer tube more than our short one and I already knew that insulating the tube wouldn't benefit us if we're simply drawing in hot air at the filter...I thought that using the existing hole as MrCrowley suggests along with perhaps either ducting more air via nacta ducts along with a heat shield would allow cooler air to enter and some sort of insulation such as ceramic or otherwise would keep the air cool 'til it reaches the engine. I am somewhat concerned with the close approximatie of the upper radiator hose to the intake tube which is unavoidable...so I figure insulate it so long as you are drawing in cool air....a waste to insulate if you are drawing in hot air.

This intake-tube along with a good hood insert Mod/complete hood design Mod that would extract heat away from the hood compartment would probably be the best way to go.
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 06/21/2004 at 02:31 PM