Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opinions please.

Originally posted by AlaskaVX
    Mine is doing this as well. It's mainly leaking where yours is, just not quite as bad. But where the second set of bolts are (2nd seam) mine is also leaking.
    And you never said anything about it? I feel like I was the only one with this problem....a outcast, freak of nature.

Now you, speak up man! Thet's hear your part.
    Draftsman of the dead

It actually just started to do it, about 3,000 miles ago, while doing an oil change I noticed, it is just such a small a mount of oil I wasn't too concerned, I was planning on changing out the SC oil this oil change, to make sure the oil level was at a descent level. I will see if I can borrow a camera and take a pic.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I've had mine for about a week, and that is the result thus far.

How long have you had yours?

20,000+ miles

Welp, 24 hours later....still leaking.

I sent Alpine the photos and I'm going to call them to see what happens next.

The status thus far-

Nothing.....after phone calls and emails(showing all the pics) to Alpine I do not feel very comfortable on how or when they plan on fixing this problem.

From what I understand, they are contacting the manufacture of the SC component that is leaking and waiting to see what they have to say, wich I don't understand....I bought the product from Alpine, I don't care who is lyable for the part, just fix it.
    I stressed I wanted to fix this problem(and it's getting worse) as soon as possible, it's been a few weeks.
    In their eyes maybe it's not a big deal, "Just leaking a bit".
    Sorry, I spent close to 4k for this thing and I'm not happy with the product or the company(parts missing and broken, important information missing from installation instructions) that sells it and I stressed that(polightly).....now, please help me have faith in you.....make good and stand behind your company and product.

Alpine has been very polight and assures "they are on it", but they have never returned any of my phonecalls(except maybe when I first inquired about buying the SC) and when they say they'll have some answers, they don't. Every phone call has been "We'll know tomorrow, we'll call you.".....what's to know?

Yep, I'm fustrated and rambling on and for all I know they will call me tomorrow and surprise me.....but I dought it.

(takes a deep breath and sighs)

Hey, I know it will be fixed, by me or whoever and the problem will be solved, but remember we're not talking about a defective $20 toaster here.....it's my baby!

Jay,

I would recommend ditching the Labor comp and now start shooting for a new SC ASAP. Take yours out and have it boxed and taken to them personally. Better yet, Take it directly to the place. Your from AZ like me so go out there and visit them with the SC in hand and have them exchange it for a new one. Since there are some VX owners in CA then maybe they can recommend you a shop or ALPINE and have it done over the weekend. Then you and Alpine can verify that it is good to go.

The important thing now I believe is getting a properly built SC. So don't let them stonewall you.

Here is the address I got

S.A. Alpine Developments, Inc.
    7581 Acacia Avenue
    Garden Grove, Ca. 92841

I wish a good outcome for you.

Cheers,

Jay,

Also don't forget to write down the Serial number and post so people who will be receiving one can make sure they don't get the defect.

Cheers,

You know it would take all of 15 minutes to unbolt and reseal the SC where it is seeping. It is unfortunate that you have one with this problem but it is not the end of the world and for all the time spent freaking, the problem could have easily been resolved. This really is akin to Jiffy Lube not completely tightening your oil drain plug - do you get hire an attorney to sue and get the guy fired or do you simply climb under the car and tighten the plug? Guess the choice is yours...

Originally posted by Tone
    You know it would take all of 15 minutes to unbolt and reseal the SC where it is seeping.

I would be interested in getting info on the resealing of the SC mating surfaces as I have had mine apart twice. Once for Nose cone replacement & once for Coupler replacement. I have polished the mating surfaces and applied a sealant that my son in law uses in repairing motorcycles( he owns & operates a ATV - MotorCycle- Jet Ski etc repair shop).

I have yet to stop the SC from leaking.

Bob
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

I dont know why it keeps leaking after you have resealed but i would highly recommend a toyota silicone that is black in color(sorry dont have part number but most toyota dealers should know.. they have black and grey(yamabond type)).

I dont know what the stuff is but i used it when working on toyotas and it was virtual leak proof. the stuff is amazing at sealing up engines/transmissions/diffs(basically holds in any lube). And if you get it on your hands, plan on having black hands for about a week. Stuff sticks to EVERYTHING.
    Anthony

I'm blowing off a little steam....I'm not sueing anyone or driving to CA knocking on Alpines door. It'll be fixed, just fustrated....I would love to do it myself, I don't have the tools or space(plus it's hot, 107) and would rather have someone do it that knows how to fix it with the right tools.

Green dragon- How come you replaced your nosecone?

Not sure why Bob replaced his nose cone, but it could have to do with the "clicking" sound many of us hear. I've been assured it is quite normal and shouldn't cause a problem. After doing quite a bit of research on the net I have found that it IS in fact very common to hear a "clicking" or "ticking" in the nose cone under idle in a roots type (Eaton) supercharger.

Ok, now back to the shooooo!

Originally posted by jayfotos

Green dragon- How come you replaced your nosecone?
    Front bearing failed. Alpine Replaced with new Type Nosecone that has sealed bearing.

Bob